Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Go for 6K, bro...!

We keep you around for educational purposes on your false teachings....and/or you burn-out on your own...

Well here's some of that teaching, again, the word of God in Genesis 32:12 " I will make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered!" That's what God promised for the human population; billions of humans, that's what John saw in the Kingdom in the book of Revelations; this incredible number of humans is being threatened by Christianity and its limited salvation message.

The real truth is that we all are in that incredible number of humans like the sand of the sea; the false message is eternal hell and now we can number the humans who qualify for Christianity. You know, the righteous ones. The ones who you do not " Dare" to tell them they are wrong. They just know that only a few will make it, they burn the sands of the sea and make the Kingdom of God like sand in a fish bowl. Oh but they do it in such a " Spiritual" way.

You know, their " Spirtualllll!" Hello! Your light is blinding you to the truth.

Aimiel

The foundation of Christianity's interpretation of the life of Jesus is that he came to die as a sacrifice for your sins.
Jesus is The One Who said that, we just happen to believe Him.

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Well here's some of that teaching, again, the word of God in Genesis 32:12 " I will make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered!" That's what God promised for the human population; billions of humans, that's what John saw in the Kingdom in the book of Revelations; this incredible number of humans is being threatened by Christianity and its limited salvation message.

The real truth is that we all are in that incredible number of humans like the sand of the sea; the false message is eternal hell and now we can number the humans who qualify for Christianity. You know, the righteous ones. The ones who you do not " Dare" to tell them they are wrong. They just know that only a few will make it, they burn the sands of the sea and make the Kingdom of God like sand in a fish bowl. Oh but they do it in such a " Spiritual" way.

You know, their " Spirtualllll!" Hello! Your light is blinding you to the truth.

There is a clue to the human origin of the ideal of eternal torment. Proponents of this sadistic concept think of their foes as going there. :rotfl:

Mickiel

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Matt. 4:11, " Then the devil left him, and the angels came and ministered unto him." Jesus had his time to be ministered unto, and unbelievers need their time; and you and your precious Christianity cannot referee that time they need.

Mickiel

There is a clue to the human origin of the ideal of eternal torment. Proponents of this sadistic concept think of their foes as going there. :rotfl:

Yes, Christians will protect their doctrine of hell, because they love it. They are in a relationship with the eternal thought of hurting humans forever. That is why they are immune to the scriptures that prove them wrong. In Gen. 32:12, God promises a human population that are like the sands of the sea, nobody can number it. Then John sees that population IN the Kingdom of God in Rev.7:9, BUT, Christianity cannot see these scriptures, there is a spirit of stupor there in their consciousness, preventing them from viewing this great salvation.

I know, I have seen that spirit before.

Zeke

Lon;4609882]What test? Whose test? What made it the 'new standard?' Who is passing it off as valid? What verification? It is always about 'authority' at that point, isn't it? How can you or I escape it?

The test concerning facts that would back up the historic assertions grand claims in this observable kingdom, need more than just hype if the exclusive christian assertions being implanted in the minds of people (without full disclosure) passes the honesty test, and that the claims are religiously emoted instead of factually accountable.
Or Zeke's 'smarter than God' world? What have I got left when I see gross over-spiritualizing? I 'think' it better to stick to what is there than to try and 'follow my heart.' I wouldn't have been a good guy or I'd be dead today without the gospel, 'paper plastic' gospel, as you call it, of Jesus Christ. It/He does save.

I might be when it comes to some issues if we are raising God from the dead letters that have allowed you to bypassed you're rational thought process on justice and punishment.
God is Spirit by the way so I don't see the need to be all concerned about people getting spiritual, unless one has some religious agenda that needs their converts to stay under the yoke of the flesh to keep them coming back for treatment instead of a cure.

Plenty of people who have never seen a Bible in the past or present that haven't become bad people like the sin dogma wants to yoke man with, which is part of the agenda to keep people mentally weak spiritually and except the debt scheme of transference to the unborn.

You are reliant on a paper and plastic reality that binds you're soul in a artificial existence, you may not honestly grasp that fact but it's easy to test to see if you are actually institutionalized to this worlds pyramid scheme/matrix that you are a citizen of.

The wise man built his house upon the rock, not the sky, not the sinful man within, not the sand. Paul said that the sinful man was at enmity with the Spirit of God. Frankly, you've spent too much time on TOL and think your angst justified instead of misplaced. It is misplaced and you are being a fool as far as I can tell and discern. "If Christ sets you free, you are free indeed" and that freedom from sin and death.

