God is Male and Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
The Father is a Spirit person, he wasn't born and there is no scriptural basis for assuming he has DNA.

If he wasn't born there is no scriptural basis for believing he has parents.

Claiming the Father is intersexed is just wrong and disrespectful.

Masculinity and femininity goes deeper than the physical realm. We are chalk and cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
:nono: Lest you feminize, I subjugate the whole human race. The biblical directives are there for a reason. I won't be correcting God today. I will be learning from God today. I will follow wherever He leads, not according to my objections or feelings. -Lon

But you'll ignore what he said on page 1 today...?

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Through my feelings,without words, through my logic, through my connscience, through my life, through the results of decisions, through having faith in God, who tapped me on the shoulder, and told me He is a male.... I have thus proven that God is a male.

QED.

EOT. RIP. CLOSED. DOA.

If that works for you and you sleep well then fine.

Your Soul though will never stop crying out for the cradle that Mummy is.

john w

Hall of Fame

No, it works for everyone!!!! I proved that God is a male, not female, as you assert, based upon your own, on record, "argument."

Need a shovel, for that ditch you are in, Hop Sing?

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Why don’t you just go for broke and claim God is transgender? Between the Sabbath cults, Hebrew roots and what now seems to be like PBS show threads that try to philosophize faith and God into an encyclopedia entry by some politically correct, Harvard anthropology professor, that specializes in denying gender identity and other things liberal hip, TOL is becoming Trash On Line. Threads involving true theology, or even of any nexus with known reality, in the universe or DC Comics, for that matter, are becoming hard to find.

Theology - Study of God
God - the Creator of the world we inhabit and everything in it.

But let's ignore all that and just look at the book.

john w

Hall of Fame
Genesis 1:27New International Version (NIV)

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

There it is, page 1 of the bible. How then can it be considered blaspheme by TOL to say God is female too?

So, all females are male, by your argument, as females/males, "post fall," were begat in Adam's likeness, who was a male?

Genesis 5:3 KJV And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Only Adam/Eve was created in God's image.

Lon

But you'll ignore what he said on page 1 today...?

I 'explained' what He said and you are being flippant with such a wild and baseless accusation. Hope that works for you. For me? :nono:

I'm studied. Here's a thought: You can be too, I'm not the only one that thinks this.

If you just want a street corner to preach and hold up a sign, go for it. I'm not interested in baseless prognostication. Me? I've done some scripture lifting. You? :nono: You came up with one verse and seem to be ignorant of all other male/female scripture and teaching. Imho? Not a great place to be. Why even open a thread to show ignorance? You probably should have placed this thread in Politics. You don't seem interested in scripture.

-Lon

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
No, it works for everyone!!!! I proved that God is a male, not female, as you assert, based upon your own, on record, "argument."

Need a shovel, for that ditch you are in, Hop Sing?

You proved it for yourself, which is what matters. Of course providing you were being sincere.

john w

Hall of Fame
I believe we're all coming to the same Truth from a variety of directions.

My feelings tell me the truth, and it disagrees with your assertion of the truth. So, you are wrong, when you assert that "we're all coming to the same Truth."

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
So, all females are male, by your argument, as females/males, "post fall," were begat in Adam's likeness, who was a male?

Genesis 5:3 KJV And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Only Adam/Eve was created in God's image.

By Genesis 2 the bible is already corrupt. It doesn't mention any female children yet logic tells us there must have been some.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I 'explained' what He said and you are being flippant with such a wild and baseless accusation. Hope that works for you. For me? :nono:

I'm studied. Here's a thought: You can be too, I'm not the only one that thinks this.

If you just want a street corner to preach and hold up a sign, go for it. I'm not interested in baseless prognostication. Me? I've done some scripture lifting. You? :nono: You came up with one verse and seem to be ignorant of all other male/female scripture and teaching. Imho? Not a great place to be. Why even open a thread to show ignorance? You probably should have placed this thread in Politics. You don't seem interested in scripture.

-Lon

I'm interested in Theology, striving for truth.

I put more weight in something that fills me with delight and spurs me on than something that doesn't make sense and smells fishy.

Compare Gen1 with Gen2,3. They have a totally different feel. I think Gen1 gets overlooked, we think yeah know all that and we want to get stuck in to try and unravel Gen2,3.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
My feelings tell me the truth, and it disagrees with your assertion of the truth. So, you are wrong, when you assert that "we're all coming to the same Truth."

No because we are not there yet, both of us will change. Since being here I have changed my mind about Paul. I like him now.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
No.I proved that God is a male, not female, as you assert, based upon your own, on record, "argument."

I know God is M and F, I look at you when you say God is M only, I think poor you unenlightened one.

From your point of view it's the other way round.

Only one of us can be in the Truth, the other will eventually change their mind.

Lon

I'm interested in Theology, striving for truth.
Good on this. Start with this: "I will be a Male Chauvinist Pig if that is what the Lord Jesus Christ demands." I don't think it does, not at all, but I do think we need to go against our politics and preconceived notions. I have a hard time yet, with some chauvinism. We are in an age, I think, where we are out of balance.

Galatians 3:23 is on your side. Ephesians 5:21 is on your side, but not to the 'out of' God extent. He isn't male OR female in the sense you are thinking. He does hide us in the shadow of His wings, which is a motherly sort of metaphor as mother birds do this with their young chicks, but we have to be careful with our expressions. Lately, there is a bible movement that changes about half of 'he' to 'her.' That's problematic because it is trying to associate gender with God. Women is not only out of God, but out of man as well. I wish we had a word besides 'him' and 'her' for God alone. Anything we might come up with would seem equally sacrilegious though. Simply saying "The Lord Jesus Christ" or "Our Lord God and Father" would alleviate it. Perhaps too, some of this relates to how we related to our parents. My father wasn't loving. My first stepfather neither. I had a hard time relating to God as a Father BUT it had nothing to do with Fatherhood, but rather my lack of seeing Biblical fatherhood growing up. When I figured that out, I was fine. Not sure if such meets any of your concerns.

I put more weight in something that fills me with delight and spurs me on than something that doesn't make sense and smells fishy.

Compare Gen1 with Gen2,3. They have a totally different feel. I think Gen1 gets overlooked, we think yeah know all that and we want to get stuck in to try and unravel Gen2,3.
Not sure what you mean. The Lord meets us where we are at and brings us from there. We are all in the middle of our journeys and see through a glass darkly. He will bring us where we need to be. There are a lot of theology concerns being expressed in thread. Some of these go back to issues like women speaking in church as well as the reason Paul gives for the directive. Listen to all of them and ask for the scriptures. -Lon

God's Truth

God loves us better than our earthly mothers.

Isaiah 49:15
"Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.

Status
Not open for further replies.