Sabbath

keypurr

What did Christ say?
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

keypurr

Not just rest...but a Sabbath keeping

The Greek word translated “rest” in every other verse throughout Hebrews 3 and 4 is katapausis. But the word translated “rest” in Hebrews 4:9 is sabbatismos. This is the only New Testament occurrence of this word, and its meaning is fundamental to understanding this pivotal verse, which is the conclusion of everything previously said about “rest” beginning in Hebrews 3:7.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-too...ath-rest/there-remains-a-sabbath-rest-for-the

The Aramaic English New Testament points that out in is notes. It would take me an hour or two to copy them for you. I trust the Hebrew/Aramaic over the Greek friend.

clefty

COGTHW: Then Paul tells us this
Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

You sure you want to use this text?

They were keeping the Sabbath...as it IS a shadow notice the present tense...not past tense "was"...

http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseac...With-Sabbath-Holy-Days-Colossians-2-16-17.htm

Good stuff here on who is to judge...the body of Christ..the church

keypurr

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

clefty

I use the new ARAMAIC ENGLISH NEW TESTAMENT (AENT)

check it out at:
www.aent.org

Well worth the forty dollars in the notes alone. I highly suggest every serious student of scripture get it.,

Thanks for this...yes

However Paul (?) wrote to Hebrews in Greek or?

And here rather than merely rest which Greek has a word for he brought in a word of Hebrew root origin intending something more than merely rest but Sabbath keeping...

Is why so many other translations include Sabbath rest...

keypurr

Thanks for this...yes

And here rather than merely rest which Greek has a word for he brought in a word of Hebrew root origin intending something more than merely rest but Sabbath keeping...

Nope, originals were in Hebrew and mostly Aramaic a form of Hebrew.
I also have in my library over thirty Greek to English translation to compare.

keypurr

Thanks for this...yes

Satan works 24 hours every day friend.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Who can really know?

You gotta read buddy...study...research...pray

James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.

I said
Don't you understand yet. All your studying has made you an intellectual idiot. With all that extra stuff you cant focus on the new testament. Satan has deceived you into thinking you can find the truth in other books. It cant be done, you will only find confusion.

John 17:17-18
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

clefty

Who can really know?

You gotta read buddy...study...research...pray

James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.

I said
Don't you understand yet. All your studying has made you an intellectual idiot. With all that extra stuff you cant focus on the new testament. Satan has deceived you into thinking you can find the truth in other books. It cant be done, you will only find confusion.

John 17:17-18
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

The simplicity of Christ and what is written is to do JUST AS He did...you and yours have made it complicated and confusing by adding to the Word...

And leaves you stumbling and fumbling with

"Who can really know?"...

clefty

I said
lol Your an idiot.

Yes, there are some who find the message of the cross is foolishness...

Even at the cross the Sabbath was kept...as part of its message

He died...they hurried to prepare for the Sabbath and in it He rested and rose and was refreshed...ready for the first fruits festival the following morning...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, there are some who find the message of the cross is foolishness...

Even at the cross the Sabbath was kept...as part of its message

He died...they hurried to prepare for the Sabbath and in it He rested and rose and was refreshed...ready for the first fruits festival the following morning...

I said
lolo I hate to have to say this. But you have some kind of mental problem You make up things, you lie, you use the old testament, you use gross exaggerations. And you never hear what someone says to you. All you have is the wrong evidence. With all the true evidence that has been shown you anyone else will know that they have failed. Your an idiot so that doesn't register with you. That is why I say you have a mental problem.

clefty

I said
lolo I hate to have to say this. But you have some kind of mental problem You make up things, you lie, you use the old testament, you use gross exaggerations. And you never hear what someone says to you. All you have is the wrong evidence. With all the true evidence that has been shown you anyone else will know that they have failed. Your an idiot so that doesn't register with you. That is why I say you have a mental problem.

So this it how it starts...corrected you are resentful and resort to name calling and ad homs soon calls for further taunts and even banning...you are well on your way to Pharisee and inquisitor...

Yours have long persecuted mine...

http://www.sabbath.org/index.cfm/fu...ath-First-Day-During-First-Five-Centuries.htm

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So this it how it starts...corrected you are resentful and resort to name calling and ad homs soon calls for further taunts and even banning...you are well on your way to Pharisee and inquisitor...

Yours have long persecuted mine...

http://www.sabbath.org/index.cfm/fu...ath-First-Day-During-First-Five-Centuries.htm

I said
lol That is what I am talking about. You dictate you don't listen. And you have never corrected me yet. You have a big problem. You rattle off stuff contrary to truth. Your the only one that believes it. You don't eve claim your a Christian and you think you can see the truth, you cant. You have been blinded to the truth.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

You talk with bits and pieces and come up with the wrong conclusion every time. You will never be able to see the truths that real Christians stand on.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol That is what I am talking about. You dictate you don't listen. And you have never corrected me yet. You have a big problem. You rattle off stuff contrary to truth. Your the only one that believes it. You don't eve claim your a Christian and you think you can see the truth, you cant. You have been blinded to the truth.

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

You talk with bits and pieces and come up with the wrong conclusion every time. You will never be able to see the truths that real Christians stand on.

Why was the Sabbath changed from Saturday to Sunday?