Wisdom isn't a man, its something that man can receive spiritually without help from religious education, the boast factor that has infected you're white washed house to the point of being putrid. It's that artificial man of temporal existence that is the enmity with the Spirit because its phony Lon, And I beginning to have my doubts that you have ever even had an in-counter with the God in the living, either that or its been awhile..

Jesus Christ is still the chief cornerstone accepted, or the stone of stumbling for all men, Zeke. I yet hold out hope you will build on the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2 Urantia crud ain't it.

Don't read it, The stone (Christ) is a cap stone not a corner stone.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
Psa 19:8 the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;
Psa 19:9 the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
Psa 19:12 Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults.
Psa 19:13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

2 Corinthians 3:6 isn't about abolishing the law, both Jesus and Paul said it was good. You are making it a bad thing. Paul said it wasn't both in this chapter (did you read it or just quote mine it? I make a habit of reading the context of verses every time I use them or read another's I'd suggest the same to you), and in Romans. The standards are good. It is no bad thing to tell you to 'love your enemy and do good to them.' Rather, being told this reminds us of all the times we've failed. That only means I, you, need a Savior, and forgiveness for falling short. It is in Christ, that liberty is found. Someone forgiven 1) is loved and truly know it 2) is freed from the consequences he/she has perpetrated 3) is able to be indwelled by the living God as a new and cleaned vessel 4) Able to do it right the next time. You take umbrage with me probably being harsh with heresy, but I have not yet turned a harsh word your way. I am, however, convinced, that one who truly has found the way, will not be expressing ill and angst as you've done since your departures. You started, that year and near two now ago, being harsh. It can't be over threads like this, because I mostly avoid them and have most cultists on ignore. It is, for me, a dust shaking. I will use opportunities to share Christ and then move on, as I'm going to do here. I would that you'd take a harder look inside as well as re-evaluate the scriptures that give life.

2Ti 3:14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it
2Ti 3:15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
2Ti 4:4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Do you disagree with any of these scriptures? Embrace them?

[/QUOTE]

But the goal is to get past letters in books, we should have them on our heart the seat of emoting grace and justice for all regardless of religious creeds or nationality that are temporal states.

Mickiel

Again the word of God in Exodus 32:13 God promises that he will produce more and more humans, like the number of the stars in heaven, and then promises that they, and the earth they lived on, that all of them will inherit it FOREVER! This is the incredible number of humans John saw in the Kingdom of God in his visions in Revelations. And those among them who are Christians shall be ashamed that they taught not all of these people would make it, Isaiah 45:24.

Prizebeatz1

We need to question why this part of Jesus' message has been so magnified. If we read the 4 Gospels we will see that this is not a main point of Jesus' message. In fact we probably would not even remember it if we read just the 4 gospels by themselves. The inclusion of Paul's letters afterwards is a strategy for getting us to pay attention to what someone else thinks is important about Jesus. Not that any of this is bad, it's just something we need to consider.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
We need to question why this part of Jesus' message has been so magnified. If we read the 4 Gospels we will see that this is not a main point of Jesus' message. In fact we probably would not even remember it if we read just the 4 gospels by themselves. The inclusion of Paul's letters afterwards is a strategy for getting us to pay attention to what someone else thinks is important about Jesus. Not that any of this is bad, it's just something we need to consider.

Paul just happened to be the first great evangelist with his own opinions about a Jesus he never met. Since the Roman and Greek world learned of Jesus through Paul they adopted his remixed gospel.

Paul never dreamed his words would be made equal to Jesus' words.

Last edited:

Aimiel

Paul just happened to be the first great evangelist with his own opinions about a Jesus he never met. Since the Roman and Greek world learned of Jesus through Paul they adopted his remixed gospel.

Paul never dreamed his words would be man equal to Jesus words.

Lies. Jesus identified Himself on the road to Damascus. He is The Holy Spirit. Paul walked closer with Him than anyone, even until today. The time is here when many will walk even closer.

Paul said that believers are living epistles and wrote several times that his own words were Scriptures.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Phil. 2:10...[O]bviously religion wants it another limited way..."

:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

Eze 18:4 :burnlib:

"Phil 2:10, 11 bow … confess. The entire intelligent universe is called to worship Jesus Christ as Lord (cf. Ps. 2). This mandate includes the angels in heaven (Rev. 4:2–9), the spirits of the redeemed (Rev. 4:10, 11), obedient believers on earth (Rom. 10:9), the disobedient rebels on earth (2 Thess. 1:7–9), demons and lost humanity in hell (1 Pet. 3:18–22). The Gr. word for “confess” means “to acknowledge,” “affirm,” or “agree” which is what everyone will eventually do in response to Christ’s lordship, willingly and blessedly or unwillingly and painfully." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1823). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Last edited:

Lon

The test concerning facts that would back up the historic assertions grand claims in this observable kingdom, need more than just hype if the exclusive christian assertions being implanted in the minds of people (without full disclosure) passes the honesty test, and that the claims are religiously emoted instead of factually accountable.
Meh, nobody is 'making' you do anything. I'd simply tell you to read the Bible. God said you'd find Him, if you sought Him. He is found in the scriptures. He is not found 'within.' Paul, Peter, John, Jesus, tell us the man without the Spirit is carnal. Jesus told Nicodumus we must be born again. It is extrinsic and happens to us. It is not intrinsic happening in us. That is the part the 'works' crowd get's wrong. I cannot be a new creation on my own. It is not 'in' me. Jesus said He'd come into us. Hebrews says He will be with us and in us who believe. So, before Jesus, "NO-life." Read your bible, I'm not your guru. This stuff is all in that book - the paper plastic one :rolleyes:

I might be when it comes to some issues if we are raising God from the dead letters that have allowed you to bypassed you're rational thought process on justice and punishment.
As with above, the carnal man (man who is not born-again, not filled with Christ) cannot be rational or moral. We have a broken semblance but these Eastern spiritualists are embracing the 'broken' part of themselves and calling it 'god.' :nono:

God is Spirit by the way so I don't see the need to be all concerned about people getting spiritual, unless one has some religious agenda that needs their converts to stay under the yoke of the flesh to keep them coming back for treatment instead of a cure.
Doesn't really happen. It might have, long ago. Remnants of it are not fact today. When the answer is "stop attending there" I don't think you or I can blame anybody or be victims anymore. Just my opinion and 2 cents. You have a right to object. I have a right to object right back. In the end, however, only what is true, matters, between the both of us, all of us. The rest is cognizant dissonance and emotional fluff packaging material to be thrown away and burned.

Plenty of people who have never seen a Bible in the past or present that haven't become bad people like the sin dogma wants to yoke man with, which is part of the agenda to keep people mentally weak spiritually and except the debt scheme of transference to the unborn.
I believe you misunderstand. It is a 'condition.' We are born this way. Romans 1, I think, both explains how the one without Christ 'can' understand God, as well as gives hope that God can reach him/her. We are both concerned about the same thing, but with different conclusions and answers to those concerns. I give money to third world countries. That's how I deal with the need. Anymore, there aren't that many who have never heard the gospel or have no access to the bible. It is available even to those who just have computers, wherever they live.

You are reliant on a paper and plastic reality that binds you're soul in a artificial existence, you may not honestly grasp that fact but it's easy to test to see if you are actually institutionalized to this worlds pyramid scheme/matrix that you are a citizen of.
A 'narrow' gate ensures that we conform, not to the image of this world, as necessity. Romans 8:29 We are to be transformed/conformed.

Wisdom isn't a man, its something that man can receive spiritually without help from religious education, the boast factor that has infected you're white washed house to the point of being putrid. It's that artificial man of temporal existence that is the enmity with the Spirit because its phony Lon, And I beginning to have my doubts that you have ever even had an in-counter with the God in the living, either that or its been awhile..
Again, you've been on TOL too long and think this is Christianity across board. We simply say "love you" to one another at church and encourage one another in Sunday School. Whitewashed tombs are whitewashed tombs. I agree with you on that. I don't 'think' that's what is going on at TOL though. It is a debate website. We may fellowship a bit, but the main goal is debate, as iron sharpens iron. This is the sparring yard. It is not the whole church. Know where you are? :think:

Don't read it, The stone (Christ) is a cap stone not a corner stone.
You have way too many objections to keep track of. Is this one important? You need to be clear and not have so many gloss-overs. Pick and choose your battles. I realize you are full of angst and often emote, but it doesn't help to have so much, so many and only in snippets. Pick a few and flesh them out a bit further, try to ignore a few. You can skip anything of mine you like. You don't have to try to hit everything. On this one, I've no idea if it is important to you or not, or what you are trying to say.

But the goal is to get past letters in books, we should have them on our heart the seat of emoting grace and justice for all regardless of religious creeds or nationality that are temporal states.
Other than hanging around 'spirit within' Eastern Spiritualists, we might agree on some of this, but I have to be reserved because Spiritualists will use the same language, but mean something entirely different than Biblical Christianity. If you are not preaching that the carnal man, in his/her broken state, can be spiritual with 'god within' pantheism, that'd help get us past a hurdle. Pantheism is not Christianity and incompatible with it. I know that's yet another narrow door, but I believe it 'has' to be gone through. This thread is about Pantheists vs Christianity. If you are debating me, make sure this is the topic you intended. I'm also trying to make sure you know what is at stake for me. Pantheism cannot be a part of Christianity as far as my understanding of scripture and the result of being a new Creation in Christ. Christ extrinsically came to me. He is a separate being than me. In sin, I was out of fellowship with Him. Again, there are doors that must be traversed.

