"Give Your Life to Jesus"

heir

TOL Subscriber
Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Give Your Life to Jesus"

This is the most important thing in our lives.

here is why:

God is love. He teaches us how to love one another. This is the main reason why God is true.

So if you don't like what is going on in the world, come to God and He will give you what you desire in next life with perfect, peaceful and most of all loving world.

But this desire will not obtain without striving to obey what Jesus teaches. He knows how to love one another. No human can teaches the way Jesus does becasue He was sent by His Father to teach us how to love God and love one another.
Christ is dead in vain in the eyes of meshak (Galatians 2:21 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Go therefor make disciples of all nations... Teaching them to obey everyone I have commanded you".

Jesus says to teach the nations to obey Him.

This is a big responsibility, friend.
That is another gospel than that which Paul preached unto us. Let you be accursed (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Your righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.

This thread is about salvation :troll: and your working for it is not going to cut it (Romans 3:10-12 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
"giving your life to Jesus" is work.

It is strange that so many so called Christians claim salvation is unconditional and don't require any works.

Believing in Him a lot of work.

giving life to Jesus: This is requirement for salvation.
No scripture as usual from the believe notter (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
An unregenerate, a person still in the flesh [not born of the Spirit],
cannot please God.

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~
When did you trust the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation? If you've never had a moment in your life when you have, you are still as lost as the other religious, but lost in this thread!

heir

TOL Subscriber
You cannot separate faith and obedience.
Faith in Paul's gospel is obedience where we are concerned:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Why do you reject Paul's gospel?

God's Truth

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

That scripture proves what I have been saying, and that is we must obey and not practice iniquity.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're wrong.
No, you are. We are in the but now where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). The righteousness of God is found in the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16-17 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). When you trust the Lord believing it, the righteousness of God will be imputed to you (Romans 4:24-25 KJV).

God's Truth

Not to us (Hebrews 8:8 KJV).

The New Covenant is also a Covenant that included Gentiles:

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled, as shown by Gentiles believing in God---

so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: “therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name.”
Again, it says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
And sing praises to him, all you
Peoples.”
And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the
Nations;
The Gentiles will hope in him.”

Read this Old Testament scripture, it is quoted in the New Testament:

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Romans 15:9
and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name."

...And these scriptures:

Romans 15:11
And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

The New Covenant to the Jews include the Gentiles.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why don't you quit slinging that stuff like mud? As if you have a great truth to reveal! I honor those scriptures, like Isaiah 64, but I don't like it when they are taken way out of context! NO ONE HERE HAS SAID THAT WE CAN BE SAVED BY OUR OWN EFFORTS, WITHOUT ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST. Stop brow-beating people when they're not saying what you infer!
How are you saved?