The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Why assume more than scripture states---

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

LA
That Holy thing born of Mary was too of GOD. The seed was from GOD via an angel.

Im not adding to anything.

popsthebuilder

Hi, Why would you think that I don't believe that the Spirit of Christ was around before the physical conception of the man Jesus? I don't think I've ever said that, Christ has always been with the father and he was sent by the father, so he must have been with God before he was born in the flesh.

And I've never said that the Holy Spirit is limited either, I believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit sent by the father in the name of Christ. I believe that the Holy Spirit was with Jesus and not that Jesus is the only Holy Spirit and Jesus certainly isn't the father according to the bible. The father is also the father of Christ Jesus and Jesus calls himself and the father "we" and "our" so he isn't the father. There is the father, Son and Holy Spirit. And according to the scriptures, the Father is God and father of all, including Christ Jesus, and Jesus even says this himself.
I'm glad we are in agreement.

You asked how the Holy Spirit could be in both the man Jesus and Simeon, which is why I said what I did. Your question towards gt was from a position that assumes limited capacities of the spirit of GOD though there aren't any.

That's all.

I wasn't saying you thought or believed any certain thing..... at all friend.

I'm NOT going to be your enemy too..... I'm out for a while.

peace dear sister; sincerely

marhig

I'm glad we are in agreement.

You asked how the Holy Spirit could be in both the man Jesus and Simeon, which is why I said what I did. Your question towards gt was from a position that assumes limited capacities of the spirit of GOD though there aren't any.

That's all.

I wasn't saying you thought or believed any certain thing..... at all friend.

I'm NOT going to be your enemy too..... I'm out for a while.

peace dear sister; sincerely
I know your not my enemy :) I think sometimes because we are writing and not speaking face to face it comes across differently to how we are actually speaking or thinking. :)

And I know the Holy Spirit was in Simeon and Jesus at the same time, but I believe that the Spirit comes from the father and that the father isn't Christ Jesus. But rather the Spirit of the Father was in Christ and Simeon. Speak soon :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, that's one theory. To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "spiritual body". He certainly didn't have His "resurrected body" until He was resurrected. If you have some scripture you'd like to share to the contrary...feel free to do so.
:chuckle:

glorydaz

That Holy thing born of Mary was too of GOD. The seed was from GOD via an angel.

Im not adding to anything.

The angel was merely the messenger. That's all.

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

popsthebuilder

I know your not my enemy :) I think sometimes because we are writing and not speaking face to face it comes across differently to how we are actually speaking or thinking. :)

And I know the Holy Spirit was in Simeon and Jesus at the same time, but I believe that the Spirit comes from the father and that the father isn't Christ Jesus. But rather the Spirit of the Father was in Christ and Simeon. Speak soon :)
The man Jesus was not the Spirit of GOD; He was a man that had the Spirit of GOD within Him from conception; the Holy Spirit. It is the same spirit and comforter that He spoke of and that He followed and obeyed wholly, without waver, all throughout His physical life, pleasing GOD, and completing what he was begotten for to the glory of GOD alone.

To say Christ is GOD is to say there is ONE Spirit. To say the man Jesus; the temple of GOD, God among men, King of kings, and Lord of lords was fully GOD as man is not correct, and not what I am ever saying when I speak of the singular nature of the perceivable spiritual nature of GOD.

Gt has also seemingly made it clear that man is not the literal utter fullness of GOD as well.

You understand that Jesus was of GOD.

You understand the Holy Spirt as being of GOD, yet not the fullness there of; similarly to as you perceive the man Jesus perhaps. You understand both the man Jesus and the Holy Spirit to have emanated from GOD almighty. Surely man cannot perceive the fullness of GOD; so those things are true.

I'm really not sure where we are missing one another. We are though. It is needless division as we all actually believe the same, yet word it differently; as you stated I believe.

The Holy Spirit is of GOD.