Prizebeatz1

Lies. Jesus identified Himself on the road to Damascus. He is The Holy Spirit. Paul walked closer with Him than anyone, even until today. The time is here when many will walk even closer.

Paul said that believers are living epistles and wrote several times that his own words were Scriptures.

Should we be more dependent on someone else's personal experience more than our own? It's okay to let other people's insights assist with our own quest for truth but to depend on them entirely is a whole other ballgame.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"John saw in the Kingdom of God in his visions in Revelations. And those among them who are Christians shall be ashamed that they taught not all of these people would make it..."
"Re:7:9 a great multitude. While the tribulation period will be a time of judgment, it will also be a time of unprecedented redemption (cf. v. 14; 6:9–11; 20:4; Is. 11:10; Matt. 24:14). all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues. All the earth’s people groups. white robes. See note on 3:4. palm branches. In ancient times, they were associated with celebrations, including the Feast of Tabernacles (Lev. 23:40; Neh. 8:17; John 12:13).

7:10 Salvation belongs to our God. Salvation is the theme of their worship, and they recognize that it comes solely from Him." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 2002). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

"...Isaiah 45:24."
"Is 45:24. Rather, “Only in Jehovah shall men say of me (this clause is parenthetical), is there righteousness” (which includes salvation, Is 45:21,“a just God and a Saviour,” Is 46:13), &c. [MAURER].

strength—namely, to save.

shall men come—Those who have set themselves up against God shall come to Him in penitence for the past (Is 19:22).

ashamed—(Is 45:16; Is 54:17; 41:11).

25. all … Israel—the spiritual Israel (Ro 2:29) and the literal Israel, that is, the final remnant which shall all be saved (Is 45:17; Ro 11:26).

justified—treated as if they were just, through Christ’s righteousness and death (Je 23:5)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 483). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

I disagree that Jesus is the Holy Spirit, but I agree that Paul walked " In Christ" and was close to the Holy Spirit, and that his words were living epistles; I would caution the belief that followers of God are living epistles, because then we would have to know who really are considered " True believers" by God himself, because Jesus is on record as telling some believers that " He did not know them", because their traditions were vain.

Mickiel

If I were God I would save all of humanity, but I am just a man. Even I see the sense in total salvation for everyone. In Job 4:17, " Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?" Vs. 16, " He puts no trust in his servants!" I keep saying that the servants of God are more short sighted with human salvation than God is. They are the ones who are really spreading this tone of limited salvation, and its a shame.

Its an out right shame that believers think God can't save us all. They are unwittingly shrinking his reputation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paul's gospel..........

Paul's gospel..........

Can you share where Paul said his letters were 'scripture'? Good luck.

And using 2 Peter doesn't cut it either since its pseudographical and represents the opinion of the writer. I don't see any reason to accept his writings over any other in the Bible and hold letters ascribed to him with just as much scrutiny as any other religious witing. His gospel is his own personal revelations, observations and opinions.

As far as teaching on 'hell' Paul seems to write very little, let alone ECT.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"If I were God..."
You're not (Luke 18:11, 12). :rolleyes:

See:

Hell

"Job 4:17...I keep saying that the servants of God are more short sighted with human salvation than God is."
:yawn:

"Jb 4:17. mortal man … a man—Two Hebrew words for “man” are used; the first implying his feebleness; the second his strength. Whether feeble or strong, man is not righteous before God.

more just than God … more pure than his maker—But this would be self-evident without an oracle." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 313). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

"They are unwittingly shrinking his reputation."
To your mind not ours (Deut 32:4).

Mickiel

If your one who looks into the bible and believe it really is the word of God, why would the bible ask that we pray for " All men", if salvation for all was not its focus? 1 Tim. 2:1. It even says to make " Intercessions" for ALL men!

What's wrong with us when we get so off track on this word?

Prizebeatz1

How can we know that Paul was a true believer who walked In Christ and was close to the Holy Spirit? I'm not saying he wasn't but I want to see how we can discern this. Do we simply trust or take someone's word for it? What if the answer we come up with goes against our instincts or doesn't seem like a good explanation? Can we fool God and just play along because we need approval from our peers or because we don't feel good enough and are in desperate need of something to save us from this belief in sin? Maybe this belief in separation from God is what we need to be questioning. Also, if Paul did walk with Jesus it would have been the resurrected version of Christ. Could that possibly differ from the real physical historical Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.