Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

Jerry Shugart

God the Father created all through his firstborn of all creation.

Then Paul must have been wrong when he wrote that by the Lord Jesus "were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Col.1:16).​

You either have to argue that Paul was in error or that the Lord Jesus created Himself.

Which option do you choose, Keypurr?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Jesus is the exact image of God's essential being. This cannot, of course, refer to physical likeness because God is, in essence, a Spirit. It means that in every conceivable way Christ exactly represents the Father. No closer resemblance could be possible. The Son being God, reveals to man by His words and ways exactly what God is like. (Believer's Bible Commentary)

:thumb:

Exactly!

keypurr

All creatures die so when Paul says that He is the firstborn of all creatures he is saying that the Lord Jesus is the first to be resurrected from being dead in regard to all creatures.

How could He be the firstborn of all creatures since you yourself said that He did not even come into existence until He was born of Mary?
The son that is first born is not flesh.

God created his exact image, a spirit like himself.

That spirit is Christ. Not Jesus. Jesus is the flesh son, the body needed by the spirit son. The son that became flesh in the body prepared for him. The son who was in the world and the world knew him not. Jesus did not exist until he was born but Christ existed before the heavens were made. Christ laid the foundation of the Universe. Christ dwelled in Jesus and spoke through him. Christ brought light and understanding to ud. CHRIST came down from heaven as the son of man, he is the only one who has seen God. Jesus and Christ became one.

We must believe that Christ came in the flesh to be saved.
Believe me that he indeed came and dwelled in Jesus.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Then Paul must have been wrong when he wrote that by the Lord Jesus "were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Col.1:16).​

You either have to argue that Paul was in error or that the Lord Jesus created Himself.

Which option do you choose, Keypurr?
There is no conflict Jerry, God created all through his son. The son has the fullness of the Father, he is well capable of doing the job. Where do you see a conflict?

keypurr

The Lord Jesus is the exact image of God's essential being. This cannot, of course, refer to physical likeness because God is, in essence, a Spirit. It means that in every conceivable way Christ exactly represents the Father. No closer resemblance could be possible. The Son being God, reveals to man by His words and ways exactly what God is like. (Believer's Bible Commentary)
Somehow I overlooked this post BR but I will answer it now.

God is a spirit.
Jesus was a human. Proof that Jesus is NOT the express image of God.

Simple, stright forward truth. Jesus cannot be the exact image of an invisible God. However, the spirit son can and is the exact image and it went into Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Somehow I overlooked this post BR but I will answer it now.

God is a spirit.
Jesus was a human. Proof that Jesus is NOT the express image of God.

Simple, stright forward truth. Jesus cannot be the exact image of an invisible God. However, the spirit son can and is the exact image and it went into Jesus.

GOD the Word, Christ and the Lord Jesus are one person.

The Lord Jesus is not two persons.

keypurr

This statement conflicts itself.

keypurr

You seem to dismiss that verse 16 gives contextual support to verse 15. 16 says that Jesus created all things. As Jerry has pointed out, did Jesus create Himself?
Did I not say God created Christ FIRST. Then God created everything else through Christ.

What is so hard to understand?

Read Hebrews 1, slowly, it is a very important chapter to understand. God has a Son that did the creating for him.

And look closer at the verse BR, Jesus is not named. You jus assume that it speaks of Jesus.

Jerry Shugart

There is no conflict Jerry, God created all through his son. The son has the fullness of the Father, he is well capable of doing the job. Where do you see a conflict

You say that the Lord Jesus was created. But Paul said that Jesus created all things.

So if you are right then we must believe that Paul was in error or that the Lord Jesus created Himself.

Jerry Shugart

What is the content of Hebrews 10:1-5?
Notice that a body was prepared for the son of God.

Yes, and it was the Lord Jesus who was made like us in all things:

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest" (Heb.2:17).​

But where is your evidence that a so-called Spirit Son named "Christ" was joined to the man named "Jesus"?

Last edited:

keypurr

You say that the Lord Jesus was created. But Paul said that Jesus created all things.

So if you are right then we must believe that Paul was in error or that the Lord Jesus created Himself.
Jerry, all men are creations.

The express image is NOT JESUS.

The express image of a spirit is a spirit not a man.

You need to learn that.

The Universe was not created by Jesus.

Paul says it was created by Christ. The spirit son of the most high. The express image.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No it is recorded in scripture.

Heb 1, Col 1

God created his exact image and created all through him.

You said this:

"God created his exact image, a spirit like himself."

GOD is uncreated Spirit.

It is impossible to create uncreated Spirit.

GOD is infinite being.

There cannot be another infinite being.

Infinite being has no beginning.