ECT water baptism

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Read the law in your Bible and find out (warning: jamie rabbit trail alert).

Well. we know that when Christ brought his people out of Egypt he baptized them in the sea.

I guess Christ wants people to be baptized through water and that is fine with me.

I have complied, how about you?

dodge

Cleansing.... Israel had several of them in the law.

Heb 6:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:2) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Mar 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

turbosixx

No, it's not. It's pure Ignorance. However, if you desire ignorance over truth, that's your choice and I'll back up your right to believe it.

I'm here to test what I believe to be truth because I believe only the truth will save us. I had never heard of MAD until I came to this forum. I found it interesting and can see how one could come to that conclusion based on what I've been told. As I began to challenge it, I found it to be built upon claims made about single verses. These claims are not supported by the rest of the scriptures and are in conflict with the words of Christ and Paul himself.

Thanks for supporting my choice. I feel the same. We are each accountable for ourselves.

SimpleMan77

NO, essentially it does not. This is why some of you are so confused. You have bogus definitions that you use do support that story.

WATER baptism ITSELF is SYMBOLIC.

There are SEVERAL water baptisms in the law for the priesthood of Israel. This is why the Hebrews contains "doctrines of baptisms", plural.

Heb 6:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, (6:2) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

God gave Israel more than one water baptism.

That's cute.

Your "definition" is not the "natural definition".

Definition of the Greek word Baptizo
1. to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk)
2. to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one's self, bathe
3. to overwhelm

Here is an inconvenient verse for you:
Mark 7:4 And when they come from the market, except they wash (baptizo), they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing (baptismos, form of the same word) of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
Well. we know that when Christ brought his people out of Egypt he baptized them in the sea.
Are you talking about the time when you went over on dry land? Yes, that was a wonderful dry baptism. Why were the baptized UNTO Moses?

I guess Christ wants people to be baptized through water and that is fine with me.
Which people? His people? Yes, that's fine with me too.

I have complied, how about you?
I have been baptized by ONE Spirit with the ONE baptism for the body of Christ. Thanks.

Right Divider

Body part
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:17-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (16:19) ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (16:20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

These SIGNS are following YOU?

Right Divider

Body part
Definition of the Greek word Baptizo
1. to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk)
2. to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one's self, bathe
3. to overwhelm

Here is an inconvenient verse for you:
Mark 7:4 And when they come from the market, except they wash (baptizo), they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing (baptismos, form of the same word) of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
And yet many of Israel's baptisms were sprinkling.

You're not a kingdom of priests.

SimpleMan77

water baptism

And yet many of Israel's baptisms were sprinkling.

You're not a kingdom of priests.

The first 5 books of the New Testament are full of literal, physical baptisms. There was never sprinkling there.
You find references to John baptizing in a place because there was "much water". The Ethiopian Eunuch "came up out of the water".
The Apostles, including Paul, baptized people in water.
Why fight the black and white truth of God's word?

Right Divider

Body part
The first 5 books of the New Testament are full of literal, physical baptisms.
The first 4 books of the so-called "new testament" are OLD testament. But you know that... death of the testator thing.

There was never sprinkling there.
Read (and study) the ENTIRE Bible. You might learn something about Israel and their priesthood.

You find references to John baptizing in a place because there was "much water". The Ethiopian Eunuch "came up out of the water".
Oh boy.... John baptized with water....

John 1:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Is this one more of my "inconvenient truths"?

The Apostles, including Paul, baptized people in water.
Why fight the black and white truth of God's word?
Because I understand it in its ENTIRETY.

SimpleMan77

The first 4 books of the so-called "new testament" are OLD testament. But you know that... death of the testator thing.

Read (and study) the ENTIRE Bible. You might learn something about Israel and their priesthood.

(1:31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Answer this... if Paul was as actively opposed to the works of faith (obedience) as some insist he was, he would have ran as far as he could away from water baptism, knowing the tendency of human nature to affix a high value on anything that was that closely connected with conversion.

Instead, you find him baptizing some, and having others baptized by his assistants. The Bible doesn't record the details of what was taught the night of the earthquake, but something Paul and Silas said convinced the jailer that baptism was important - so important, in fact, that Paul had him baptized between midnight and dawn.

Paul was a lion-heart. Anyone who would rebuke Peter to his face for sliding back into his law-habits would not hesitate to stand loudly and proudly for truth, as evidenced by him charging on full-speed in the face of prophecies about his ultimate incarceration and death.

Paul promoted baptism for both Jews, Gentiles, and re-baptism for those who had not been baptized in the name of Jesus. These are the truths that must be answered.

Right Divider

Body part
Answer this... if Paul was as actively opposed to the works of faith (obedience) as some insist he was, he would have ran as far as he could away from water baptism, knowing the tendency of human nature to affix a high value on anything that was that closely connected with conversion.
Why don't you ask those that say that?

Instead, you find him baptizing some, and having others baptized by his assistants. The Bible doesn't record the details of what was taught the night of the earthquake, but something Paul and Silas said convinced the jailer that baptism was important - so important, in fact, that Paul had him baptized between midnight and dawn.
You just keep trying to get away from the ONE baptism and get YOUR actions with water to have some significance.
Why do YOU ignore the significance of the VARIOUS WASHING'S that were part of Israel's priesthood?
Why do you ignore what John said about HIS reason for baptizing with water?

Paul was a lion-heart. Anyone who would rebuke Peter to his face for sliding back into his law-habits would not hesitate to stand loudly and proudly for truth, as evidenced by him charging on full-speed in the face of prophecies about his ultimate incarceration and death.

Paul promoted baptism for both Jews, Gentiles, and re-baptism for those who had not been baptized in the name of Jesus. These are the truths that must be answered.
Paul did NOT "promote" water baptism. He learned as God revealed it to him that he (Paul) was NOT sent to baptize BUT to preach the gospel.

You, and so many, just love your religious ceremonies and cannot accept that there is now no need for any of them.

dodge

Mark 16:17-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (16:19) ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (16:20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

These SIGNS are following YOU?

Let me get this straight you are making a case against "believing" and being "baptized" right ?

dodge

Right Divider;4852707]The first 4 books of the so-called "new testament" are OLD testament. But you know that... death of the testator thing.

Moses brought the law but GRACE and truth cam by Jesus Christ.

How many more scriptures do you IGNORE to stay in the deception of MAD ?

You should take your own advice ALL scripture points to in types and the reality of Jesus.

Which has NOTHING to do with Jesus saying teach and baptize the nations.

Only the parts that you force into the MAD deceptions.

Right Divider

Body part
Let me get this straight you are making a case against "believing" and being "baptized" right ?

No, I'm saying that YOU do not understand the Bible. You do not understand the CONTEXT of Jesus Christ and His TWELVE disciples.

YOU cannot disconnect verses 17 & 18 from the rest (as you're trying to do).

You're a cherry-picker that only plucks a few verses out of context to vainly attempt to keep your false story alive.

Mark 16:14-20 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:14) ¶ Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. (16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (16:17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (16:18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (16:19) ¶ So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (16:20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with [them], and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

AMEN!

Do you?

• Cast out devils?
  • Speak with new tongues?
  • Take up serpents?
  • Live though you drink any deadly thing?
  • Heal the sick by the laying on of hands?
No, you do none of that.