ECT 1 Corinthians 15:25/2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Does the scripture testify that satan is the god this world? Yes, it does. Does scripture testify that Christ is in exile, i.e., not ruling this world today? Yes, it does(a study of king David as a "type" of the Lord Jesus Christ, a king in "exile" would be profitable). Does most of this world reject the Lord Jesus Christ? Yes, it does. Is he currently reigning as "...KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS..."(Rev. 19:16 KJV), ruling with a rod of iron on earth from Jerusalem? No, He is not, and does not(He will, in the future, when the prophetic program resumes). Is the LORD God still in control? Yes, He most assuredly is. Sovereign control is not equivalent to reigning physically on earth, and in the heavenly places.

The Lord Jesus Christ is not reigning physically on earth today-we live in a Christ-rejecting world. Satan is the "god of this world" today, and if many cannot see this, and not believe what Paul, their our apostle is telling them, by command from the risen, ascended, glorified, and yes, exiled Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, not on earth, I will let them "be ignorant"(biblically, ''ignorant" does not mean 'stupid'-it means 'lack of knowledge') But He will. I cannot make them see this, nor Eph. 3:9 KJV. They cannot, and will not, distinguish between the spiritual kingdom of God, and the literal, earthly, physical kingdom of heaven on earth. The Jews were promised a literal, physical reign on earth under the Lord Jesus Christ(He will be reigning physically from Jerusalem) in resurrected bodies. This has not happened, but will happen, in spite of others' disbelief. The body of Christ has no land promise on this earth-none. The curse of Genesis will be lifted, and we will experience "…the days of heaven upon the earth…"(Deut. 11:21 KJV), "…the times of refreshing…"(Acts 3:19 KJV), including "...the times of restitution of all things…"(Acts 3:21 KJV), and this "all things" includes the restoration of both the earth and the heavenlies under the LORD God's control. The Holy Spirit is very particular in His choice of words: "In the beginning God create the heaven and the earth…," not "universe." The LORD God's purpose in Christ Jesus is to restore dominion/control of both spheres, and has designated the earth for the believing remnant of the nation Israel, as His kingdom of priests, ministers, servants, witnesses(for service), and the heavenlies for the body of Christ.

Psa 110:1 KJV does not demonstrate that the Lord Jesus Christ was seated on David's throne at the right hand of the father until all of His enemies are made His footstool. No scripture says that the Lord Jesus Christ is sitting on David's throne in heaven right now. He's in the third heaven all right, but not on David's throne. David's throne is never said to be in heavenly places/the third heaven-it was on earth.

The Lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God, therefore He is currently on God the Father's throne.

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV=will be on earth

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

NOTICE: "my throne", ie., the Lord Jesus Christ's throne, is differentiated from His Fathers's throne-"his throne."

Again, the Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that
these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

Vs.

God the Father's throne:

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he(God the Father-my note) raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20 KJV

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:."
Eph. 1:3 KJV

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Eph. 2:6 KJV

=Members of the body of Christ will sit with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies upon God the Father's throne, but kingdom members will sit upon the Lord Jesus Christ's throne on earth.

Survey Luke 19 KJV.....

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 for I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Luke 20 KJV
9 Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time. 10 And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty. 11 And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty. 12 And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out. 13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him. 14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. 15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them? 16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid. 17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? 18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

19 And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

The Lord Jesus Christ is in exile until He returns in wrath and power. He will not be on His own throne until His return to earth to reclaim His earthly Kingdom. And this will be done by force-a kingdom is always set up by force. The reign of a king is never said to be ushered in by a gradual process of world improvement; on the contrary, this reign is introduced suddenly, and with great violence/force-"set up"(see also Mt. 11:12 KJV, Mt. 24:27 KJV; Mal. 3:1 KJV; Is. 11:4 KJV, Is .19:1 KJV; John 6:15 KJV):

"And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever." Daniel 2:44 KJV

"In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land." Jeremiah 33:15 KJV

vs. the body of Christ, the church in this dispensation, is said to be gradually "built up":

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth hereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 3:9-11 KJV

"Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving." Colossians 2:7 KJV

"And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." Ephesians 2:20-22 KJV

The Lord Jesus will literally set His feet back on the Mount of Olives, as the angel in Acts 1 indicates. And thus Deut. 11:21 KJV will be fufilled:

"That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them,as the days of heaven upon the earth." Deut. 11:21 KJV

If these words are not to be viewed as literal, then I suggest we all "pack it in, go home, class dismissed-we can learn nothing from each other, and we can teaching each other nothing."

