Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are a lawyer and you have poor.reading comprehension.
If you're going to climb on that horse you might want to pay attention to your punctuation when you make the swing.

Nowhere did i say the rapist isn't guilty nor did i try to.justify it.
Nowhere did I attempt to paraphrase you or claim to speak for you. What I did was simply restate the clear and unambiguous fact of the matter, letting that contrast with your effort, as you're about to explain it.

The woman in my example bears responsibility for making the CHANCES of a rape increase astronomically by her actions.
If I set my wallet down on on the table and walk away for a minute I'm not the reason you're a thief.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you're going to climb on that horse you might want to pay attention to your punctuation when you make the swing.

Nowhere did I attempt to paraphrase you or claim to speak for you. What I did was simply restate the clear and unambiguous fact of the matter, letting that contrast with your effort, as you're about to explain it.

If I set my wallet down on on the table and walk away for a minute I'm not the reason you're a thief.

Indeed ... honest, decent people are not tempted. A person's actions and reactions are a reflective of what is already present in their character.

glorydaz

You are a lawyer and you have poor.reading comprehension. Nowhere did i say the rapist isn't guilty nor did i try to.justify it. Quit reading your thoughts into my words. I said nothing about prosecuting the victim. Quit reading things other than what is clearly written.

Clean that liberal brainwashed mind clean for a second and listen to what i actually say.

The woman in my example bears responsibility for making the CHANCES of a rape increase astronomically by her actions. That's all I am saying....... Nothing more.

It really doesn't matter what you actually say. ;)

They stick to their talking points as well as that Wasserman Shultz does for the Democrat Party.

It takes a certain kind of discipline to keep saying the same LIE over and over again with a straight face.

glorydaz

Oh, we're talking about wallets?

I was thinking we were talking about how all women are innocent of any wrong doing. :think:

Proverbs 6:24-26
To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.

Proverbs 7:21-26
With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life. Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth. Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.​

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Always has been and always will be. :thumb:

This "but they caused him to be tempted or stumble" is nothing more than making excuses for a person who doesn't have the backbone, willpower or accountability to just say "No".

When is the last time you have heard that excuse used for an alcoholic who started drinking again while at a family reunion or office party?

"It's the company's fault that he took out a family of five because they provided alcohol".

glorydaz

This "but they caused him to be tempted or stumble" is nothing more than making excuses for a person who doesn't have the backbone, willpower or accountability to just say "No".

I guess Rusha is unaware of the power of a Delilah. :think:

But I know for a fact she thinks men without a "backbone" can be taught to grow one. :chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

No, youre not, but you are guilty of losing your wallet (you suffer in part because of your choice not to be proactive because if you didnt leave it unattended, you wouldnt be missing it) because there are thieves.

How are others not getting what has been said? Its clear reading where im sitting.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Who said that? There are thieves as well as other criminals looking for any opportunity all the time.

As to the other scenerio, if a half naked chick is pressing it all over a guy, i would think thats implied consent.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, youre not, but you are guilty of losing your wallet
You could call the action careless or indifferent, but I'm not guilty of anything, because I haven't done a single thing that's wrong. I've simply had my wallet stolen.

How are others not getting what has been said? Its clear reading where im sitting.
Maybe you missed some of it, but there are too many people trying too hard to distribute the blame for what remains and will always remain the responsibility of the actor. What you do is yours.

Mothers have known this for generations. And no boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar blames the cookie.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You could call the action careless or indifferent, but I'm not guilty of anything, because I haven't done a single thing that's wrong. I've simply had my wallet stolen.

You said it yourself, it would be careless. An adult knows there are thieves out there. You would be guilty of carelessness as well as suffer a loss in part due to carelessness, and sometimes ones carelessness costs them plenty which is the point.

Maybe you missed some of it, but there are too many people trying too hard to distribute the blame for what remains and will always remain the responsibility of the actor. What you do is yours.

I didnt miss people putting words in other peoples mouths at all, nor those pretending some people have said things they havent.

Mothers have known this for generations. And no boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar blames the cookie.
Irrelevant completely, we are talking about adults.

glorydaz

Mothers have known THIS for generations, too. "If you want to keep your new bike, you are responsible to keep it where it can't be stolen. I've told you this over and over again, and you did it anyway. You deserve to have your bike stolen....maybe the other kid will take better care of it than you did." Yes, the thief had his own guilt, but the owner of the bike had his own, as well.

In your "example", Town, it would not be the cookie that needed to be blamed, but the mother who left the cookies where they could be taken. There is enough blame to go around. The boy who took the cookie and the mom who left them to be taken (by a young son who clearly had some lessons to be learned).

Besides, cookies aren't evil women who take off their clothes and rub up against you. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Everyone. But, it never hurts to put up some more rabbit trails, I guess. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You said it yourself, it would be careless.
Could be. Could be indifferent. Could be naively trusting.

An adult knows there are thieves out there.
And yet we don't always lock our doors. We don't walk in groups for safety's sake.

You would be guilty of carelessness
I bear no guilt or blame for the act of those who work a harm against me by violating the law. The guilt is theirs.

Irrelevant completely, we are talking about adults.
The principle is the same. You control what you do and you bear the responsibility for your actions.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I cut off the irrelevant part but to the last line there - Very good you get it now, and that applies all the way around.
I've never misunderstood my own point. But there's no all the way around. There's just the person stealing your wallet. You have no obligation to make his job harder. He has the obligation to refrain.

glorydaz

They don't want to get it, Angel. It's part of being one of the entitlement generation. In the same way that people think they are entitled to free health insurance, to a share in the wealth of the rich.....they are entitled to being free from personal responsibility for their own stupid or immoral behavior. As long as there is someone else to blame, someone else to mooch off of, and someone else to pay their way to school, they are content.

Blame the thief for your own stupidity.....lots of finger pointing going on in this world today.

ClimateSanity

Exactly. :thumb:

The victim of a crime has no responsibility for their actions according to TH. If no crime was comittted, he would say the possible victim is acting foolishly and inviting a crime. But once the crime is committed, he magically absolves the victim of the previously acknowledged foolishness. How odd????

Status
Not open for further replies.