ECT Mary: Mother of God

God's Truth

Don't the Catholics want to please God? Do they really think that venerating others besides Him is acceptable?

Is there any scripture that shows anyone ever exalting Mary?

No.

However, there are many scriptures that show we are not to do that.

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

They bowed down and worshiped Jesus, not Mary. They gave gifts to him, not gifts for Mary.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

That scripture proves that MARY NEEDED A SAVIOR and was not herself an immaculate conception, as the Catholic's teach, which means they teach that Mary was conceived and born and lived without any sin the same way that Jesus was.

The Bible does not say Mary was sinless. The Catholics claim that Mary had to be borne by Immaculate Conception. They say Jesus could not be in the womb of a regular human woman. Where does that thinking end? If Jesus could not be born from a real human woman, then Mary could not be born from a real human mother either, and on and on. Jesus was born from a human mother; to say Mary was not a normal human would go against the scriptures.

Last edited:

God's Truth

The Catholic's current pope Francis calls her the Gate to Heaven.
https://angelusnews.com/faith/pope-f...e-narrow-gate/
“She welcomed [Jesus] with all her heart and followed him every day of her life, even when she did not understand, even when a sword pierced her soul.”
The Blessed Virgin Mary is “a gate that exactly follows the form of Jesus: the gate of the heart of Jesus, demanding, but open to all,” he said. “May the Virgin Mary help us in this.”

However that is nowhere any the Bible, and in fact, it goes against the Bible.
Jesus is the gate.
John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

We are to go straight to God by going to Jesus, not to Mary.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16.

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12.

Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Romans 8:34.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. Romans 8:27.

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25.

God's Truth

Don't you know the Catholic church has named Mary Co Redeemer and Mediatrix?

Catholics elevate Mary, the mother of Jesus to that of “Mediatrix.” However, there is only one Mediator between God and man, and that is Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5.

"The power thus put into her hands is all but unlimited. How unerringly right, then, are Christian souls when they turn to Mary for help as though impelled by an instinct of nature, confidently sharing with her their future hopes and past achievements, their sorrows and joys, commending themselves like children to the care of a bountiful mother. How rightly, too, has every nation and every liturgy without exception acclaimed her great renown, which has grown greater with the voice of each succeeding century. Among her many other titles we find her hailed as "our Lady, our Mediatrix," "the Reparatrix of the whole world," "the Dispenser of all heavenly gifts" (ADIUTRICEM, Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII, promulgated on September 5, 1895).

Right there you see the Catholic's teaching of making Mary the Medatrix and Co Redeemer.

Jesus is the only Mediator and he doesn't have a co Redeemer.

God's Truth

Mary needs to be distinguished as the mother of the human nature of God and that part only. Saying Mary is the Mother of God gives more credence to the Catholic's distortion of what we should be doing to obey God.

"For to be right and good, worship of the Mother of God ought to spring from the heart; acts of the body have here neither utility nor value if the acts of the soul have no part in them" ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS X ON THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION Given at Rome in St. Peter's on the second day of February, 1904, in the first year of Our Pontificate. http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/p....ssimum_en.html

God's Truth

Mary joined together with disciples to pray. No one prayed to Mary. She wasn't prayed to.
The disciples didn't pray to Mary and say, "Mary, ask Jesus if ___”, as the Catholics teach us to do.

Acts 1:14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.

God's Truth

It is wrong to pray to Mary. It is wrong to say the Rosary. It is wrong to say the Rosary and all the many other prayers to her.

Catholics pray to Mary and ask her to go to Jesus with their request. They say Jesus won't turn down a request from his mother.

They also do this with the Catholic saints.

We do NOT go through Mary to get to Jesus and God!

Mary would not want to be exalted in such a way. In fact, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." Jesus replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." See Luke 11:27-28. Does that sound like Jesus wanted Mary exalted to the level that the Catholic Church has exalted her? No. Someone told Jesus, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you." Jesus replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice." See Luke 8:20-21. Does it sound like Jesus wants us to elevate and worship his mother? No.

God's Truth

John 2: 1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
4 “Woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

Mary told them to do whatever Jesus tells you. Catholics, please do what Jesus tells you to do.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
GT, you beg the question of whether you are authorized to interpret Scripture. We already know from Scripture itself the office that is so authorized, the office of a bishop (cf. 1st Timothy 3:1), and you don't hold that office. All you and every Christian pagan itt have is your personal preference, unrooted in Scripture and instead rooted in your imagination and desires.

Idolater

You stopped reading. That's not just arrogant: it also defines ignorance. :duh:
I said I stopped reading because it is dreck. You cannot see your arrogance in thinking that I'm not led by the Spirit? You're doubling down on your arrogance.

