ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

God's Truth

Loony tunes. :doh: "Gave the guidelines".

Pray tell how you think Paul "enforced it". :popcorn:

Jesus taught the new covenant/testament, and then died...Paul is the minister of that new covenant.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

God's Truth

Do you seriously think we can't find hundreds of quotes where you claimed to "repent" means to "stop sinning"?

AND.....you NEVER get it "straight" when you talk about others, so double zip it.

I have said all along that humans are to repent of our sins.

Repent of our sins.

That is what we have to do.

glorydaz

I have said all along that humans are to repent of our sins.

Repent of our sins.

That is what we have to do.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Never mind that all the dictionaries of the world in every language known says repent means to stop sinning.

So, both those verses use the Greek word metanoia, with is a "change of mind". I have no doubt that God's UNtruth will NOT have a change of mind , but I thought this was worth reading for those with understanding.

Metanoia: turn toward the light

Many people ask us about our name: Metanoia. Literally, it is a Greek word meaning “change of mind”. Yet the full meaning is somewhat more. In the New Testament, the word metanoia is often translated as “repentance”. But this kind of repentance is not about regret or guilt or shame; it implies making a decision to turn around, to face a new direction.

To turn toward the light.

This wonderful explanation was given to us by a friend:

Imagine you are standing in a circle of people.

In the center of the circle, there is a source of light.

But rather than facing the center and the light, you are standing with your back to the light, facing outward.

When you stand this way, facing away from the light, all you can see is your own shadow.

You cannot see the light.

You can only look into your shadow.

You cannot see the others in the circle with you.

From what you can see, you are disconnected and alone in the dark.

Now imagine that you turn around to face the light that is in the center of the circle.

When you turn toward the light, you no longer see only darkness.

When you turn toward the light, your shadow is behind you.

When you turn toward the light, you can now see the other people who are standing with you.

You can see that the light is shining on everyone and that you are all connected in its radiance.

Making the decision to turn around, to turn away from shadow, to face the light: this is metanoia.

https://www.metanoia.org/light.htm

God's Truth

So, both those verses use the Greek word metanoia, with is a "change of mind". I have no doubt that God's UNtruth will NOT have a change of mind , but I thought this was worth reading for those with understanding.

You preach that repent means to change our mind about God. LOL You are faced with the silliness of saying that.

glorydaz

You preach that repent means to change our mind about God. LOL You are faced with the silliness of saying that.

I am not preaching anything. I'm giving you the Greek word and it's meaning.

You just reject what is clearly written...just as you always do. In fact, you're afraid to even read it with the very verses you quoted. Clearly, these verses speak of a change of mind....from unbelief to belief. You're too full of pride to ever admit it, but the readers can see you doubling down on ignorant once again.

Turn to the LIGHT, God's UNtruth.

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.​

popsthebuilder

I am not preaching anything. I'm giving you the Greek word and it's meaning.

You just reject what is clearly written...just as you always do. In fact, you're afraid to even read it with the very verses you quoted. Clearly, these verses speak of a change of mind....from unbelief to belief. You're too full of pride to ever admit it, but the readers can see you doubling down on ignorant once again.

Turn to the LIGHT, God's UNtruth.

Acts 20:21
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.​
Showing that true believe and repentance or change go together.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

You have a poor memory.
You have said several times that 'repented' means 'stopped sinning'.
Even when you were shown that it could not possibly mean that since GOD repented, you still continued to say it.
they just said it meaned stop and not specifically sinning unless in regard to the believer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk