Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

God's Truth

Is anyone here sick of Pate's accusations?

He will ALWAYS be on the side of lies, because he is on the side of do nothing.

Playing dead will not work.

God's Truth

I know for a fact that Pate is condemned to hell...because Jesus says. Jesus is the Word of God. What Jesus says is the Truth. God's Truth.

God's Truth

Those on the side of truth come to the truth.

Those on the side of truth do right and do what Jesus says.

Don't let anyone fool you.

It is NEVER EVER wrong to obey Jesus.

Lon

Someone who agrees with you?

You likely won't get this because you don't operate this way (but maybe?:

1) I 'think' you and I mean something different about 'agreement.'
a) I believe you mean "in my theological camp." It is a legitimate use of the term, but for me, not exclusive (I'll explain in 'b').
b) I often mean when someone just agrees with me on certain points. I know for a fact that you agree with me, and I with you on some points.
There is a trend on TOL to draw sides but more important to me is being on the side of scriptures. If I agree with someone on scriptures, I try and speak up.
2) In this case, I would likely agree with you in a comment rather than call someone out on opposing the view. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but what I mean is, I tend to simply say 'amen' rather than confrontational correcting of anyone that disagrees. That said, there are several threads where that is about all I do, like the Urantia thread.
3) Finally, there are 'in-house' arguments (orthodox) and there are ones 'beyond the bounds' as AMR calls it. Those who are Christians, I try really hard not to correct them in front of others. I may send an E-mail or do it some other way. I don't believe it fitting to correct a member in front of others if they are within orthodox bounds. I believe scriptures call for the opposite when we are dealing with heterodoxy or heresy: that we are to discuss it publically. Even at that, I try to treat the bad doctrine more than the person. With you, I believe I most often try and explain to you clearly why I believe you are biblically wrong.

Robert Pate

Banned
Those on the side of truth come to the truth.

Those on the side of truth do right and do what Jesus says.

Don't let anyone fool you.

It is NEVER EVER wrong to obey Jesus.

You are a first class hypocrite. You say, but you don't do, Matthew 23:3.

Jesus told you to sell all that you have and give it to the poor. You are supposed to love your neighbor as yourself. You have done nothing.

Jesus said that if someone asks of you give them what they want. I told you that I needed $200.00. You ignored me.

You are a fraud.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You likely won't get this because you don't operate this way (but maybe?:

1) I 'think' you and I mean something different about 'agreement.'
a) I believe you mean "in my theological camp." It is a legitimate use of the term, but for me, not exclusive (I'll explain in 'b').
b) I often mean when someone just agrees with me on certain points. I know for a fact that you agree with me, and I with you on some points.
There is a trend on TOL to draw sides but more important to me is being on the side of scriptures. If I agree with someone on scriptures, I try and speak up.
2) In this case, I would likely agree with you in a comment rather than call someone out on opposing the view. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but what I mean is, I tend to simply say 'amen' rather than confrontational correcting of anyone that disagrees. That said, there are several threads where that is about all I do, like the Urantia thread.
3) Finally, there are 'in-house' arguments (orthodox) and there are ones 'beyond the bounds' as AMR calls it. Those who are Christians, I try really hard not to correct them in front of others. I may send an E-mail or do it some other way. I don't believe it fitting to correct a member in front of others if they are within orthodox bounds. I believe scriptures call for the opposite when we are dealing with heterodoxy or heresy: that we are to discuss it publically. Even at that, I try to treat the bad doctrine more than the person. With you, I believe I most often try and explain to you clearly why I believe you are biblically wrong.

Sorry, I don't even try to understand your explanation.

I can see that many of you scholars like doctrinal debate without much of Jesus' word.

It is just strange that you guys claim to be Christians yet hardly talk about Jesus' word.

You shy away every time when I mention what Jesus says.

God's Truth

You are a first class hypocrite. You say, but you don't do, Matthew 23:3.

Jesus told you to sell all that you have and give it to the poor. You are supposed to love your neighbor as yourself. You have done nothing.

Jesus said that if someone asks of you give them what they want. I told you that I needed $200.00. You ignored me.

You are a fraud.

You are exactly what you falsely accuse me of being.
You are deceitful, you say we do not have to obey Jesus and that we cannot, and then you misuse his words as if you can hurt me.

You are in a bad way, not too much unlike the devil.

God's Truth

Pate, you do not understand what Jesus says because you do not obey him.

Jesus says he gives understanding and life to those who obey.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I love Jesus because He first loved me. That is biblical
If you're a Calvinist, then you love nothing and neither does the pretend Jesus that you believe your god is forcing your to "worship".

You're just a puppet on strings, going through the motions that your control freak deity predestined you to perform before time began.

Love is a choice that must be freely given. No such thing is possible in the Calvinist system.

Imagine that! Seriously, folks! Let that sink in for a second and then ask yourself how a whole religious sect that calls itself Christian is contradicted directly by something as central to the Christian faith as the concept of love. How can something so insanely self-contradictory keep from imploding? Why does anyone believe it? Why would anyone even want to believe it?

Resting in Him,
Clete

flintstoned

If you're a Calvinist, then you love nothing and neither does the pretend Jesus that you believe your god is forcing your to "worship".

You're just a puppet on strings, going through the motions that your control freak deity predestined you to perform before time began.

Love is a choice that must be freely given. No such thing is possible in the Calvinist system.

Imagine that! Seriously, folks! Let that sink in for a second and then ask yourself how a whole religious sect that calls itself Christian is contradicted directly by something as central to the Christian faith as the concept of love. How can something so insanely self-contradictory keep from imploding? Why does anyone believe it? Why would anyone even want to believe it?

Resting in Him,
Clete

I agree with scripture which says that we love him because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

God's Truth

I agree with scripture which says that we love him because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

God first loved 'us' is 'us' in general.

God loves His creation.

God does NOT even know you personally unless you first love Him.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

God loves those who love Him. God doesn't even know you personally if you do not obey.

God's Truth

You claim that you obey Jesus, but you don't. That makes you a hypocrite.

Sell all that you have and give to the poor if you want to obey Jesus.

Jesus doesn't tell all to sell all they have and give to the poor.

With your dumb reasoning you make the poor people the biggest sinners.