Most refuse to distinguish from the body of Christ's calling/reign to be in the heavenlies, with spiritual blessings, not physical, and not on earth, vs. Israel's calling/reign will be on earth, with their promised physical blessings. "...we are translated into His kingdom" Yes, we are considered spiritually delivered into his heavenly now, not Israel's earthly, kingdom, merely awaiting the redemption of our bodies to reign in the heavenlies. We are not Israel, and have no reign on earth, and none of Israel's land is ours:

"That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth." Deut. 11:21 KJV

David's throne is never said to be in the third heaven. Acts 2:29-32 KJV is stating, that the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ was the assurance, the promise, that, from David's loins, THE KING, the Lord Jesus Christ, would "sit on his throne", "his throne" being David's throne! This throne is on the earth, where the Lord Jesus Christ will reign over all the earth, with Israel as the head nation.Again, David's throne was on earth. It was never said to be in the third heaven.

There will be a literal, earthly, kingdom of heaven on earth, with the Lord Jesus Christ reigning on earth, despite any denials. The body of Christ's position of reign in the heavenlies is nowhere to be found outside of Paul's epistles, and was unheard of in Jewish thought in the OT. The body of Christ has no part in this earthly kingdom,and we have no land.

Last edited:

elohiym

Does the scripture testify that satan is the god this world? Yes, it does.

No, it doesn't. You are misinterpreting a scripture. The Lord Jesus Christ stated it was God blinding their eyes. He is the God of this world that has blinded their eyes, so don't assume Satan is the God of this world from that verse. It isn't a eye blinding competition between the devil and God. Only God Almighty is doing the blinding.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it doesn't. You are misinterpreting a scripture. The Lord Jesus Christ stated it was God blinding their eyes. He is the God of this world that has blinded their eyes, so don't assume Satan is the God of this world from that verse. It isn't a eye blinding competition between the devil and God. Only God Almighty is doing the blinding.
Yes he is;

2 Corinthians 4:4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Danoh

For starters...

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

2 Corinthians 2:10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

john w

Hall of Fame

Made up.

Translated: I, EllieFant, did not study what the great saint John W wrote, just skimmed it, and grinded my teeth, as all wolfies do, "cuz" I'm jealous of his greatness, wishing I had his presence, clout, charisma, following, authority, on TOL.

Poor Ellie. Sit, Ellie.

john w

Hall of Fame
For starters...

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

2 Corinthians 2:10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Yes, D, one of the central themes of "the volume of the book," is how the LORD God intends to restore His rightful rule, and reign as "the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth(Gen. 14:19-22 KJV)," which satan has usurped, as decreed by God the Father.........

Psalm 2:6 KJV Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

elohiym

Yes he is;

To whom did David pray the following?

"Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake."

Why would Satan answer David's prayer? :think:

2 Corinthians 4:4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Where does it say that Satan is the God of this world? It doesn't. You are assuming that Satan is a god because you think he's the one blinding their eyes. However, the Lord Jesus Christ told us who is blinding their eyes.

John 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Who is the He that our Lord Jesus Christ claims "blinded their eyes?" God Almighty, the ONLY God of this world. My point.

Danoh

Yes, D, one of the central themes of "the volume of the book," is how the LORD God intends to restore His rightful rule, and reign as "the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth(Gen. 14:19-22 KJV)," which satan has usurped, as decreed by God the Father.........

Psalm 2:6 KJV Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Yep.

John 19:10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

The god of this world is allowed to continue to inspire in the lost their empire building quest to "be as gods" Gen. 3:5.

elohiym

For starters...

John 12:40 isn't sufficient evidence? Seriously? Do you imagine that God and Satan are both blinding people? Now you want me to pick off every verse you throw at me even though my argument refutes the idea that Satan is the "God of this world" who is blinding their eyes?

