ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

iamaberean

There is no confusion. He will "return" post trib.
The rapture is not a return, but an appearing and catching up.

Posttrib is correct, but not will, but did. If you haven't read 'War of the Jews', I recommend it, you would see the tribulation the Jews went through, and then the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. Prophecy fulfilled.

Side note:
Jesus came in judgment in 70 AD, a few years less than 40, a generation. This is what he said all along, that 'this generation', theirs not ours, would see him come.
I relate that to the Jews that had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years, one generation. That was because of unbelief that they would be not allowed to go into the promise land.

SaulToPaul 2

Posttrib is correct, but not will, but did. If you haven't read 'War of the Jews', I recommend it, you would see the tribulation the Jews went through, and then the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. Prophecy fulfilled.

Side note:
Jesus came in judgment in 70 AD, a few years less than 40, a generation. This is what he said all along, that 'this generation', theirs not ours, would see him come.
I relate that to the Jews that had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years, one generation. That was because of unbelief that they would be not allowed to go into the promise land.

The events of 70ad do not match the prophecies of the Lord's return.
I must reject 70ad as the second coming.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nothing but false Dispensational propaganda invented by John Nelson Darby.

No one taught this rubbish before Darby in 1830.

He lied again, as the habitual liar of TOL.

Want to see another one of your lies, punk?

He won't touch that, as I shut the punk up.

No one taught, what you "teach," before you "taught" this rubbish/dung, on TOL, litter boy. Therefore, it is false.

Craigie the little arms/spine Craigie pie suffers another fatal death knell, as a Josephus/Russell follower.

iamaberean

'This' is the secret word. 'This generation'
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
One must ask 'Who was Jesus speaking to?' Since it was his disciples, then 'this generation' was their generation.

Luk 11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

Son of man was Jesus and he was walking around as a witness just as Jonas did.

SaulToPaul 2

'This' is the secret word. 'This generation'
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
One must ask 'Who was Jesus speaking to?' Since it was his disciples, then 'this generation' was their generation.

Luk 11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

Son of man was Jesus and he was walking around as a witness just as Jonas did.

john w

Hall of Fame

No one taught this rubbish before Darby in 1830.

As you've been asked, sweetie, over 100 times:

1. Explain the relevance of when you discover veracity, objective truth.

2. Name these "bunch of" infallible men, you claim taught you this AD 70-ism/Preterism

3. Name anyone who has "taught," what you "teach," on TOL, before you. Names.

Go ahead, flat earth advocate. Show some spine, and answer the question, instead of merely spamming "Darby..You are in denial," rejector of the title, "God the Father" boy.

This slick, little arms weasel, wimp, won't go against me on this one...Watch...
"No Mas..."......5 years of silencio...

john w

Hall of Fame
A few things.

First off, knowing our citizenship is in heaven, that we are ambassadors here on planet earth, and that when we physically die, we will instantly be in the kingdom with a glorified body.

While here on earth, we are instructed to be a light to the world, and to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Unlike you, who is always worried about some sort of Apocalyptic event, wars, and whether or not the right politician gets elected.

Show us anyone that taught, what Paul taught, re. "our citizenship is in heaven, that we are ambassadors here on planet earth," before Paul.

Names, flat earth proponent.

HisServant

So you let non-scriptural external events determine how you interpret scripture... interesting.

Scripture is either true or it isn't.... apparently you only believe what you want to believe.

HisServant

Either it matches or it doesn't.
If the events surrounding Christ's birth and life did not match prophecy, we could write him off as a fraud.

There is no physical evidence that Christ was born or that he died the way he did outside of scripture. It is a point of Faith that it happened the way scriptures said it did.

In much the same way.. it is point of Faith that Revelation already happened.

iamaberean

When one says "I must reject 70ad as the second coming" and yet they have no scripture to explain why they reject it does not compute. I know you don't have any scripture, but a person would be a fool to accept anything based on nothing. I am not a fool so I ask for your biblical reasoning with scripture.

musterion

There is no physical evidence that Christ was born or that he died the way he did outside of scripture. It is a point of Faith that it happened the way scriptures said it did.

In much the same way.. it is point of Faith that Revelation already happened.

Insipid reasoning.

Having faith in the DBR of Christ for our sin and justification is the will of God for all. Josh McDowell aside, what evidence is there for it happening that God expects us to accept? His Word that it happened, alone.

God does not ask anyone to put faith in that which is not verified by His Word, for His Word has He exalted above His very name.

Viewing AD 70 as the return of Christ is not only unverifiable as such (no inspired witnesses to speak to it by His Spirit), it contradicts what Christ DID say regarding not one stone in all of Jerusalem left upon another. IT DOESN'T FIT.

We're not the ones with a faith problem here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When one says "I must reject 70ad as the second coming" and yet they have no scripture to explain why they reject it does not compute. I know you don't have any scripture, but a person would be a fool to accept anything based on nothing. I am not a fool so I ask for your biblical reasoning with scripture.

Nobody needs to convince you of anything. If that's what you believe, then, so be it. Some people believe in UFOs, Bigfoot, Lock Ness monster, the Easter bunny, and all types of conspiracy theories. I say, they have the free will to believe in whatever non-sense they so desire. Good luck.

Wick Stick

Believe what about Him?
It's still not a 'what' question. The requirement is to hear Jesus and believe what He says, see Jesus and follow His example, walking out a life after the pattern He has left us.

Maybe if we leave out the preposition it will be clearer:

Believe the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.