ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No Christian talks like John W.

and any board which allows him to do so without banning him for it, is not a Christian board.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

LA

The Duke would tell ya: "If ya can't take the heat, get outta Dodge."
Do us all a favor and do just that.

john w

Hall of Fame
john wrote

Where does scripture say this ?

Translation-

Bedeviled's father, the devil, to Bedeviled: "Just keep denying that the verses are there, and that any of your enemies in the body of Christ, who we hate, provided them, my son, like I taught in way back in Genesis 3, 'Yea, hath God said.....?',.....It worked for me....Sssssssssssssssssssssss"

You vile child of the devil.

beloved57

Translation-

Bedeviled's father, the devil, to Bedeviled: "Just keep denying that the verses are there, and that any of your enemies in the body of Christ, who we hate, provided them, my son, like I taught in way back in Genesis 3, 'Yea, hath God said.....?',.....It worked for me....Sssssssssssssssssssssss"

You vile child of the devil.
I'm waiting on the scripture!

musterion

Human priests were necessary intercessors...go-betweens...without whom contact and relationship between two parties (God and everyone else) was impossible. We all know that God established Israel's priesthood for just that purpose.

Question: since Paul says that anyone who hears the Gospel of God's grace can now come to Him simply on the ground of faith without works, on the basis of Christ's finished work..........exactly why would anyone need a human priest today? What can a human priest do today for someone seeking God that Christ did not already accomplish and provide through the Gospel, "the power of God unto salvation"?

Further...how does it not diminish Christ to say human priests are needed today, given the terms of the Gospel of grace?

Interplanner

You have a BIG problem though. Peter was writing to the House of
Israel, not the gentiles/Body of Christ. JW is correct. He wins a cigar
of his choice. The Calvinists won't like the bolded word.

Not true about writing to the house of Israel, because the Christian community inherits all the collective pictures that Israel once had. But for the sake of argument, let's say you are correct. So then when we get to 2 Pet 3, and there is a complete, ordinary-language statement about the 2nd coming, and there is nothing in it about a future theocracy on earth for Israel, in a letter TO ISRAEL, what does that tell you?

While you are looking for material directed to Israel, do you ever visit the letter to HEBREWS?

Danoh

1 Peter 2 KJV

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19:6 KJV

" But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves" Is. 61:6 KJV

"And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Is. 66:21 KJV

" Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS(emphasis mine) scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,..." 1 Peter 1:1 KJV
(Strangers are Jews- Genesis 23:4 KJV, Lev. 25:23 KJV,Psalms 39:12 KJV, Hebrews 11:13 KJV, 1 Peter 2:11 KJV)
________________________________________________________________________________

"YE(emphasis mine, referring to " to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia" of 1:1) also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5 KJV

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.......(see Deut. 7:6 KJV"holy people", Deut. 14:2 KJV"holy people...peculiar people...above all the nations that are upon the earth", Deut. 26:18-19 KJV"peculiar people...above all nations...holy people") 1 Peter 2:9 KJV

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father..." Rev. 1:6 KJV

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON EARTH(emphasis mine-Revelation 1:1 KJV addressed to "his servants", a clear reference to Jews, the "children of Israel are servants" per Lev. 25:55 KJV, Hebrews 3:5 KJV-the body of Christ is never said to "reign on earth"-we are to reign in the heavenly places)

"... but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev. 20:6 KJV

Nowhere in Paul's epistles are members of the body of Christ referred to as "priests", "kings", or "a holy nation". The body of Christ is not a mediatorial body. In this "dispensation of the grace of God"(Eph. 3:2 KJV), there is "...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...."(1 Tim. 2:5 KJV), and his priesthood is in heaven, not on earth(Hebrews 8:4-5 KJV), and not after the law(Hebrews 7:14-28 KJV), but of the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 5-7 KJV), not Levi. There WAS(past tense-in the future, the priesthood of Ex. 19:5-6 KJV will be fulfilled ) only one earthly priesthood divinely appointed-the priesthood after the order of Levi "according to the law"(Hebrews 7:5 KJV, Hebrews 8:4 KJV) in "time past"(Gal. 1:13 KJV, Heb. 1:1 KJV).

One of the functions of the priesthood was access to God the Father. We now have access through the Lord Jesus Christ(Romans 5:1-2 KJV; Eph. 2:13-18 KJV; Ephesians 3:10-12 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are "ambassadors"(2 Cor. 5:20 KJV),"ministers"(1 Cor. 3:5 KJV, 1 Cor. 4:1 KJV; 2 Cor. 6:4 KJV, 2 Cor. 11:23 KJV; 1 Tim. 4:6 KJV), "stewards of the mysteries of God"(1 Cor. 4:1 KJV), "soldiers"(Philippians 2:25 KJV, 2 Tim. 2:3-4 KJV), but are never identified as "priests", "kings", nor will we "reign on earth"(Eph. 1:3 KJV, Eph. 1:20 KJV; Eph. 2:6 KJV; Philippians 3:20 KJV; Col. 1:12-13 KJV; 1 Thes. 2:12 KJV; 2 Cor. 5:20 KJV).

