ECT He shall save His people from their sins

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Right, and of course the assessment that this is typical of churchianity is mistaken. I almost never mention my views about these things because I only care to take so much pounding for not being dumb-struck about modern or upcoming Israel. Most of churchianity is very much in love with Israel even if they think there is something amiss about the present one. RD is way off on this.
The land of Israel has always been very important to some individual members of the Church, and it probably always will be. The land of Israel was the whole point of the crusades. Some individual members of the Church want peace and safety especially in the land of Israel, so that they can go visit it without fear or concern. But they will visit it even if it's dangerous, which shows how important it is to them.

Danoh

Silly "interpretation" of that.

THIS is what they were longing for:

Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

The kingdom of heaven will be ON THE EARTH, in the LAND that God promised to Israel.

"Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."

- Men at Work :chuckle:

God's Truth

UNTIL that something has been REVEALED.

The Old Testament is all prophecy. The New Testament is Jesus fulfilling/revealing all the prophecies.

Interplanner

Silly "interpretation" of that.

THIS is what they were longing for:

Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

The kingdom of heaven will be ON THE EARTH, in the LAND that God promised to Israel.

The NT actually sounds just the opposite of this view, RD. It is hardly concerned just with Israel, and is seeking how the mission will get out to all nations.

Right Divider

Body part
The NT actually sounds just the opposite of this view, RD. It is hardly concerned just with Israel, and is seeking how the mission will get out to all nations.
You and your silly fairy tale with your "not quoted = cancelled" nonsense.

God promised Israel a LAND.... FOREVER.

They were to pray for a kingdom COME.... ON EARTH as it is heaven (Matt. 6:10)

Isa 60:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

NOT cancelled.

Interplanner

You and your silly fairy tale with your "not quoted = cancelled" nonsense.

God promised Israel a LAND.... FOREVER.

They were to pray for a kingdom COME.... ON EARTH as it is heaven (Matt. 6:10)

Isa 60:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

NOT cancelled.

This creation will be shaken; believers inherit an unshakeable kingdom, whether they are Jews or not. You think the problem is resolved in literalism of OT vision, instead of in Christ.

Many, many passages in the OT use the term forever for about 4-5 generations, whether speaking of a good or evil outcome.

Interplanner

For God to fulfill things in Christ is not cancellation. No more than the Seed referred to one person, Christ, not many people, Gal 3:16.

Truster

The angel who appeared to Joseph said concerning Jesus, "...thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins," Matthew 1:21. Jesus never made a mistake of converting a soul and leaving it under the power of sin. Those who are converted cease to wilfully sin, ie to break God's commandments since sin is defined as "the transgression of the law" - 1John 3:4. The children of God are not saved by their obedience but rather the obedience is the fruit of their new life. Our fruits are our words and deeds.

What is it that you understand by the word "save"?

Interplanner

Since the expression is actually save from sins and is 1st century Judean, it is referring to how those who would follow him would not go through the turmoil of the zealots for Judaism and their thirst for a monarchy, that is, the traumas of 66-72 AD.

In a more general way, he justifies believers from their sins, which is not an inner change although it creates changes. It is a removal of the debt of sin from their through the positive righteousness of Christ which is given to it.

Truster

Since the expression is actually save from sins and is 1st century Judean, it is referring to how those who would follow him would not go through the turmoil of the zealots for Judaism and their thirst for a monarchy, that is, the traumas of 66-72 AD.

In a more general way, he justifies believers from their sins, which is not an inner change although it creates changes. It is a removal of the debt of sin from their through the positive righteousness of Christ which is given to it.

I wasn't addressing you, but seeing as you have chosen to reply...wrong. I asked "do you understand by" and that would require the knowledge of the "meaning of the word" and not its application in relation to a nation or person.