Satan also tries to sell people bridges. :doh:

Is there anything in the world that doesn't belong to Christ? If you answer correctly "no" then you can know the devil was lying to him. You should also consider the devil was speaking to "the Lord thy God."

The human princes (rulers), not Satan, singular. Still, the Lord Jesus Christ is the King of Kings ... today!

Says nothing about Satan allegedly being the "god of this world." Sure, Satan can take advantage of people. That doesn't mean he's reigning and Christ isn't.

Already addressed and refuted. That is clearly referring to God Almighty, per John 12:40.

The "prince of the power of the air" doesn't mean that Satan reigns and Christ doesn't. You are reading ideas into scripture to support a misinterpretation of 2 Corinthians 4:4.

john w

Hall of Fame
Land/earth, baby:

According to The Holy Bible, the land in dispute, upon which the Palestinians wish to form a state, was granted to the believing remnant of the nation Israel, not us, the body of Christ. Because the LORD God has granted the land to Israel, the ownership is theirs, not ours. God's stated intention is that the regathered Israel would "dispossess" other peoples from the land designated for them. (Isaiah 54:2-3 KJV). Anyone even vaguely familiar with the covenants between the LORD God and Israel should understand that the land grants that God unilaterally conveyed upon Israel are an integral part of those covenants. This same land is being contended for by other parties who are in opposition to God’s declared intentions-the Arabs(Ishmael's family, Essau's family...............). Israel will be "...the chief of the nations..."(Jer. 31:7 KJV), on earth. on their land promised to them, not us, unconditionally by the LORD God. And replacement theology, like the actors of Islam, hold hands in this doctrine-they only disagree as to whose land it is.

The culmination of God’s redemptive plan, both spiritual and physical, will only occur in conjunction with the spiritual restoration and physical rejuvenation of Israel. This is one of the primary themes of the prophets, stated over and over in the Holy Bible. Without an appreciation for the significance of the role Israel will play in the future, one cannot properly begin to grasp God’s prophetic program, as replacement theology demonstrates.

And what would the Jews being looking towards when the Lord Jesus Christ and John the Baptist came upon the scene? The physical restoration of their kingdom! And hence- the "gospel", the "good news" of the impending kingdom ON EARTH , "the gospel of the kingdom."

The Messiah, the Christ, had appeared, and all that had been written about Him would certainly be fulfilled, and all the covenants the LORD God made with the Jews, including the land covenant, "the promises made unto the fathers"(Romans 15:8 KJV), not the body of Christ, will be fulfilled. The Holy Bible is replete with many depictions of the LORD God’s rule over all the world from Jerusalem, with the Jews as "the chief of the nations"(Jer. 31:7 KJV), a rule of justice and goodness and peace, were at the forefront of Jewish thought when the Lord Jesus Christ appeared. When the messengers of the "good news", which is "the gospel of the kingdom", proclaimed that the Kingdom was at hand, that could only mean one thing: the King was here, the Lord Jesus Christ,and it was time for Israel to assume her role as the "chief of the nations", on earth, kingdom of priests, ministers, servants, witnesses, on a land promised to her, not the body of Christ, with the King of Israel ruling over her and the world.
David was King of Judah and over all of Israel. Mary was promised that Jesus would "reign over the house of Jacob [Israel] for ever...on the throne of his father David" (Luke 1:32-33 KJV).

David’s throne was not in the third heaven, but in Jerusalem. David never ruled from the third heaven, nor will Christ rule over Israel restored to her land from the third heaven, but from earth.

As we know, all was not immediately fulfilled in His first appearance. But without question all of these prophecies will be fulfilled in His second appearance, and all covenants will be fulfilled shortly thereafter. The Lord Jesus Christs' close acquaintances understood this, asking Him just before He departed from them, "Lord, wilt at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"(Acts 1:6 KJV) These "unlearned and ignorant men"(Acts 4:13 KJV)men clearly understood that the fulfillment of the Kingdom and the restoration of Israel to the place of world preeminence are intimately connected events, and yet many self-acclaimed "religious experts", such as those in the Replacement Theology camp, do not, as intellectual dung is shoveled out at many seminaries/cemeteries. Their fallacious arguments are refuted based on a literal reading of the scriptures. But they continue their over-spiritualization of the Holy Bible, and thus, "the church" inherits the land.

