The best songs you totally forgot about

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The whole LP, "Shuttered Rooms", is pretty good.

Totally agreed, but I've usually had difficulty tracking down that album. Back in the 90s, I tried to buy the CD only to find out that it was no longer in print. And just the other day I tried to find it on Spotify and it is not available there either. Fortunately, somebody uploaded a playlist of it to YouTube, available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-rqs5LWZFw&list=PLG6l0u7wdNE9xf2i6WM9004Ak-9LvMkpx&index=2&t=0s

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Totally agreed, but I've usually had difficulty tracking down that album. Back in the 90s, I tried to buy the CD only to find out that it was no longer in print. And just the other day I tried to find it on Spotify and it is not available there either. Fortunately, somebody uploaded a playlist of it to YouTube, available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-rqs5LWZFw&list=PLG6l0u7wdNE9xf2i6WM9004Ak-9LvMkpx&index=2&t=0s

I happened onto it on vinyl, at Goodwill, about 15 years ago, for maybe 99¢, and surely no more than $2. No skips, either. I was happy to find it, because I had always liked their "hit" tunes, 'Red Skies' and 'Stand or Fall', and I soon took to liking pretty much all the other tracks, too.

Gary K

Banned
Yet another post by ffreeloader that could almost make me wonder if it might actually be my dad who is posting, incognito, on TOL, under the name "ffreeloader". (Except, I think my dad doesn't mind The Fixx.)

Now that is funny. As far as I know I never fathered any children. If I did I wasn't informed of the child. If your father and I are of the same age it's not too unlikely that we have similar tastes in music from back in the day.

Now I understand why ok doser was laughing about showing a post of mine to you. I couldn't figure out what he was going on about as I just now saw this post from you.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Now I understand why ok doser was laughing about showing a post of mine to you. I couldn't figure out what he was going on about as I just now saw this post from you.

Now on to the crucial point at hand, since one thing leads to another...Do you dig The Fixx?

oatmeal

You also forgot about hyperbole.

Actually not, I decided to play the game that literalists play, instead of taking figures of speech into account when reading to understand scripture. God uses hyperbole in scripture, so I understand your point

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Robin Trower: Bridge of Sighs (1974)

I have this one on vinyl. Day of the Eagle! Robin Trower's one of my favorite guitarists in the realm of blues/blues-rock style. I really like his playing more than that of many other, perhaps bigger names; far more than Stevie Ray Vaughan, and even somewhat more than Jimi Hendrix. And, as much as I love Clapton on account of his many great tunes (and, to some extent, for his playing), Trower is, to me, somewhat more smooth, ferocious and interesting at electric guitar.