Why I’m No Longer a Russiagate Skeptic

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
At this point, I've managed to get the two main trolls agitated again.

Don't mean to; I just seem to attract them. So in the interest of peace, I'll take a little hiatus.

Sorry to have been a bother.

This is how they win. They don't care how they do it, they just care that they do.

(Which is why it doesn't bother them that Russia helped Trump win the election. End justifies the means, etc.)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They don't care how they do it...

i do it by demonstrating that barbie is the most dishonest poster on the site

you can whine all you like about it, but that's the truth :idunno:

i don't know why artie was banned, i can't see the woodshed anymore

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is how they win.

Nope. I win when someone shows how something I believe cannot be true.

They don't care how they do it, they just care that they do.
Nope, if I don't win, life goes on.

It doesn't bother them that Russia helped Trump win the election.
It wouldn't bother me, even if it was true:
1. I've spent a grand total of about six hours in the US. Your airports are bizarre.
2. Democracy is for pansies. Real men take charge of their own lives; they don't join a mob and demand that other people run everyone's lives for them.
3. The most Russia did was disseminate stolen e-mails, affect lobbying or run a few ads. There was no "hacking of the election." No voting machines or ballot counts were affected. This plays into point 2: If the US electorate chose Donaldtrump over whoever his opponent was because of Russia, it deserves what it got, because it obviously has no discernment, standards or backbone.

The real issue is: This is a discussion forum. You get to present your ideas — within the rules — and if you're lucky, someone will engage rationally. There is no possibility of a rational, on-topic discussion arising over OP, because it was perceptions presented as if it were fact.

And do we need to remind you what your first contribution to this thread was? :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ok doser

This is how they win. They don't care how they do it, they just care that they do.

(Which is why it doesn't bother them that Russia helped Trump win the election. End justifies the means, etc.)

better get yerself some puppies to hug :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See?

I post substance; you post nonsense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ok doser

It's totally understandable that the right is reluctant to talk about Trump, with good cause. I'd be too embarrassed to talk about him too if I were them.

it would be interesting to have a discussion about trump without the blatant dishonesty and hysteria from the left

care to give it a try?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think it's less sinister with Trump and more about his egocentric approach to everything. He isn't making determinations based on hard evidence, he's making decisions based on instinct, a thing he trusts more because it comes from him. There's no one in the world Trump takes more seriously than Trump. And for whatever reason, he likes Putin. Liking Putin he trusts him, at least when he's in the room with him. Remember during his campaign when candidate Trump would talk about how much he knew, how generals knew less, that sort of thing? That's why he's comfortable shoving the agencies tasked with intelligence aside to prefer the sound of his own rhetorical splendor and slap dash advance. I suspect he honestly believes in what he's saying...when you've convinced yourself the only voices you can trust, the only voices telling the truth, are either in your head or nodding theirs it's a recipe for embarrassing mistakes of the sort the president routinely makes.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I suspect he honestly believes in what he's saying...when you've convinced yourself the only voices you can trust, the only voices telling the truth, are either in your head or nodding theirs it's a recipe for embarrassing mistakes of the sort the president routinely makes.

He vacillates between intentional lies (for personal/power/revenge gain), or unintentional (confabulation) - but either way he lies out of habit, continually and unapologetically.

I'm reminded time and again of "admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations."

ok doser

He didn't say Trump was embarrassed. I don't think Trump has the capacity to be embarrassed.

He said "embarrassing mistakes, and they are indeed embarrassing.

if they are embarrassing, then someone is embarrassed by them

you say "not trump"

if not trump, then who?

who is embarrassed by these "embarrassing mistakes"?