Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

john w

Hall of Fame
:up:

Only rich folks had answering machines in the 70s.
Wonder where all his money went? Firebird payments and marlboro light bills?

A might curious.

Well, Mayor, you just don't like change, do you? No, you don't. I heard that when they put a stamp machine in your local post office, that really frosted you!

john w

Hall of Fame
We never actually see Jim Rockford leave his answering machine greeting, but we know he had to because it's his voice.

Same thing with the return of Christ in 70 ad.

Both of you are in denial. I had an answering machine for 27 years, and not one of you two can answer....What was the topic, again?

SaulToPaul 2

Well, Mayor, you just don't like change, do you? No, you don't. I heard that when they put a stamp machine in your local post office, that really frosted you!

That could be why I still access TOL via dial up.
I won't give in and just call the (cable) man.

john w

Hall of Fame
I believe Aleister Crowley invented the answering machine.

You are just full of fun today, aintcha, Mayor?Well, why don't you just head on down to The Diner, and have the $4.99 special-that's the family dinner for one.

So there.

john w

Hall of Fame
That could be why I still access TOL via dial up.
I won't give in and just call the (cable) man.

Well, I reckon that you are still a child, at heart, mayor, resisting change. You need some discipline, Mayor. You read any book you want on the subject of child discipline, and you'll find that every one of them is in favor of bud-nipping. Not being emotionally involved with children, being single, and all, as my civil service job just does not allow me too court the rich dames, the "Peggy's" of the world, and thus having no youngin's, I think I can be more objective.

Did you know that Peggy eventually became Mrs. Ryan O'Neil, and mom of Tatum? Ange shore messed up there-Helen? Although she was "nice."

SaulToPaul 2

Did you know that Peggy eventually became Mrs. Ryan O'Neil, and mom of Tatum? Ange shore messed up there-Helen? Although she was "nice."

I did not know that. And, yes, a handsome bachelor like Ange could have had his pick of any woman in Mayberry. I do not see why he chose Miss Crump. I would have probably courted Rafe's daughter.

musterion

When Barney left for the big city, I like to think he returned to Mayberry and continued to invisibly patrol the streets, even though no one could see him, and he yet "reigns" over Mayberry to this very day. Otis, I think, is the only witness to this return but he was drunk at the time. Still, Otis is just a good a witness as any apostle because he agrees with me.

And since Barney is now invisible, I'm right and you can't prove me wrong.

SaulToPaul 2

When Barney left for the big city, I like to think he returned to Mayberry and continued to invisibly patrol the streets, even though no one could see him, and he yet "reigns" over Mayberry to this very day. Otis, I think, is the only witness to this return but he was drunk at the time. Still, Otis is just a good a witness as any apostle because he agrees with me.

So, in essence, Barney Fife returned in 1970ad?

musterion

Now you're catching on. Thing is, you have to be careful which things Barney said were literal and which had only spiritual application. I have some cassette tapes in a handsome leatherette case that will explain it all to you if you PM me your mailing address.

"Nip it or you will perish." Fife 13:3

john w

Hall of Fame
I did not know that. And, yes, a handsome bachelor like Ange could have had his pick of any woman in Mayberry. I do not see why he chose Miss Crump. I would have probably courted Rafe's daughter.

I would have gone after Jackie Coogan's("Uncle Fester") daughter, Melissa, but she would probably think that I'm a squirt.

john w

Hall of Fame

Well , Mayor, I reckon the above should be nominated for CPOTY-"Classic Post Of The Year."

Reckon musty is now qualified to go up to the old people's home and wax the steps, solo?

whitestone

huuh!,I'm gonna take my business elsewhere!,,,I admit Barny did take some chalk and draw a line on the sidewalk and tell me to walk it,,, and I did say "what line?",but that don't prove I was drunk. And then when Andy ask me if I was drunk three hours before, I told him I don't know because I wasn't wearing my glasses. So see, if I didn't see if I was walking straight down it, how would I know if I was drunk?