you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame" (Hebrews 4-6).

Apparently there were those who fell away. All Christians will be tempted. Although the Word tells me I will not be tempted beyond that which I can stand. It does not mean some do not fall.

That's a bad verse to use, because it first says it's impossible, and it is then talking about those who have only tasted the good word of God. The Jews fit the bill...having eaten of the manna from heaven, they were partakers of the Holy Spirit....not indwelt by the Spirit or baptised by the Spirit into the body of Christ.

marhig

This is what happens when you cherry pick.....you end up with cherries without the pie.

Context....context.....context.
What? They are clear verses from the apostle Paul to say that we have hope of eternal salvation, meaning we don't have eternal salvation yet.
We are eternally saved once we endure to the end. Those walking in the Spirit are being saved daily and helped to overcome their flesh by being strengthened taught and guided by the Spirit to live right before God, IF we remain in his goodness and don't turn back!

Jesus is quite clear about it, many will call him Lord lord, but that's not enough, if we are workers of iniquity then we are in danger of him saying depart from me I never knew you. Christ only knows those who live by the will of the God. As James said, we are to be doers of the word and not hearers only deceiving ourselves.

Here's more verses for you to dismiss that shows us that we can turn back because of lust.

There's all of Romans 1, and Jude, both chapters are about those who turn away from God, and there's the following.

Hebrews 3: But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end

And here

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Romans 11: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1 Corinthians 9: I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

James 1: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

1 Peter 1: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

2 Peter 2: For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

And according Peter, we can fall.

2 Peter 1: For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Colossians 1: And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

And in the words of Jesus himself

John 15: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Matthew 24: But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What? They are clear verses from the apostle Paul to say that we have hope of eternal salvation, meaning we don't have eternal salvation yet.

So simple yet too many Christians seem to be brain washed to believe otherwise.

"I am saved" doctrine is one of the most popular man made one.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul could not have been saved under the kingdom gospel that was preached by the 12.
He was a blasphemer which was unforgivable under the kingdom gospel.
The Lord Jesus Christ did not wait for Paul to clean up his act before Christ met him on the road and called him into a ministry for the Lord.
Cause that's not the way grace works.
Instead, by grace the Lord called upon one of the chief sinners - Saul who became Paul.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

What is the kingdom gospel

one might ask and I ask

because

Jesus preached about the kingdom of heaven

that we are to keep and teach the commandments

we are to do and teach the commandments

to be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Jesus sent them out two by two

and after Jesus rose from the dead and after He ascended to the right hand of God

the apostles did minister to Jews Israelites those who were of Israel and Gentiles

while Paul ministered and went to the Gentiles upon the Israelites or Israel's rejection at the worst

So the early church or the followers of the way were entirely Jewish, Jews, of Israel

and there were Gentiles

and the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

Paul could not have been saved under the kingdom gospel that was preached by the 12.
He was a blasphemer which was unforgivable under the kingdom gospel.
The Lord Jesus Christ did not wait for Paul to clean up his act before Christ met him on the road and called him into a ministry for the Lord.
Cause that's not the way grace works.
Instead, by grace the Lord called upon one of the chief sinners - Saul who became Paul.

You are dreaming. Paul believed in Jesus and was not yet saved on that road to Damascus.

Jesus told him that it will be told him what he must do.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am doing no such thing. Did you not say you are not saved? I said I agree with you that you are not saved. What is your problem?

Nope, I did not say I am not saved.

I say no one knows of their salvation until Jesus approvs. Jesus says to be faithful until the end.

Jesus is the judge to claim who will be saved or not, not anyone else.

Jesus is the Lord and Judge..

God's Truth

Nope, I did not say I am not saved.

I say no one knows of their salvation until Jesus approved. Jesus says to be faithful until the end.

Jesus is the judge to claim who will be saved or not, not anyone else.

Jesus is the Lord and Judge..

So you say you don't know if you are saved.

You say you don't know until the end.

I said I agree with you that you are not saved yet.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So why are you upset when I agree that you are not saved?

Because you claim to be saved. and I am only stating the fact.

You are usurping Jesus' authority to claim to be saved.

dont try to avoid the point I am making.

It is not honest thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.