Similarities Between Calvinism and Islam

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What did Calvinism evolve from? Was John Calvin really a Muslim disguised as a Christian.

:rotfl:

58010861.jpg

Robert Pate

Banned
There are more similarities between your beliefs and Calvinism. The Calvinists are you half sibling...same father different mothers.

Here is what I believe.

I believe that God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and that Jesus reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You believe that God justifies the righteous and only reconciles the righteous unto God.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Here is what I believe.

I believe that God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and that Jesus reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You believe that God justifies the righteous and only reconciles the righteous unto God.

~Corinthians 6:9-10~
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Pate is both a deceiver and an apologist of lawlessness_

God's Truth

Here is what I believe.

The ungodly are the GENTILES who WERE WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD, see EPHESIANS 2:12.

Paul is not saying what you say. Paul does NOT say those who obey and repent are condemned in a false doctrine.

Paul is explaining how the Gentiles can be saved too, even though they were never obeyed God's covenant commands.

God's Truth

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I agree with that.

Robert Pate

Banned

The righteousness that you have is not of God. It is the righteousness of the Pharisees.

The only ones that will inherit the Kingdom of God are those that are perfect and complete "IN CHRIST" Colossians 2:10. You are not there.

Robert Pate

Banned
The ungodly are the GENTILES who WERE WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD, see EPHESIANS 2:12.

Paul is not saying what you say. Paul does NOT say those who obey and repent are condemned in a false doctrine.

Paul is explaining how the Gentiles can be saved too, even though they were never obeyed God's covenant commands.

You are as blind as a bat.

Everyone is a sinner, just like Paul said, Romans 3:10.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is what I believe.

It all depends on which on side of her mouth she is talking from at the moment.

She said this earlier.
ALL WERE BOUND TO DISOBEDIENCE.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

God's Truth

The righteousness that you have is not of God. It is the righteousness of the Pharisees.

The only ones that will inherit the Kingdom of God are those that are perfect and complete "IN CHRIST" Colossians 2:10. You are not there.

JESUS SAYS the Pharisees did NOT obey.

Robert Pate

Banned
JESUS SAYS the Pharisees did NOT obey.

Jesus also said that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees you shall not enter into the Kingdom of heaven, Matthew 5:20.

The Pharisees were champions of the law and religion. Some tithed right down to the mint in their gardens. Paul said that as a Pharisee he was blameless.

The only way that any ones righteousness will exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees is to be found "IN CHRIST" Colossians 2:10.

Epoisses

Grace can keep us from all those sins better than the law, ding-bat. Maybe that's why every letter in the NT says something like this: May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Grace can keep us from all those sins better than the law, ding-bat. Maybe that's why every letter in the NT says something like this: May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Cool story. Maybe you missed the part where it said DO NOT BE DECEIVED.

Go away, blasphemer.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's not a story but for those like you who never read the bible unless it is regurgitated thru some other lost soul.

I've read the Bible, and there's a reason it was followed a certain way for centuries- until now. Lost sheep of the new age, that's what you all are part of, perceiving the Scriptures in a way that best serves yourselves.

God's Truth

...and neither do you with your PetSmart people training mentality. Christianity is not a self-help course.

You said the Pharisees obeyed and you were proven wrong.

You do not know the truth because you do not do what Jesus says to do in order to receive understanding.