ECT Christ's Righteousness - for what and whom?

Christ's Righteousness - for what and whom?

• Necessary for salvation for all - not applicable thereafter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Necessary for salvation (for all) and helps our growth, but requires something of us for full growth

• Partially necessary for salvation and life for all (our works partly necessary for both)

• Not necessary for some (OT saints?) necessary for others for at least salvation - maybe more.

• Total voters

Cross Reference

How dependent are we on Christ's righteousness for salvation and growth up into Him?

Man is dependent on the righteousness of the man Jesus Christ' righteousness for redemption. Salvation is another issue that redemption provides for.

Think it through most carefully to understand that; for getting it right.

nikolai_42

Man is dependent on the righteousness of the man Jesus Christ' righteousness for redemption. Salvation is another issue that redemption provides for.

Think it through most carefully to understand that; for getting it right.

So Christ's righteousness is partially necessary for salvation (redemption only but full salvation after being redeemed is contingent on something else)?

nikolai_42

Everyone HAS BEEN redeemed.

Unless you are a universalist (which I don't believe you are), that sounds like a yes.

So returning to your last reply :

Cross Reference said:
Yep. One's faith in the account out it all. Interesting enough is that only the righteous will be.

Does that mean only the righteous will be saved? Assuming so, what makes one righteous?

Cross Reference

Unless you are a universalist (which I don't believe you are), that sounds like a yes.

This is where we begin to have problems. You want me to be saying stuff I am saying by "playing stupid". Pay attention:

Neither you, me nor anyone else on this planet, irrespective of morality or wickedness, had anything to do with Jesus Christ redeeming all of mankind. It is a fact of a totally new creation being brought into existence; a whole new way of doing business with God. That is the short version of the truth of it all. That is the only part of a universalist idea that enters into this. All else is by faith in believing the account and asking for God's salvation provided for in the redemptive fact.

Does that mean only the righteous will be saved? Assuming so, what makes one righteous?

The righteous only need redeeming. That is why when Jesus said go into all the world and make disciples of them by preaching the kingdom of God has come unto you, the already righteous were those who He was referring to. They longed to hear such a message. Think not? Read Paul's account re Mars hill.

Last edited:

Truster

How dependent are we on Christ's righteousness for salvation and growth up into Him?

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom Elohim imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Romans 4:6,7 KJV

Interplanner

Imputed (credited) righteousness is for our debt of sin. 10 years from now we will find that that debt will be greater than it is now, and it will make the righteousness of Christ for us exceedingly enlarged.

This fact should compel us to work out our personal transformation with the Spirit's help.

Your poll does not have some of the language in it that would really deal with the questions at hand.

glorydaz

Totally dependent. For salvation and all through life. I have to admit this is not something I've given much consideration, but now that you bring it up, I can see where I'm very dependent on it every single day.

Interplanner

The sun provides both heat and light, but they have two different purposes. We cannot use the heat to keep us from falling off a 1000 foot cliff. We can not use the light to keep warm in the Arctic.

glorydaz

The sun provides both heat and light, but they have two different purposes. We cannot use the heat to keep us from falling off a 1000 foot cliff. We can not use the light to keep warm in the Arctic.

Silly analogy. We have salvation and sanctification (both positional and progressive---being conformed), and His righteousness is required for both.