-the bible is not our only source of information
-the church gave us the bible
-the bible tells us about the church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
without the church
-the state might decide it is okay to kill the baby before the baby is born
-without the church
-the state might decide that marriage is just a contract between two individuals
-thank God for the church

Cruciform

I noticed that the scriptures were totally re-formed into whatever was in the mind of the person who wrote that stuff. What the writer of pro-purgatory said was made up by him and did not have anything to do with Jesus' illustration.
...according to what you've been fed by your preferred recently-invented, non-Christian Russellite sect, anyway.

KingdomRose

Er, no. Unlike you, being a JW, I don't make mistakes. Sorry you are in denial and throwing sanity after foolishness.

This is a Catholic thread, not a JW platform or discussion about wacko cults out there. I merely brought it up to say you are in denial with claims against Catholics because you wacko JW's are twice-ruined by the very things you accuse. I realize you 'need' to push your agenda, but this isn't the thread for it.

I didn't realize this was just for Catholics. The OP didn't specify.

KingdomRose

without the church
-the state might decide it is okay to kill the baby before the baby is born
-without the church
-the state might decide that marriage is just a contract between two individuals
-thank God for the church

Has it managed to stop abortions? Even now people can get abortions even when a baby can cry. The church hasn't done diddly about it.

Does the church stand up to one state after another, one country after another passing laws that legalize homosexual marriages? Haven't you noticed that the church hasn't done anything about this?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-the church gives us a place to gather in His name
-the church teaches us
-to respect life
-to respect family
-to respect marriage
-to respect our neighbor

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus suffered and died so we might be saved

That is not the whole truth about Christianity or Jesus.

without the whole truth you might be giving them false assurance.

I will start a thread about it.

so don't continue with this.

stay tuned.

HisServant

now that is just plain mean
-the church teaches us
-to respect our neighbor and other religions

It doesn't have a track record of that... why should we believe you know?

And its not mean, its historically accurate.

A zebra cannot change its stripes... deep down a lot of Roman Catholics still want to burn heretics at the stake.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
do you agree that we could not be saved
-if
-Jesus didn't suffer and die for us

that's is not all about Christianity.

the main will of God is that we live in righteous, godly, pure, peaceful and loving earth.

If we are not seeking true peace on earth, we will not seek God. and if we are not seeking this, we will distort salvation.

We need to make that clear before giving them false assurance.

Salvation is conditional. We need to have willing heart to accept God's pure loving gesture.