ECT There is only one Gospel

SaulToPaul 2

Gal 1
23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

Act 9
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

This is not the same as 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV), the gospel of Christ.

Rocket science, this is not.

Interplanner

Gal 1
23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

Act 9
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

That's nonsense of course, since it is in the same chapter as any other gospel is anathema. You might get a little bit more familiar with your NT before you make such a declaration. Why is it so hard for you amateurs to realize you don't know the material, but you also pontificate that there are 13 gospels? Why do you bother?

There are several sayings that all add out to the one gospel:
the son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins
Christ died, was buried and resurrected
Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God
Jesus is the Christ
In Christ, all the fulness of the Deity lived in bodily form
Whatever God promised to the fathers, he has fulfilled by raising Jesus from the dead
etc

If you don't realize the essential unity of all of above, you shouldn't be handling the material.

The Gal 1-2 passage has 3 proofs of the singular gospel; it is not a cockamanie after thought added on by me or anyone. But in this v24 case, we have the "opponents" with the other gospel saying it is the same Gospel, in the form of recounting an interaction with Paul, but you don't know what you are looking at.

I'm not impressed by Star Wars grammar when you don't know what your looking at. Try doing some real work on real grammar, OK?

SaulToPaul 2

That's nonsense of course, since it is in the same chapter as any other gospel is anathema. You might get a little bit more familiar with your NT before you make such a declaration. Why is it so hard for you amateurs to realize you don't know the material, but you also pontificate that there are 13 gospels? Why do you bother?

There are several sayings that all add out to the one gospel:
the son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins
Christ died, was buried and resurrected
Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God
Jesus is the Christ
In Christ, all the fulness of the Deity lived in bodily form
Whatever God promised to the fathers, he has fulfilled by raising Jesus from the dead
etc

If you don't realize the essential unity of all of above, you shouldn't be handling the material.

The Gal 1-2 passage has 3 proofs of the singular gospel; it is not a cockamanie after thought added on by me or anyone. But in this v24 case, we have the "opponents" with the other gospel saying it is the same Gospel, in the form of recounting an interaction with Paul, but you don't know what you are looking at.

I'm not impressed by Star Wars grammar when you don't know what your looking at. Try doing some real work on real grammar, OK?

:chuckle:

Danoh

No matter how badly you want it to be true, you cannot make the different gospels in the Bible say the same thing.

Deal with it...

I am aware at this point the following will fall on deaf ears...

Apparantly, these things ARE rocket science for you :chuckle:

There is only one, Two-Fold, gospel of Christ, in Scripture.

Those various aspects of the gospel of Christ that were prophesied since the world began, and were preached as such...

And those various aspects of the gospel of Christ that were kept secret since the world began, and were preached as such.

Yours is the result of an oversimplification on your part.

The oversimplification of taking the different labels as referring to different gospels.

Just as Inteplanner's version of an oversimplification as well, is his focus on the word "gospel" alone.

Danoh

Why wouldn't you look to Jesus' words to find your salvation?

Paul's words were an expansion on Hebrew scripture. (2 Timothy 3:16)

I take it you practice "Jesus words" in Matthew 8: 1-4 as being for you, to you, and about you?

You do not know what you are talking about...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I take it you practice "Jesus words" in Matthew 8: 1-4 as being for you, to you, and about you?

On the night before he died Jesus ushered in a new testament. (Matthew 26:28 KJV)

The NT is what we are to go by. Have you been baptized in Jesus' name for the remission of sins?

DAN P

Gal 1

Act 9

Hi amd here is what INTERPLANNER who taught a year of Greek did not check !!

The Greek word " HEARD /AKOUO means to hear by BY HERESY OR by Rumor !!

Now here is what Gal 2:18 is written by the Holy Spirit , FOR since what things I TORN DOWN , these things Rebuild Again , I constitute Myself a TRANSGRESSOR !!

You are the one that NEEDS to educate yourself !!

These is just a short answer !!

dan p

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
On the night before he died Jesus ushered in a new testament. (Matthew 26:28 KJV)

The NT is what we are to go by. Have you been baptized in Jesus' name for the remission of sins?

The problem is, Matthew was written to/pertaining to, the lost sheep of the House of Israel and not the Gentiles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What? That would imply there is only one Savior. Many on TOL look to Paul for their salvation.

Are you suggesting they are mistaken?

Paul was given the Grace Gospel by the ascended Christ. So, in essence, there's some truth in what you said. Paul is preaching Christ's Gospel. Congratulations, there's a hint of truth from you for the first time on TOL.

Danoh

I take it then that you would ignore the command in Matthew 8:1-4?