Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Prayer Pt 2 of 3 and Humility

Today's sermons cover how not to pray and also the subject of humility.

BEST QUOTES FROM THE SERMONS:

On prayer:
While [many Christians] pray for their car to start they don't pray for a flat tire to be inflated or, supernaturally, for a cracked windshield to be healed. Now why is this? Well, car engines often don't turn over on the first or second try. That happens commonly. And so a superstitious Christian, and one who has not learned do not pray contrary to God's laws, a religious person but not growing in the Lord will lay his hands on the dash board or just pause reverently while holding the key in the ignition and utter that prayer and crank the engine and it starts and then claim that God did a miracle. "God did another miracle for me today." And doing so weakens his faith and strengthens his superstition.
On humility:
Whenever we talk about whether a man will turn to God or not, you hear a certain theme from this pulpit. I don't attribute that ultimate decision of whether or not someone will trust God to his I.Q., his intelligence or to how much money he makes or his level of education or even to how much he's read God's word because the Pharisees read God's word all the time but they hated God. I attribute that decision of whether or not someone will trust God to his humility. Whether or not a man will humble himself before his Creator, whether a woman will humble herself before her Maker.
Today's Resource: Subscribe to Bob Enyart's Sunday Sermons and ask for a bonus CD of Bob's message on Israel the Bride! You'll love it or your money back!

Daniel50

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the
LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to
walk humbly with thy God?

Status
Not open for further replies.