Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As GT says, without repenting of our worldly ways of living there is no salvation.
Yes there is.

Jesus made that clear and so did all His apostles.
Scripture makes it very clear that GOD will save Israel because HE said HE would, and not for their sake (because they were a disobedient people that profaned HIS name), but for HIS OWN NAME sake because it was HIS oath to their fathers, and HE will keep HIS word to them.

popsthebuilder

Gospel just means good news. The good news for the Jews was that the Messiah would come and sit on David's throne...right here on earth. That was put off because Christ was rejected. The good news of Salvation is Paul's gospel. The ONE that matters because it's the one by which we are saved and given eternal life...and sealed with the Holy Spirit.
So do you think all things in scripture aren't supposed to be in there for us and do not pertain to us?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Don't tell me to slow down. I have down nothing wrong. You could have just answered the question.

Don't tell me I am too sensitive either.

Don't start judging me too.

I don't want to talk harshly to anyone whom striving to be true to Jesus.

No one is perfect and cannot accommodate everyone's feelings.

popsthebuilder

Gospel just means good news. The good news for the Jews was that the Messiah would come and sit on David's throne...right here on earth. That was put off because Christ was rejected. The good news of Salvation is Paul's gospel. The ONE that matters because it's the one by which we are saved and given eternal life...and sealed with the Holy Spirit.
I thought the good news for the Jew is that a remnant will be saved.

God's Truth

Yes there is.

Scripture makes it very clear that GOD will save Israel because HE said HE would, and not for their sake (because they were a disobedient people that profaned HIS name), but for HIS OWN NAME sake because it was HIS oath to their fathers, and HE will keep HIS word to them.

God saves us all the same way, and that is by coming to God in repentance through Jesus.

God's Truth

I don't want to talk harshly to anyone whom striving to be true to Jesus.

No one is perfect and cannot accommodate everyone's feelings.

What are you talking about? I was not harsh to him. I asked don't you believe the scripture.

That is not harsh. I ask you to stop judging me. We get enough of that from others. I do not want to hear false judgments from you too. Enough.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Does this sound harsh to you Meshak? That is what I said to him after he falsely called me spiteful all the time defensive and paranoid.

Like I said, no one is perfect, even pops.

We have to overlook the non-essentials.

Remember you and I have differences of opinions in our understanding of what Jesus says.

And remember how we treated each other. do you want that from pops too?

glorydaz

That scripture you posted is when Peter was quoting the Old Testament and explaining how Jesus coming was fulfilling that Old Testament scripture!

He was fulfilling the OT scripture when He came to sit on David's throne, too.

Acts 2:29-30KJV Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;​

But, they rejected Him, didn't they?

Acts 2:36KJV Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.​

That means, it will have to occur at a later time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay...so I do see that baptism was disregarded,
Right. Things changed. It was not the same commission.

but he said THE Gospel....like one, ya know?
Right. The gospel Paul was commissioned to teach by our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.
It was different from the gospel the 12 were commissioned to teach.
The 12 taught the gospel of the kingdom (ie. their promised restored kingdom when Christ sits on the throne of David).

You won't ever find Paul calling his gospel "gospel of the kingdom".
But the 12 call their gospel the "gospel of the kingdom" all the time.

* The gospel of the kingdom taught that all believers would heal all they laid hands on, could take up serpents and not be harmed, drink poison and not be harmed, cast out demons, etc.
Won't find that in Paul's gospel.

The gospel of the kingdom taught adherence to the law of Moses.
Paul's gospel does not.

At this present time, the gospel of the kingdom is on hold because Israel did not acknowledge their Messiah and has been temporarily blinded.
While they are now enemies of the gospel (Paul's), they are still beloved of GOD - Romans 11:28.

The gospel of the kingdom is on hold till Christ returns.
Paul's gospel is going on now during Israel's fall, and will end at the rapture, when the kingdom gospel will be preached again during Israel's exaltation and restored kingdom.
When that kingdom is restored, you will see * going on again.

In short, the kingdom gospel is during the rise of Israel, while Paul's gospel is during their (temporary) fall.

Just for starters.

popsthebuilder

Right. Things changed. It was not the same commission.

Right. The gospel Paul was commissioned to teach by our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.
It was different from the gospel the 12 were commissioned to teach.
The 12 taught the gospel of the kingdom (ie. their promised restored kingdom when Christ sits on the throne of David).

You won't ever find Paul calling his gospel "gospel of the kingdom".
But the 12 call their gospel the "gospel of the kingdom" all the time.

* The gospel of the kingdom taught that all believers would heal all they laid hands on, could take up serpents and not be harmed, drink poison and not be harmed, cast out demons, etc.
Won't find that in Paul's gospel.

The gospel of the kingdom taught adherence to the law of Moses.
Paul's gospel does not.

At this present time, the gospel of the kingdom is on hold because Israel did not acknowledge their Messiah and has been temporarily blinded.
While they are now enemies of the gospel (Paul's), they are still beloved of GOD - Romans 11:28.

The gospel of the kingdom is on hold till Christ returns.
Paul's gospel is going on now during Israel's fall, and will end at the rapture, when the kingdom gospel will be preached again during Israel's exaltation and restored kingdom.
When that kingdom is restored, you will see * going on again.

In short, the kingdom gospel is during the rise of Israel, while Paul's gospel is during their (temporary) fall.

Just for starters.
Well thank you for the explanation. It was well worded and expounded upon. I do admit that I do not see any need for two separate good newses. It doesn't even work in plural form...no, but all joking aside, I believe wholly in a spiritual Israel as all things of GOD are to do with the spiritual and it is said that GOD itself is spirit.

Thank you really though, and please don't think I blatantly disregarded your words.

Isn't it repeatedly written that there is no difference in Jew and gentile? So why would there need to be two different messages?

I'm not quite getting it. Excuse my ignorance a little more please.

peace

glorydaz

After thinking you were wholly and utterly at enmity with GOD due to your own misdirection I think it would be a blessing.

They expected the conquering King, and that would have been the good news the Apostles were preaching, and instead got the suffering servant when they crucified Him. So the conquering King will come when the times of the Gentiles has been fulfilled. Then, all Israel will be saved. That's good news.

God's Truth

Like I said, no one is perfect, even pops.

We have to overlook the non-essentials.

Remember you and I have differences of opinions in our understanding of what Jesus says.

And remember how we treated each other. do you want that from pops too?

I will stand up for myself in truth, Meshak, no matter how much you try to go against me for it.

God's Truth

He was fulfilling the OT scripture when He came to sit on David's throne, too.

Acts 2:29-30KJV Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;​

But, they rejected Him, didn't they?

Acts 2:36KJV Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.​

That means, it will have to occur at a later time.

They didn't all reject him. There is a remnant that was saved and will be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.