Russian Influence Campaign Details???

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I've seen a lot of vaguely worded assertions - has anybody seen any specific details on what the russians are supposed to have done?

ok doser

ok doser

from all the squawking going on, i expect to hear that putin himself pushed a couple of buttons and gave trump four electoral college votes that would have gone to hillary

but no, what i hear is more along the lines of "well, what we think happened was that somebody in russia posted some things on social media that made retards who would have voted for hillary into retards that ended up voting for trump"

"oh yeah, and some stuff that hillary's election campaign was trying to hide from the voters got exposed"

oh, by the way - that "recount" nonsense?

Nobody Showed Up To Jill Stein’s Wisconsin Recount Rally

Lunatic Jill Stein may demand a recount on the crowd at her Tuesday Wisconsin rally. Some of the kinder outlets put the crowd at 19, but the pictures place that total closer to zero. The Green Party psycho is still pushing her efforts for a recount of the November presidential election despite the fact that she already got a recount and it proved nothing.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/nobody-showed-up-to-jill-steins-wisconsin-recount-rally

:darwinsm:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They influenced the election by being Russian and not liking Hillary :rotfl:

Liberals have tried every single thing possible to try and call this election unfair. They've recounted, blamed Russia, scrutinized the EC, zombie voters..

Basically, they are everything we've called them over the years- unaccountable crybabies with no integrity.

fool

Hall of Fame
So;
And I'm just floating this to see if it sinks.
One way you could influence things is to show someone ahead in the polls.
the News polls I mean, not the voting polls.

I noticed in the Dem primaries that Clinton polled better than Sanders on the eve of the vote but then lost.
Like four to six points ahead and then lost.
In Michigan and I believe Wisconsin.

And then in the General Election, on the Eve of the Election she had those states by 3-4 percent, but lost by the skin of her teeth.

So if I was someone who wanted to skew things I would Brigade the polls in favor of the opponent.
Which is risky.

Mocking You

How to influence the election. Hack into the DNC email system by phishing John Podesta. Turn over your trove of emails to WikiLeaks. The week before the Democratic National Convention have WikiLeaks start leaking documents. Keep up this constant drip, drip, drip of hacked emails throughout the campaign. Show that Hillary really is as corrupt as we all suspected.

The effect is to disillusion Bernie Sanders Democrats and other Democrats so they stay at home and don't vote. Hey, Clinton's ahead in the polls, so they figure they don't need to vote. This Democrat voter staying at home is why Hillary lost Michigan, lost Wisconsin, lost Pennsylvania.

Mind, I'm not saying definitively that Trump won solely because of Russian hacking, but when you look at depressed Democratic turnout it has to be thrown into the mix. I think that Hillary was just a lousy candidate and ran a crummy campaign and the country wanted change.

ok doser

No, the media's job is to sell content and advertising.

and they thought that they'd sell more advertising with "trump is a racist!misogynist!pedophile!" stories than "hillary is corrupt!" stories?

they've certainly gotten a lot of mileage out of the "hillary should have won!" stories :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I've seen a lot of vaguely worded assertions - has anybody seen any specific details on what the russians are supposed to have done?
Specific details as in what they did? Or specific details about influence? Because I don't think anyone could try to estimate the exact influence, unless there is a poll that says a bunch of people voted for Trump because of the content of the leaked emails, or something like that. That will remain vague. And I can't recall anyone saying that Clinton would have won had Russia not interfered.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Short of actually stuffing ballot boxes why should I care if Russia tries to sway our elections?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
isn't that the media's job?

No, their job is to cheer! they are attempting to take the Rockettes job, it certainly isn't about keeping anyone accountable after all...except Trump, now they have found their purpose? Lame! :loser:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Specific details as in what they did? Or specific details about influence? Because I don't think anyone could try to estimate the exact influence, unless there is a poll that says a bunch of people voted for Trump because of the content of the leaked emails, or something like that. That will remain vague. And I can't recall anyone saying that Clinton would have won had Russia not interfered.

Do Podesta, or the DNC hold any responsibility for being hacked?

ok doser

remember back in 2008 when they looked carefully into bammy's background?

me neither