Let's take this one sentence from your prior post to me: "God isn't about religion."

Now what does this mean? How are you using the word "religion"? Because according to the common meaning of the word, God is absolutely "about religion", you're going to have to explain how Old Covenant Levitical Judaism wasn't God's religion, and I don't see how you can, without invoking some other uncommon meaning of the word.

And if you read your Bible you'll also see that the Lord Jesus is a priest, and what do priests have to do with anything other than religion? Again, presuming that you're using the same word that most everyone uses, how can you defend that "God isn't about religion" when our Lord Himself is a priest? Priest doesn't mean anything outside of the common meaning of the word "religion".

If what you mean by your "God isn't about religion" is that God isn't "about" false religions, then of course I agree with you. There's only one true religion today, just as there was only one true religion three thousand years ago, back then it was Levitical Judaism, looking forward to the Messiah, and today it is Catholicism, looking back on the Lord's first coming (born of Mary the Mother of God), Passion, Death, Burial, Resurrection, and Ascension, and looking forward to His second coming and the end of time.

In the meantime He's left us an office held by men who oversee and pastor His Church, and He is really present in the Eucharist as well.

Do you go to church? I mean before the pandemic. Do you not call that religion? And if not what do you call it?

God's Truth

GT, you beg the question of whether you are authorized to interpret Scripture. We already know from Scripture itself the office that is so authorized, the office of a bishop (cf. 1st Timothy 3:1), and you don't hold that office. All you and every Christian pagan itt have is your personal preference, unrooted in Scripture and instead rooted in your imagination and desires.
Deuteronomy 28:14, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19 warn against adding to or detracting from Scripture. Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

CATHOLICS MESS WITH GOD'S WRITTEN WORD.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Deuteronomy 5:32 Sobe careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. “Every word of God is flawless: he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Proverbs 30:5-6 We are exhorted to check out teaching against Scripture(Isaiah 8:20; Acts 17:11.)

Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

God’s word is understandable even to a young child.

How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105.

2 Corinthians 1:13 For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.

See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14. God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).

God's Truth

The scriptures are done being given and already written and they tell us how to get saved and receive understanding.

Catholics do things that God hates.

God's Truth

Idolater

We have to obey Jesus.
Catholics give a lot of reasons for not obeying Jesus.
Tell me how Catholics obey this:

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Catholics call their brothers 'father', and their 'fathers' call each other 'father'.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I do not call my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn to tell me how you obey.

Now, tell me how Catholics obey this when it comes to infants:

Mark 1:15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Catholics baptize infants who cannot repent and believe.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I got baptized when I could repent and believe.

Your turn to tell me how the Catholics obey.

Tell me how do Catholics obey this:

Acts 10:25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.

Acts 10:26 But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."

Catholics bow to their pope.

I do not bow to any other Christian.

Your turn to tell me how the Catholics obey God.

How do Catholics obey this:

Leviticus 26:1 "'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

Catholics bow to their statues.

I do not bow to any statue.

Your turn.

How do Catholics obey this:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Catholics pray to Mary and their other "saints".

I pray only to Jesus.

Your turn.

Idolater

...Your turn.
It's still your turn.

"GT, you beg the question of whether you are authorized to interpret Scripture. We already know from Scripture itself the office that is so authorized, the office of a bishop (cf. 1st Timothy 3:1), and you don't hold that office."

God's Truth

It's still your turn.
So you are going to ignore the scriptures that say even a child can read them?

I gave you the scriptures that say that.

"GT, you beg the question of whether you are authorized to interpret Scripture.

The Bible has already been translated to English.

You don't need someone to read it for you and explain it to you, unless you have had yourself ensnared by false teachers.

We already know from Scripture itself the office that is so authorized, the office of a bishop (cf. 1st Timothy 3:1), and you don't hold that office."

The Bible is finished and written for all to see.

In the New Testament times, the New Testament was being written. It is finished a long time ago. We don't need Bishops and pastors.

Why do you go against God?

God's Truth

Idolater

I gave you scriptures of God saying what to do and what not to do.

Why is it you can't tell us how you obey?

It's in your language and you know how to read, so what is wrong with you?

Idolater

In the New Testament times, the New Testament was being written. It is finished a long time ago. We don't need Bishops and pastors.
So it is your position that the office of a bishop mentioned in Scripture was only temporary while the New Testament was being completed? Do you not see how you're interpreting Scripture in saying such a thing? So it's still your turn.

God's Truth

So it is your position that the office of a bishop mentioned in Scripture was only temporary while the New Testament was being completed? Do you not see how you're interpreting Scripture in saying such a thing? So it's still your turn.

It isn't that hard. I gave you scriptures where God said do this and don't do that.

Why can't you answer how you obey God?