Steven Crowder - Popular Right Wing Conservative

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
There's a part of me that wonders if it's a put-on. His base didn't want an elitist who knows things and tells the truth. They wanted someone who would tell them the lies they want to hear. It could well be tactical ignorance, as much a part of his messaging strategy as hating on Mexicans.

Or maybe he's just really that dumb.

If it does not have anything to do with the Trump Brand---he doesn't care and doesn't know. He is about the worst of us, fortunately subject to Constitutional checks and balances.
He is a moron. Too stupid to be really evil ala Putin.

rexlunae

If it does not have anything to do with the Trump Brand---he doesn't care and doesn't know. He is about the worst of us, fortunately subject to Constitutional checks and balances.
He is a moron. Too stupid to be really evil ala Putin.

I agree that he's not as clever a Putin. But I also think he's a skilled manipulator, or he has some working for him. It may be his one and only talent. Then again, I'm not sure the real thing driving it isn't Russian intelligence.

Totally agree that he's the worst of us. But I think it's dangerous to underestimate him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do wonder how his fans are going to react when the indictments start to drop. And I also wonder which if Trump's old employees are going to turn state's evidence.
Yeah, and I also wonder how his non-fans are going to react if nothing comes of it.

rexlunae

Yeah, and I also wonder how his non-fans are going to react if nothing comes of it.

Something has already come of it. Remember Michael Flynn? With the news that Paul Manafort will be indicted, or at least that's Mueller's intention, there are two first-degree connections to Trump in serious legal jeopardy. And that's just the start of what's to come. If you think that nothing is still a possible outcome, you haven't been paying attention.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Something has already come of it. Remember Michael Flynn? With the news that Paul Manafort will be indicted, or at least that's Mueller's intention, there are two first-degree connections to Trump in serious legal jeopardy. And that's just the start of what's to come. If you think that nothing is still a possible outcome, you haven't been paying attention.
Possible outcome is not outcome.
Neither is probable outcome.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michael Flynn. Yeah, he's not in jail yet, but he did get fired. Remember that?
Don't worry, Trump won't win the election.
Remember that?

images

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I believe that Manafort and Flynn will both turn state's evidence. What a joyous occasion it will be. :cloud9:

I honestly doubt it, though. This government hasn't seriously investigated itself since Watergate. From Iran-Contra on, any investigations of the Executive Branch has turned up snake eyes. And that is by design. If I had to bet, I would bet that despite any investigations, Trump will be allowed to slide on through, just like the rest of them. Time will tell.

rexlunae

Don't worry, Trump won't win the election.
Remember that?

We aren't talking about a prediction here. We're talking about history. Michael Flynn was already fired. That happened. Shortest tenure as national security advisor ever. Of course, if Trump had listened to Obama (anathema, I know), he wouldn't have hired him in the first place.

And anyone who cares about justice and the rule of law should be eager to see it done.

rexlunae

I believe that Manafort and Flynn will both turn state's evidence. What a joyous occasion it will be. :cloud9:

Seems to me like Manafort has no intention of cooperating. He is something like a career consultant on running a corrupt regime. His career is pretty much full of it. If there's a despot robbing their country blind, he's there to help. That's what he does. I don't see him rolling. I could see him turning up in Moscow, but that would have to be a pretty desperate move on his part.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...fort-ferinand-marcos-philippines-1980s-213952

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...414-82b2-70701894dfae/?utm_term=.bdca122a29df

In a way, Manafort's efforts with Trump and the Russians could be seen as bringing the kind of corrupt kleptocracy to the US that we supported in other countries, sometimes with his help.

Flynn though, I think he's already turned. He seems disgruntled with the status quo in the US. I don't understand what happened to him, but it seems like he took a turn somewhere back there, and went nuts.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Seems to me like Manafort has no intention of cooperating. He is something like a career consultant on running a corrupt regime. His career is pretty much full of it. If there's a despot robbing their country blind, he's there to help. That's what he does. I don't see him rolling. I could see him turning up in Moscow, but that would have to be a pretty desperate move on his part.

Interesting article here:

Both Zeldin and Nick Akerman, a former prosecutor on the Watergate investigation, pointed to reports of the strong evidence Mueller is building against Manafort to bolster theories that prosecutors are trying to flip him. Though the Times report on Mueller’s team’s warning to Manafort doesn’t indicate the alleged crimes for which he could be indicted, the former campaign chair is reportedly under investigation for failing to register as a foreign agent, tax evasion and colluding with a foreign power against the interests of the U.S.

“The bottom line is that the people who really should be worried now are the President, Donald Trump, Jr., [Trump son-in-law and White House adviser Jared] Kushner,” Akerman said. “People who were at that June 9 meeting, and people that Manafort could finger because ultimately what I think they’re trying to do is come at him with all the firepower they have and get him to turn and testify.”

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl: The left acts like this is Law & Order on TV, where they "flip" a witness. This show will end with Trump victorious.

rexlunae

:rotfl: The left acts like this is Law & Order on TV, where they "flip" a witness. This show will end with Trump victorious.

Flipping witnesses is something Law and Order got from real practices, and it's common in organized crime cases. It's actually happened to one Trump associate in the past. Google Felix Sater.