Is your Faith in the Bible or in God

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow!

That's a lot of trust to put in this one mans testimony!

And that is why the Lord Jesus Christ appeared to Peter directly to corroborate the changed plans. It was not written ahead of time. See Acts 10.

So, the omnipotent and omniscient, eternal Creator of the universe isn't capable of writing a reliable book? Whoever your god is, he is small, not the God of the Bible. And your god is so foolish he will hold mankind responsible for truth, yet leaving him nowhere to find reliable truth, even telling mankind to study unreliable scripture truth? Your god is also, therefore, quite the idiot.

2 Timothy 3

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Also, you have faith, or you have doubt, which results that you build up, or tear down. Interesting that, like other threads with such deceptive titles, before reading your OP, it was certain it would be all about trying to spread doubt. Can't speak for anybody else, but I always find it so lame, at least to approach anybody who well knows the Christian faith, of strong faith, in such an obtuse, deceptive fashion, refuting the clear word of God.

A certain sort of person, with a certain type of premise, is so predictable, clear whose work he's really doing, and it's not God's work. But I don't even know who you're trying to fool, but yourself. I know I'm not fooled or even the least impressed.

Matthew 13

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

You need to repent and get saved.

An afterthought, actually, your entire premise is simply foolishness, asking if you trust God, or trust what He says? If you don't trust what He says, you do not trust God, period. If he can't even write a good User's Manual, as it were, in your economy, how could you trust that god? How can you even say you trust God, but not His word, His very ablility to even express His word? You trust both, or you don't trust at all, Einstein. You need to come up with a better tare thread, think things out a little more, before you do your doubt spreading thing.

Last edited:

Saxon Hammer

An afterthought, actually, your entire premise is simply foolishness, asking if you trust God, or trust what He says? If you don't trust what He says, you do not trust God, period. If he can't even write a good User's Manual, as it were, in your economy, how could you trust that god? How can you even say you trust God, but not His word, His very ablility to even express His word? You trust both, or you don't trust at all, Einstein. You need to come up with a better tare thread, think things out a little more, before you do your doubt spreading thing.

We all have faith in the work of Einstein and rely on the developments that derive for his works however is it fully explained? Will some future scientist add yet another dimension to space and time?

As many have stated the main book of the bible was compiled by men from the selected information and presented from their perspectives at the time. While they MAY have translated and transcribed original works the collection was EDITED by those men. Since that time the bible has changed through translation and further 'understandings' so you simply cannot STATE that any word in the bible is exactly the word it should be. This is not to say that the bible is without meaning NOR understanding but should not be a 'technical' reference for the unthinking.

So to answer your thoughts, the only interesting part, I would say that God has ensured that the love in the bible is available to all. I would doubt very much if He thought the bible should remain static as life must change and God already knows this.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
WonderfulLordJes... I think you are talking to me.

My intention is to share what I have learned so that others may connect with God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
As for the Bible; I believe God has ensured that enough Truth remains to corroborate the Truth available directly from God through feelings.

oatmeal

Scripture is God's word in written form

God's word, ie, scripture is the only place you can learn about God directly from God himself as the sole author of scripture.

If you do not believe God's word, you simply do not believe God.

john w

Hall of Fame
People often refer to the scriptures as the word of God. It's not as though they believe God got a pen and started writing but that the writing was inspired by God.

Inspired maybe but certainly not dictated and double checked by God!

If your faith is in the book you will be disappointed. But if your faith is in God, that God is all loving, that God has everything in hand; then you will be rewarded instantly.

False dichotomy. You would have no objective knowledge, of "God," w/o the book by which He is revealed-NADA.How did you come to the true knowledge of "God?" Did He tap you on the shoulder, or appear to you in a dream, vision? That is called subjectivity, mysticism.

No, what the bible says, God says-scripture makes no distinction-survey:

Romans 9:17 KJV For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Exodus 9 KJV
1 Then the Lord said unto Moses,..........

16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

Thus,what scripture saith, the LORD God saith.

EOT.CLOSED.DOA. LOCK DOWN. RIP.

Last edited:

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
False dichotomy. You would have no objective knowledge, of "God," w/o the book by which He is revealed-NADA.He did you come to the true knowledge of "God?" Did He tap you on the shoulder, or appear to you in a dream, vision? That is called subjectivity, mysticism.

No, what the bible says, God says-scripture makes no distinction-survey:

Romans 9:17 KJV For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Exodus 9 KJV
1 Then the Lord said unto Moses,..........

16 And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

Thus,what scripture saith, the LORD God saith.

EOT.CLOSED.DOA. LOCK DOWN. RIP.

I say this to all those relying on scripture; if you knew more about yourselves you would understand how it is possible to receive information without words.

We all knew God in Our beginning so there will be know doubt when you reconnect with HimHer.

john w

Hall of Fame
I say this to all those relying on scripture; if you knew more about yourselves you would understand how it is possible to receive information without words.

We all knew God in Our beginning so there will be know doubt when you reconnect with HimHer.

Translation: Subjectivity, mysticism, Buddhism, existentialism....

Someone to you: God is a woman, and has a has 45 husbands, located on Mars.

You: Right on!!!! Feelings!!!!
Well you shouldn't joke, the Truth is serious stuff.

Translation: Your alleged truth, based upon emotions, mysticism, subjectivity, and.....

Saxon Hammer

WonderfulLordJes... I think you are talking to me.

My intention is to share what I have learned so that others may connect with God.

Thank you - I would like to be talking with you about the VERY same thing but from my place in this world and time. If I am in the light of God then I can tell you it does not feel safe.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned

If that caused a feeling within me I certainly wouldn't ignore or suppress it.

Are you anti-emotions? Do you get any emotions?
I didn't for a few years, coincidentally (not) my life was going down hill fast!

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Peter, kill and eat. Not so Lord!

Why would Peter need to be told about accepting gentiles, in light of the Great Commission?

I'll do some reading...

Thank you for being succinct yet gentle, you are a good guy <3

Zeke

You: Right on!!!! Feelings!!!!

Translation: Your alleged truth, based upon emotions, mysticism, subjectivity, and.....

Another one who has a deaf an dumb Christ within, and doesn't even understand the mystery of his own Apostle who taught the heart is the spiritual scroll not dead letters in a book, ole john still sucking on Hagar's test.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Another one who has a deaf an dumb Christ within, and doesn't even understand the mystery of his own Apostle who taught the heart is the spiritual scroll not dead letters in a book, ole john still sucking on Hagar's test.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

You should look at yourself, self proclaimed enlightened one shows little love.