TaNaK or TaNaKh?

RealityJerk

Tenach, TaNaK, TeNaK, Tenakh, TNK..etc. It really doesn't matter. It's an acronym for, Torah, Nevem, Kethuvim, and it's pronounced "Tenach" or "Tanak". When someone utters it, you know what they're referring to, especially if you're having a conversation about the Hebrew bible. It's no mystery, what someone is saying when they utter "TaNaK" and you're in the middle of a discussion about the Hebrew bible. Unless of course, you don't know what TaNaK is. I like writing it TaNaK.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Tenach, TaNaK, TeNaK, Tenakh, TNK..etc. It really doesn't matter. It's an acronym for, Torah, Nevem, Kethuvim, and it's pronounced "Tenach" or "Tanak". When someone utters it, you know what they're referring to, especially if you're having a conversation about the Hebrew bible. It's no mystery, what someone is saying when they utter "TaNaK" and you're in the middle of a discussion about the Hebrew bible. Unless of course, you don't know what TaNaK is. I like writing it TaNaK.
Is it Ketuvim?

RealityJerk

Is it Ketuvim?

You can write it like that. Ketuvim. There really isn't an official way of transliterating the Hebrew word into English. When I see Ketuvim or Kethuvim, I know what the person is saying and that's really all that matters when it comes to a transliteration, unless there's an overwhelming , universal agreement on how to actually transliterate it. Some official way of writing it. In this case there isn't.

(Staying somewhat true to the way it is pronounced in the original language, is important, but the way it is transliterated into another language or script, can be a bit subjective. Not written on stone.)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can write it like that. Ketuvim. There really isn't an official way of transliterating the Hebrew word into English. When I see Ketuvim or Kethuvim, I know what the person is saying and that's really all that matters when it comes to a transliteration, unless there's an overwhelming , universal agreement on how to actually transliterate it. Some official way of writing it. In this case there isn't.

(Staying somewhat true to the way it is pronounced in the original language, is important, but the way it is transliterated into another language or script, can be a bit subjective. Not written on stone.)

Would TaNaKh imply Kethuvim?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I see, you're trolling. Just trying to be a good sport, but you got me.
I think I do not know what trolling is. I have been here for years. I am a Jew. But someone in life recently told me that I am not.

TaNaK is Torah Nevi'im Ketuvim
TaNaKh is Torah Nevi'im Kethuvim

If I say Ketuvim do I need to, or should I, say TaNaK rather than TaNaKh?

There is no th in Hebrew.

RealityJerk

I think I do not know what trolling is. I have been here for years. I am a Jew. But someone in life recently told me that I am not.

TaNaK is Torah Nevi'im Ketuvim
TaNaKh is Torah Nevi'im Kethuvim

If I say Ketuvim do I need to, or should I, say TaNaK rather than TaNaKh?

There is no th in Hebrew.

There's no E in Hebrew either. Right? It's a transliteration. Elohim, Alohim..etc. You're just straining the gnat.