The man Jesus is of GOD.

though GOD is spirit, and the Holy Spirit is GOD, that doesn't mean man can claim the perceivable Holy Spirit is the fullness of GOD, though it may be the limit to which man can perceive GOD while in this temporal vessel.

When will we (any of us) be able to see that we have the GOD given potential to be the leaves of the Vine?

When will those who vainly perceive themselves as such be humbled?

Even the right hand of GOD is not the fullness there of. Even so; may we never divide Lord from GOD; not in prayer or plea, or thanks, or submission, not in praise or song.

There is but One Spirit.

popsthebuilder

The angel was merely the messenger. That's all.

Matthew 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
The angel brought the Spirit unto Mary along with the message. It is needless division of a pointless sort as it was all the doing of GOD for the sake of HIS creation/ HIS will.

peace

Rosenritter

Too young to be lecturing us old people about the condition of our minds or our bodies.

So you really have no idea. You should taste your own words before serving them to others.

Why are you trying to pick a fight to argue that old age necessarily makes one stubborn? You'll argue anything it seems...

Rosenritter

I'm not about to squabble with Bright Raven about how he chooses to explain the Trinity. He understands it, and, sadly, when those of us attempt to explain it, we are criticised for not explaining it to suit the fancy of those who don't understand it. Man's best attempts at describing the nature of our Great God is bound to fall short. We do our best....accept or reject it as you must.

I was referring to your claim that angels are made in the image of God....unsupported by scripture though it be.

Which was also quickly deduced by others on this same board when defining what scripture must mean by "the image of God." Would you like to veer back on topic?

Rosenritter

I'm not about to squabble with Bright Raven about how he chooses to explain the Trinity. He understands it, and, sadly, when those of us attempt to explain it, we are criticised for not explaining it to suit the fancy of those who don't understand it. Man's best attempts at describing the nature of our Great God is bound to fall short. We do our best....accept or reject it as you must.

So, you will attack someone like Pops who says that you are describing a God of multiple people, and say that Trinitarians never claim that. But when confronted that Trinitarians have said that, it's suddenly OK as long as they will say the word "Trinity?"

That's a bit two-faced. Or a double standard. Reminds me of a passage about diverse weights and measures.

God's Truth

The man Jesus was not the Spirit of GOD; He was a man that had the Spirit of GOD within Him from conception; the Holy Spirit. It is the same spirit and comforter that He spoke of and that He followed and obeyed wholly, without waver, all throughout His physical life, pleasing GOD, and completing what he was begotten for to the glory of GOD alone.

To say Christ is GOD is to say there is ONE Spirit. To say the man Jesus; the temple of GOD, God among men, King of kings, and Lord of lords was fully GOD as man is not correct, and not what I am ever saying when I speak of the singular nature of the perceivable spiritual nature of GOD.

Gt has also seemingly made it clear that man is not the literal utter fullness of GOD as well.

You understand that Jesus was of GOD.

You understand the Holy Spirt as being of GOD, yet not the fullness there of; similarly to as you perceive the man Jesus perhaps. You understand both the man Jesus and the Holy Spirit to have emanated from GOD almighty. Surely man cannot perceive the fullness of GOD; so those things are true.

I'm really not sure where we are missing one another. We are though. It is needless division as we all actually believe the same, yet word it differently; as you stated I believe.

The Holy Spirit is of GOD.

The man Jesus is of GOD.

though GOD is spirit, and the Holy Spirit is GOD, that doesn't mean man can claim the perceivable Holy Spirit is the fullness of GOD, though it may be the limit to which man can perceive GOD while in this temporal vessel.

When will we (any of us) be able to see that we have the GOD given potential to be the leaves of the Vine?

When will those who vainly perceive themselves as such be humbled?

Even the right hand of GOD is not the fullness there of. Even so; may we never divide Lord from GOD; not in prayer or plea, or thanks, or submission, not in praise or song.

There is but One Spirit.

It was interesting to read how you explained your beliefs to marhig. I disagree when you say the man Jesus was not the Spirit of GOD.

