Immotal soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleos

A "soul" is a person ... only God is immortal. There is nothing about or within a person that is immortal. Like stated before (the verses are clear) ... we (the saved) receive immortality and eternal life at Jesus' 2nd coming and the (saved) dead are resurrected and the living (saved) at that time are translated/transformed and receive immortality. Then, and only then, do the saved receive immortality and eternal life.

Why would God/Jesus promise the gift of immortality (ever lasting life - eternal) if we have within us ANYTHING that is immortal?

oatmeal

If you have eternal life, you have immotile soul.

whats so difficult about it?

One of the amazing things about scripture, God's word, is that it is God's words, God's message to mankind.

God had holy men of God communicate to us what God wants us to know. II Peter 1:21

In I Thessalonians 5:23 we find that a believer is a three part being.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Those three parts being

1. spirit

2. soul

3. body

We learn that God gave to us of his spirit.

I John 4:13

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Note that He gave it to us. We did not earn it, we did not purchase it, we did barter to get it, it is a gift, hence the word, give or given.

Salvation, also referred to as eternal life is a gift.

Romans 6:23

Believers have received the gift of eternal life.

That gift of eternal life from God is spirit.

That is what I John 4:13 tells us He gave to us.

All alive human beings have body and soul.

When a body and soul person dies, the body and soul are dead.

When a person gets born again, he is now a three part being instead of a two part being.

The third part that is added is spirit.

God is eternal and God is spirit.

He gave to us of that eternal spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Could you point out where scripture refers to "eternal soul" or "immortal soul"?

I just explained and showed you what I am talking about.

Repeating the same question will not change my position.

If you accepted it, I cannot help you.

PS, you are also OSAS believer so I know you will not accept my view.

clefty

A "soul" is a person ... only God is immortal. There is nothing about or within a person that is immortal. Like stated before (the verses are clear) ... we (the saved) receive immortality and eternal life at Jesus' 2nd coming and the (saved) dead are resurrected and the living (saved) at that time are translated/transformed and receive immortality. Then, and only then, do the saved receive immortality and eternal life.

Why would God/Jesus promise the gift of immortality (ever lasting life - eternal) if we have within us ANYTHING that is immortal?

Nice.

What is ignored is that Man was NEVER created IMMORTAL but was given privilege to eat of the tree of life in the middle of the garden right next to the tree of knowledge of good and evil...so every time they ate of the first they were tempted by the other...

“Now they have become like one of US” was NOT referring to Adam and Eve’s immortality but to their knowledge of good and evil.

They did not gain that knowledge from eating the forbidden fruit but from the subsequent events having eaten it...they realized they did NOT DIE were they lied to?...that they needed covering...they hid when He came looking for them...blamed the other...witnessed Him cursing everything He made.. the animals, the very ground, her, him, their lives now work and pain, and their death...(sparing only the Sabbath its rest now needed more than ever)...

their lesson to good and evil continued with the shock of Yah KILLING not the deserving law breakers but an innocent for its skin...for His wrath to PASS OVER...the WHOLE UNIVERSE must have recoiled to the horror of death...the FIRST...its blood letting...AND BY THE CREATOR

and for them? WHO ARE THESE BEINGS? Indeed...MERCY GRACE revealed AS NEVER BEFORE...there had been no need of it

Staring at the carcass wearing their coverings NOW they had knowledge of good and evil...

Now “Behold they have become like one of US to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and LIVE FOREVER”-

So He kicked them out...placed a guard with a light saber which turned every way to prevent access to that tree of life...its immortality...

A MAN HIS SOUL IS NOT IMMORTAL...NEVER WAS

But then:

Revelations 22: “And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.(trinitarians please note only TWO thrones) 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, WAS THE TREE OF LIFE, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month.(not a roman Gregorian calendar to be sure) The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse,(nailed to the wood like He said He would) but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. (As IS the LAW) 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.(not a translated one either I imagine) 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.”

MAN IS STILL NOT IMMORTAL but given access again to LIFE ETERNAL by FAITH IN HIM HIS LAW HIS WORK...its grace and mercy revealed FOREVER...do this and live

HalleluYah

God's Truth

We are not just flesh. We are flesh and spirit.

A soul is a flesh body made alive by our spirit.

The flesh dies but a spirit cannot die.

Our spirits live on in consciousness after the death of our body.

oatmeal

I just explained and showed you what I am talking about.

Repeating the same question will not change my position.

If you accepted it, I cannot help you.

PS, you are also OSAS believer so I know you will not accept my view.

Where did you supply a verse that speaks of "eternal soul" or "immortal soul"?

which verses teach that?

Please be plain for some of us do not such insight as you do

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

which verses teach that?

You'd have a better chance of finding a rolled up one hundred dollar bill inside of a peanut than to find "insight" involving Meshak.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

which verses teach that?

Look, I am a simple Christian. I don't doubt everything that's in the Bible.

Please don't come after me just because I don't give you the answer you like.

clefty

Look, I am a simple Christian. I don't doubt everything that's in the Bible.

Please don't come after me just because I don't give you the answer you like.

Meshak you really need to let this stuff roll off you back...quack quack...He warned us we would be persecuted...

So to answer is man immoRtal the answer remains no...

Though created to live forever he was not made immortal but had to eat of the tree of life...

Think about it...to live forever meant to eat of the tree of Life...

There is no tree of life in Purgatory certainly not in Hell...and neither Souls nor Spirits have mouths to feed themselves with...we arrive into Paradise only when we are able to feed ourselves from the tree of life in order to live forever...

Now go...in peace

eleos

Nice.

What is ignored is that Man was NEVER created IMMORTAL but was given privilege to eat of the tree of life in the middle of the garden right next to the tree of knowledge of good and evil...so every time they ate of the first they were tempted by the other...

“Now they have become like one of US” was NOT referring to Adam and Eve’s immortality but to their knowledge of good and evil.

They did not gain that knowledge from eating the forbidden fruit but from the subsequent events having eaten it...they realized they did NOT DIE were they lied to?...that they needed covering...they hid when He came looking for them...blamed the other...witnessed Him cursing everything He made.. the animals, the very ground, her, him, their lives now work and pain, and their death...(sparing only the Sabbath its rest now needed more than ever)...

their lesson to good and evil continued with the shock of Yah KILLING not the deserving law breakers but an innocent for its skin...for His wrath to PASS OVER...the WHOLE UNIVERSE must have recoiled to the horror of death...the FIRST...its blood letting...AND BY THE CREATOR

and for them? WHO ARE THESE BEINGS? Indeed...MERCY GRACE revealed AS NEVER BEFORE...there had been no need of it

Staring at the carcass wearing their coverings NOW they had knowledge of good and evil...

Now “Behold they have become like one of US to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and LIVE FOREVER”-

So He kicked them out...placed a guard with a light saber which turned every way to prevent access to that tree of life...its immortality...

A MAN HIS SOUL IS NOT IMMORTAL...NEVER WAS

But then:

Revelations 22: “And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.(trinitarians please note only TWO thrones) 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, WAS THE TREE OF LIFE, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month.(not a roman Gregorian calendar to be sure) The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse,(nailed to the wood like He said He would) but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. (As IS the LAW) 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.(not a translated one either I imagine) 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.”

MAN IS STILL NOT IMMORTAL but given access again to LIFE ETERNAL by FAITH IN HIM HIS LAW HIS WORK...its grace and mercy revealed FOREVER...do this and live

HalleluYah

I agree, Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.