The Mark

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The Mark.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These scriptures are a reference to Yahshua hanging on a stake. The Old Testament says that the Messiah would be hung on a tree in one place, and on a pole, stake, or post in the others.

Genesis 4:15
But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
The mark on Cain was parabolic of things to come.

Numbers 21:8-9
The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.
The snake is parabolic of sin, and the pole is parabolic of Christ being hung on a pole.

1 Peter 2:24.
“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the (cross / stake,) so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

Hebrews 7:27.
Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Ezekiel 9:4.
…and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.”

Ezekiel 9:6.
Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple.

In ancient Israel, in a judicial court; if a person was forgiven or found innocent, the High Priest would place a single ash mark on the forehead of the person. In that way the people would see the person was found to be righteous. This mark was a symbol of Moses pole.

Numbers 21:8-9.
The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Deuteronomy 21:23.
you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

1 Corinthians 1:23.
23 but we preach Christ (crucified / staked out;) a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Galatians 3:13.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Acts 5:30.
The God of our fathers raised up Yahshua, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 10:39.
And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Note: The Babylonians and Romans did hang people on a cross when they sacrificed to their pagan sun god. But there is no reason to believe that Yahshua was a sacrifice to the Pagans sun god.

Opposite of a single pole is the cross.

Sign of the cross.
The Byzantine sign of the cross made with the right hand.

The Byzantine sign of the cross is made with thumb and the first two fingers of the right hand joined at the tips. The third and fourth fingers are closed on the palm.

The Byzantine way of making the sign of the cross predates the Latin style used by the Roman Catholics.

The sign of the Trinity and Cross are both on the right hand, and the mark of the cross is made on the forehead with ash during Lent.

[/FONT]

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I realise that this has nothing to do with the OP, But I was wondering why you call yourself CherubRam and not CalebRam?

beameup

I believe the Persians are credited with impalement on trees (or poles).
In Esther, under Persian King Xerxes, Haman was authorized to erect poles
on which to impale all Jews. That genocide would have wiped-out all Jews
living in the Persian Empire. However, others suggest that it was the
Assyrians who invented impalement, and there is historical evidence
confirming that.

Revelation 7:3-4
Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

beameup

Symbolic.
Literal

903dd54611ea346f4264a77e09b0c0cd.jpg

S-word

BANNED
Banned
confirming that.

Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Of all the tribes of Israel except for the tribe of Dan. See Revelation 7: 5-8. 12,000 from each of the 13 tribes of Israel, but none from the tribe of Dan.

Truster

Tell us all O one who believe they are able to distinguish truth from untruth. Why is the tribe of Dan not counted among the 144,000?

I wasn't addressing you. The OP kept using the term parabolic. That is why I said symbolic. In your case I would have used sinbolic.

beameup

Of all the tribes of Israel except for the tribe of Dan. See Revelation 7: 5-8. 12,000 from each of the 13 tribes of Israel, but none from the tribe of Dan.
Actually, the "12" Tribes are listed several different ways in Scripture,
but always end up being a total of 12. In the case of Dan, the consensus
is that they were deep into idolatry of the worst kind, and were severely
punished by God through cruelty of the Assyrians.

CherubRam

confirming that.

What do you think the seal of God is?

CherubRam

I wasn't addressing you. The OP kept using the term parabolic. That is why I said symbolic. In your case I would have used sinbolic.

Parabolic pertains to parables. And symbolic pertains to symbols. The story would be the parable, whereas the pole its self would be literal, and possibly symbolic.

CherubRam

Wasn't the tribe of Dan from one of the Germanic tribes? As you may recall, Abraham's relatives were from beyond the river of Euphrates. The Vikings used that river for a trade route to Babylon.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Actually, the "12" Tribes are listed several different ways in Scripture,
but always end up being a total of 12. In the case of Dan, the consensus
is that they were deep into idolatry of the worst kind, and were severely
punished by God through cruelty of the Assyrians.

Wrong, try again. Here is a hint, Dan the giant was sterile as was Sampson one of his descendants, who himself, was only born with the help of an angel of the Lord. Dan adopted his younger sister who had been sired by Reuben the first born son of Israel who raped Bilhah the mother of Dan.