ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So, something that is chosen of God and He alone has sovereignty over ALL, then, why should we place any concern for the time element involved? It would not even concern us, correct?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You never understood traditional Calvinism

They don't want to understand it, that much has been made abundantly clear. They've just taken to bashing Calvinism to prop up their heresies. I've seen people do it with the Catholic tradition, never with the Reformed tradition. Bunch of oddballs :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They seem to think NOBODY understands their belief system. Like Calvinism is a well-guarded secret that only adherents can possibly decipher.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They don't want to understand it, that much has been made abundantly clear. They've just taken to bashing Calvinism to prop up their heresies. I've seen people do it with the Catholic tradition, never with the Reformed tradition. Bunch of oddballs :chuckle:

Another "Mindless" comment.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Ok, let's see you do it then.

Baffling.

Show me where I do that.
I do what the spirit leads me to do according to God's pleasure, not yours nor under your demand. Are you threatening God if I don't do it your way? So far I have refuted you with God's word and yet you never heard. You got the general call but not the effectual call. Maybe you will tonight, we'll see.

The general call has already been made but you didn't respond.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Arminians have been trying to destroy the foundations of the Reformed faith for hundreds of years, to their own spiritual harm.

I have lost count of how many have confronted me with a fail-proof argument, that they think will silence our testimony once and for all, but all have failed.

Because we proclaim the Gospel Truth and we are the messengers of God that will not be silenced, but will produce eternal fruit exactly as God wills.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your questions have holes in them . . .and you believe in a false gospel.

I will pray it is only a temporary delay in understanding that you suffer, due to poor/wicked teaching.

If your errors prove to be eternal, then we will know on the last day that God turned you over to delusion because you do not love His Truth.

His truth is not available to a disillusioned/brainwashed and indoctrinated Reformist. They believe Scripture after it has been filtered through their "Belief system filtering machine." They place a Scripture verse into their filtering machine and it comes out the other side with the John Calvin seal of approval.

Sonnet

Arminians have been trying to destroy the foundations of the Reformed faith for hundreds of years, to their own spiritual harm.

I have lost count of how many have confronted me with a fail-proof argument, that they think will silence our testimony once and for all, but all have failed.

Because we proclaim the Gospel Truth and we are the messengers of God that will not be silenced, but will produce eternal fruit exactly as God wills.

You refuse to preach as Paul did.
What more needs to be said?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I am Reformed and I have testified in this thread, that I proclaim the Gospel indiscriminately to all, and then leave it up to God as to who He might bestow His saving grace . . for I have no idea who is elect or not, or who is non-elect today, but might be regenerate to new spiritual life tomorrow.

Did you read the above testimony of Zanchius, who reminds us that Jesus Christ preached Truth to all within hearing, and He DID know who would believe or not.

The Gospel is a two-edged sword; it either blesses with salvation, or it condemns unbelief. It either saves the soul or judges the soul.
Not being effectively called means they never understood your testimonies but you testified cause God instructed you to do it anyway. They might be born again a year from now remembering what you said. For now, they hate you for proclaiming the gospel .

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

That is true. Arminius, and everyone else, were students of Calvinism and they went off and pretty much condemned all the great theologians in history as 'Stoics'.
Just to go and make theology that collapses in on itself and rejects the sovereignty of God :rolleyes:

Neither Papists or Reformed have much to do with them. They distance themselves with their hatred- maybe it's a cry for help :chuckle:

Sonnet

That is true. Arminius, and everyone else, were students of Calvinism and they went off and pretty much condemned all the great theologians in history as 'Stoics'.
Just to go and make theology that collapses in on itself and rejects the sovereignty of God :rolleyes:

You refuse to preach as Paul did.
What more needs to be said?

Sonnet

Paul, speaking about his unbelieving brethren (the Israelites) invites them to:

declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

Why would Paul say this to such folk (and presumably the Gentiles too) if God raised Jesus from the dead only for certain individuals?

And why would he say in verse 1:

Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

Only if he died for all can he have risen for all. Only then could Paul have genuinely preached such a Gospel. Only then could Paul have desired their salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.