And nowhere is the Body of Christ referred to as a "holy nation", or "a chosen generation". The term "holy nation" in scripture is reserved for Israel alone-she alone was chosen and "set apart"(the meaning of "holy") by the LORD God for His use from other nations:Ex. 11:7 KJV, Ex. 19:5-6 KJV; Ex. 33:16 KJV; Lev. 20:24 KJV; Numbers 23:9 KJV;Deut. 7:6 KJV, Deut. 14:32 KJV, Deut. 26:19 KJV;2 Sam. 7:23 KJV;1 Kings 8:53 KJV;Psalms 106:4-5 KJV, Psalms 135:4 KJV. And there is only one "chosen generation"('race' in context)-Israel: Is. 43:20-21 KJV, Is. 44:1-2 KJV;Psalms 106:5 KJV.

I know, I know.....You misguided "Bible chopper...cherry picker," MAD wacko John W, as all of the bible is specifically about you, and is directed towards you, and is for your obedience.....We will pray for you........

Cricket...cricket...cricket....

Great, great post, brother!

Ah, the "Things That Differ..."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Human priests were necessary intercessors...go-betweens...without whom contact and relationship between two parties (God and everyone else) was impossible. We all know that God established Israel's priesthood for just that purpose.

Question: since Paul says that anyone who hears the Gospel of God's grace can now come to Him simply on the ground of faith without works, on the basis of Christ's finished work..........exactly why would anyone need a human priest today? What can a human priest do today for someone seeking God that Christ did not already accomplish and provide through the Gospel, "the power of God unto salvation"?

Further...how does it not diminish Christ to say human priests are needed today, given the terms of the Gospel of grace?

You're begging the question.

Human priests aren't needed today.

Believers in Christ have access directly to God the Father because they themselves are part of the Royal Priesthood, where Christ Jesus is the High Priest.

No one "needs" a priest because we are all priests (those who have faith in Christ)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great, great post, brother!

Ah, the "Things That Differ..."

From Little Johnny W the Dance Director's OP:
"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father..." Rev. 1:6 KJV

The phrase "hath made" is past tense, meaning it has already taken place.

Yet, you Darby Followers are claiming this is a future event.

How is "hath made" a future event?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have a BIG problem though. Peter was writing to the House of
Israel, not the gentiles/Body of Christ.

Only followers of John Nelson Darby would make such a ridiculous claim.

Notice what Peter says:

(1 Peter 2:24) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

How is the above any different than what Paul preached?

JW is correct.

Little Johnny W The Dance Director's OP is nothing but Dispensational rubbish.

musterion

Believers in Christ have access directly to God the Father because they themselves are part of the Royal Priesthood, where Christ Jesus is the High Priest.

Paul doesn't say that about the Body of Christ.

No one "needs" a priest because we are all priests (those who have faith in Christ)
Nonsense. A priest is a priest is a priest. Priesthood assumes separation and a need for ministering unto reconciliation. God has already reconciled the world to Himself.

Still waiting for those priestly instructions you all carry out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul doesn't say that about the Body of Christ.

Paul mostly preached to Gentiles who had no idea what the Levitical Priesthood was.

For some reason, you Darby Followers can't understand that the same thing wasn't preached to Jews who grew up under the law, and Gentiles who had no idea what the law was.

Nonsense.

(Rom 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

The above is written to the Body of Christ.

It sure sounds a lot what a priest would do to me.

Please give us an example of how you present your body as a living sacrifice unto God?

musterion

Paul mostly preached to Gentiles who had no idea what the Levitical Priesthood was.

For some reason, you Darby Followers can't understand that the same thing wasn't preached to Jews who grew up under the law, and Gentiles who had no idea what the law was.

(Rom 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

The above is written to the Body of Christ.

It sure sounds a lot what a priest would do to me.

Paul never says the BoC is made up of priests nor has any priestly function.

musterion

A priest intercedes on behalf of those who cannot approach God on their own. Do you claim that function for yourself?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say. Paul never once called members of the BoC priests or said they have any priestly function.

Paul said the bodies of those in Christ are temples for the Holy Spirit.

Paul also said the following:

Please explain Rom 12:1?

They weren't talking to or about you.

They were speaking to believers in Christ.

I'm a believer in Christ.

Peter said the following:

(1 Peter 2:24) “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

I'm part of the "we" Peter is talking to.

You don't have to be if you don't want to be, we understand you have to defend Darby's teachings.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul never says the BoC is made up of priests nor has any priestly function.

You just know nothing about it, and it is not up to us to teach you anything about it, except that you should seek Christ that you may enter into it.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A priest intercedes on behalf of those who cannot approach God on their own. Do you claim that function for yourself?

Since all believers in Christ are priests, there is no need to approach God for another believer. The other believer also has direct access to God the Father.

The Royal Priesthood of the new covenant is much superior to the previous Levitical Priesthood of the old covenant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Still waiting.

I keep giving it to you, but you keep ignoring it.

Please explain what your "reasonable service" is?

Also, tell us how you present your body as a living sacrifice?