ECT There is one Gospel/salvation, Heb 2:3

Interplanner

Heb 2:3:

The Lord announced this one salvation, and had the apostles carry it on. There is one gospel. There never was a monarchy offer, instead, there was flight from it, because it would have brought arrest by Roman administration. Go learn the history and stop trying to be a theologian.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is just one Gospel, announced by the Lord that saves men. It was first announced by him, then confirmed by those who had heard him. Heb 2:3.
The salvation of the Hebrews (to whom this letter is written) is "so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;..." (Hebrews 2:3 KJV) proving that it is not the same gospel that was received by Paul ( not of man, neither was he taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) which is Paul's gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,...(Romans 16:25-26 KJV).

beloved57

Were the Twelve preaching a gospel which declared that Christ was going to die for our sins at Luke 9:6?

If not, what were they preaching when they declared that gospel?

Yes, it had to be mentioned, that was the Hope of Israel, the Messiah was to come, the seed of the women, Shiloh. Ultimately the Gospel s One though it has many facets of it. Isa 53:1-6

[FONT=&quot]Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

This is the Gospel in the OT about Christ dying for the sins of The Elect ![/FONT]

dodge

Were the Twelve preaching a gospel which declared that Christ was going to die for our sins at Luke 9:6?

If not, what were they preaching when they declared that gospel?

The following verse is where Jesus explained it Jerry, and I believe I will stay with what Jesus taught as you are in conflict with what Jesus taught.

Luke 24:45-48King James Version (KJV)

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Jesus says you are wrong !

dodge

The irony...

The following verses PROVES MAD is wrong.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Another verse that proves MAD is wrong.

hn 2:22
When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

SaulToPaul 2

The following verses PROVES MAD is wrong.

No, dodge. They had already been preaching "the gospel" for 3 years before this took place.
How could that gospel include the dbr for sins if they did not know?

This is not difficult. You just need to humble yourself.

dodge

No, dodge. They had already been preaching "the gospel" for 3 years before this took place.
How could that gospel include the dbr for sins if they did not know?

This is not difficult. You just need to humble yourself.

Reread the verses I posted MAD is wrong.

I have humbled myself to God NOT to false teaching.

It appears that MAD is calling Jesus and Luke wrong.

SaulToPaul 2

Do you have a problem with sequencing events?
Your quote is 3 years after they were already preaching "the gospel".

Think...

Danoh

You are reading things into those passages that they are not saying.

Lol - just as STP does with Rom. 1:11's "established."

dodge

Do you have a problem with sequencing events?
Your quote is 3 years after they were already preaching "the gospel".

Think...

The point MAD makes is Paul was the "first" to what Jesus made known ( they understood before Paul ever got saved ) to know and Jesus said it aint so !

I have no problem with sequence and no matter how you twist it the other Apostles knew the "mystery" before Paul.

dodge

You are reading things into those passages that they are not saying.

Lol - just as STP does with Rom. 1:11's "established."

Danoh, what is to read into ? Scripture says that Jesus made known unto them the meaning of the scriptures concerning his D.B.R.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is just one Gospel, announced by the Lord that saves men. It was first announced by him, then confirmed by those who had heard him. Heb 2:3.

Everytime you give the Bible the chance not to be interpreted by RD, STP, Must, Tam and Jerry, it does NOT SAY WHAT THEY SAY.

=there is just one piece of good news in the bible

Satanic.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh yeah?

Why don't you list and reference all the other gospels you find in the bible, then?

If you are to be taken seriously, that is . . .

Tell us, then, that Judas did not preach the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, if there is just one piece of good news in the bible.

Go ahead.

john w

Hall of Fame
Heb 2:3:

The Lord announced this one salvation, and had the apostles carry it on. There is one gospel. There never was a monarchy offer, instead, there was flight from it, because it would have brought arrest by Roman administration. Go learn the history and stop trying to be a theologian.
Tell us, then, that Judas did not preach the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, if there is just one piece of good news in the bible.

Go ahead.

john w

Hall of Fame

It appears that MAD is calling Jesus and Luke wrong.

No, Lamont, the dbr, the foundation of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, was hid from the 12, during a time that they, including Judas, were preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom.

You lied-again.