We ARE our spirit. Our spirit is us. Each human has their own spirit within them, and Jesus had his own, and that Spirit is the Spirit of God.

When a human is saved, they are given the Spirit of God to live inside them with their spirit. When Jesus was conceived, he had the Holy Spirit already in him as his own Spirit.

Rosenritter

Scripture also tells us that Jesus was the son of man.
Jesus was not the literal son of a man, but it was a title representing His humanity.
Jesus was not the literal Son of God, but it is a title representing His divinity.

Good point.

Luke 3:23 KJV
(23) And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Luke 5:21-24 KJV
(21) And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
(22) But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?
(23) Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
(24) But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

popsthebuilder

It was interesting to read how you explained your beliefs to marhig. I disagree when you say the man Jesus was not the Spirit of GOD.

We ARE our spirit. Our spirit is us. Each human has their own spirit within them, and Jesus had his own, and that Spirit is the Spirit of God.

When a human is saved, they are given the Spirit of God to live inside them with their spirit. When Jesus was conceived, he had the Holy Spirit already in him as his own Spirit.
It is only different wording; the meaning is the same. The man Jesus who's spirit was of GOD and the Holy Spirit was not the fullness there of as the man grew along with the spirit. If He was in the utter fullness of the Spirit then the spirit would not have been able to grow, nor would it have needed to. His spirit was the Holy Spirit ever as He was boy/man; bit the Spirit was not limited to Him and so He wasn't in the fullness there of to me.

How does a thing at full capacity grow?

The spirit of the man Jesus is too the spirit of GOD. I see no real need for further division past that simple pertinent truth. I cannot say definitively that Jesus as man had a separate spirit than the Holy Spirit. I could see how, but to surmise such due to mere possibility is, well.... conjecture.

The spirit of GOD was in Christ leading Him. He denied temptation, yet GOD cannot be tempted. It seems to support that He denied His spirit as it was able to be tempted, and he followed the Holy Spirit, not falling into temptation giving place for sin.

I really do not see the point in arguing over it.

We see it the same as it pertains to us now at this time. Why fight or debate over what is of no help to any? Christ is the spirit of GOD. Is that not what matters? His words are life everlasting. Does that not take precedence over who we claim He was as a man 2000 years ago?

God's Truth

Well, that's one theory. To be honest, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "spiritual body". He certainly didn't have His "resurrected body" until He was resurrected. If you have some scripture you'd like to share to the contrary...feel free to do so.

I will go slower at explaining.

You know this scripture:

1 Corinthians 15:37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.

Paul is saying we will not be exactly as we will be when we died. Do you agree?

Now read this scripture:

1 Corinthians 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Did you read how Paul says it is a natural body, meaning a flesh and blood body?

Did you also read how Paul say there is raised a spiritual body?

So we can see that at the resurrection, our raised bodies will be spiritual bodies. This is not about the spirit within a man, this is about what our physical resurrected body is called, a spiritual body.

Jesus has a Spiritual Body when he ascended to God. It is the same Spiritual Body he had before coming to earth. He is the First and the Last. The Beginning and the End.

God the Father made Himself the Spiritual Body of the Man Jesus, and then He made everything through Jesus.

Colossians 1:16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him

John 1:3 Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

glorydaz

I will go slower at explaining.

You know this scripture:

1 Corinthians 15:37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.

No need to go that slow. I understand about spiritual bodies.

So we can see that at the resurrection, our raised bodies will be spiritual bodies. This is not about the spirit within a man, this is about what our physical resurrected body is called, a spiritual body.

Yes, yes, I know all that.

Jesus has a Spiritual Body when he ascended to God. It is the same Spiritual Body he had before coming to earth. He is the First and the Last. The Beginning and the End.

God the Father made Himself the Spiritual Body of the Man Jesus, and then He made everything through Jesus.

As I said....you have no evidence for any of that. It's all conjecture on your part.