Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SondySquirrelly

That is how truth should be responded to. No questions, no accusations, no arguments. Amen.

While were are on the subject of amen. Most people you meet, who continually use the term, don't know what they are declaring. They seem to think it's something you stick at the end of a prayer.

Amen is one of only two words that can be transliterated into every language. I don't know for certain what the other is, but I'm thinking it may be halalu Yah.

"That is how truth should be responded to. No questions, no accusations, no arguments. Amen."----Truster

....and then you put forth an argument...

Why not stop there?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

SondySquirrelly

"That is how truth should be responded to. No questions, no accusations, no arguments. Amen."----Truster

....and then you put forth an argument...

Why not stop there?

But then you begin an argument:

"While were are on the subject of amen. Most people you meet, who continually use the term, don't know what they are declaring. They seem to think it's something you stick at the end of a prayer.

Amen is one of only two words that can be transliterated into every language. I don't know for certain what the other is, but I'm thinking it may be halalu Yah."
-----Trusted

Truster

But then you begin an argument:

"While were are on the subject of amen. Most people you meet, who continually use the term, don't know what they are declaring. They seem to think it's something you stick at the end of a prayer.

Amen is one of only two words that can be transliterated into every language. I don't know for certain what the other is, but I'm thinking it may be halalu Yah."
-----Trusted

That was not an argument. It was a statement.

Truster

PS If you'd turned you earlier you could have really insulted me by calling me a calvinist, but that has now been dealt with. Don't bother calling me a "REFORMER" either, because that was dealt with years ago.

I'm sure you'll come up with something so I'd better tell you now. I forgive you.

Epoisses

PS If you'd turned you earlier you could have really insulted me by calling me a calvinist, but that has now been dealt with. Don't bother calling me a "REFORMER" either, because that was dealt with years ago.

I'm sure you'll come up with something so I'd better tell you now. I forgive you.

You're a Calvinist who limits the atonement because of his limited understanding.

Epoisses

Nice try, but to late. I'm a Messianist who knows no limits that apply to the Eternal, with one exception.

But that limitation is actually a perfection.

Calvinism is the basis for Reformed, Presbyterian, Episcopal and Anglican faiths and yours as well.

popsthebuilder

I have absolutely no desire to do anything which might displease the Lord...and it was a work of God...not my own doing.

Colossians 2:10-12KJV
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.​
But I thought you said the circumcision wasn't of the spirit nor did it pertain to us?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

This is what I mean.

Ephesians 2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul says in times past, it should be in times past where we were disobedient, and in times past we walked according to the course of this world, and in times past that we had our conversation in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of our mind. These things should be in times past now that we belong to God. And we should no more be children of disobedience, but children of obedience loving God and wanting to live to do his will. And I know that we can't do it without him. But we must be willing to walk away from our flesh and this world, and then through faith and by the grace of God, God will strengthen us to overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ.
Well said

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are too busy arguing instead of uplifting. Tearing down instead of building up.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Like this?
You are DERAILING THIS THREAD WITH IMAGINED NONSENSE....IDIOT WIND.

CHECK YOURSELF.
green-jelly-icon-check-mark-150-side.png

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do admit that I do not see any need for two separate good newses.
Whether you think there is a need is of no consequence.
Paul tells us there are other gospels than the one he preaches. Gal 1:8, 2 Cor 11:4

I believe wholly in a spiritual Israel
You can believe it till the cows come home, and it still won't change the fact that GOD made promises and covenant with a literal physical earthly Israel about an earthly kingdom with an earthly throne in which their Messiah will rule on earth in the very land it was promised to take place.

Isn't it repeatedly written that there is no difference in Jew and gentile? So why would there need to be two different messages?
It's repeated in Paul's gospel because Paul's gospel is not about the kingdom of Israel.
But scripture also repeatedly tells us that the nation/kingdom of Israel is elect, chosen nation with specific land to inherit and specific promises made to that were not promised to other nations.
And one of the things those Gentiles had to do to join the nation of Israel was to be circumcised. A physical earthly fleshly circumcision.
No fleshly circumcision required in Paul's gospel.

I'm not quite getting it.
All ya gotta do is recognize things that differ. While there may be some overlapping similarities at times, it's those things that differ that makes them separate from each other.
Thus, things that differ are not the same.
When one starts to recognize the differences, and that GOD is not yet through with the nation of Israel, then one can drop all the vain attempts and jumping through hoops with theological gymnastics to try and force Paul's gospel to line up previous ones. They stand on their own and do not need to be mixed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.