Again:David was King of Judah and over all of Israel. Mary was promised that the Lord Jesus Christ would "reign over the house of Jacob for ever..."on "...the throne of his father David" (Luke 1:32-33 KJV). David’'s throne was not in the third heaven, but in Jerusalem. David never ruled from the third heaven, nor will the Lord Jesus Christ rule over Israel restored to her land from heaven, but from earth. The body of Christ will reign in the heavenlies, and has NO LAND INHERITANCE.

A rule of justice and goodness and peace on earth today,a time "...as the days of heaven upon the earth...(Deut. 11:21)? Right. And I'm Sponge Bob.

john w

Hall of Fame

Made up. Your father the devil, taught you well, way back in Genesis-corrupt the word.

Sit, Ellie.

Danoh

John 12:40 isn't sufficient evidence? Seriously? Do you imagine that God and Satan are both blinding people? Now you want me to pick off every verse you throw at me even though my argument refutes the idea that Satan is the "God of this world" who is blinding their eyes?

Satan also tries to sell people bridges. :doh:

Is there anything in the world that doesn't belong to Christ? If you answer correctly "no" then you can know the devil was lying to him. You should also consider the devil was speaking to "the Lord thy God."

The human princes (rulers), not Satan, singular. Still, the Lord Jesus Christ is the King of Kings ... today!

Says nothing about Satan allegedly being the "god of this world." Sure, Satan can take advantage of people. That doesn't mean he's reigning and Christ isn't.

Already addressed and refuted. That is clearly referring to God Almighty, per John 12:40.

The "prince of the power of the air" doesn't mean that Satan reigns and Christ doesn't. You are reading ideas into scripture to support a misinterpretation of 2 Corinthians 4:4.

Lol - you, my misinterpreting Jean Luc, friend...have been...

Assimilated!

glorydaz

Another awesome post from Saint John. :thumb:

I can remember when I couldn't figure it out, but I've never seen a better presentation. I have really appreciated the teaching you've been doing of late. It's certainly needed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To whom did David pray the following?

"Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake."

Why would Satan answer David's prayer? :think:

Where does it say that Satan is the God of this world? It doesn't. You are assuming that Satan is a god because you think he's the one blinding their eyes. However, the Lord Jesus Christ told us who is blinding their eyes.

John 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Who is the He that our Lord Jesus Christ claims "blinded their eyes?" God Almighty, the ONLY God of this world. My point.
Bad eyesight eh?

Danoh

I can remember when I couldn't figure it out, but I've never seen a better presentation. I have really appreciated the teaching you've been doing of late. It's certainly needed.

Yep. That is where the great Double-Yuh shines like few on TOL.

Hopefully, Tet, won't return; we'll be back to long posts taking up the valuable "land" that great posts like the above so wonderfully fill.

To the great Double-Yuh, when he's on track, lol

john w

Hall of Fame

Thank you, G of D, and Danoh. I attribute it to keeping the kryptonite far away!

The Lord Jesus Christ taught in Luke 19:11-27 KJV, by parable, that He was going to a far country, eg. the third heaven. He was going to that far country, not to establish a kingdom, but to receive authority for a kingdom, then to return and establish His kingdom. Contrary to what Amillennialists, and Postmillennialists for that matter, teach, the Lord Jesus Christ taught that His return will result in the establishment of His kingdom. Then what is stated in Rev. 5:10 KJV will occur: the believing remnant of the nation Israel saints shall reign on the earth, with the Lord Jesus Christ on His throne, on earth..

Therefore, as the Lord Christ Himself stated, His kingdom reign will occur at a later date. As a result, the throne of David is yet unoccupied. To believe anything else is to spiritualize otherwise clear scripture.

Danoh

Thank you, G of D, and Danoh. I attribute it to keeping the kryptonite far away!

The Lord Jesus Christ taught in Luke 19:11-27 KJV, by parable, that He was going to a far country, eg. the third heaven. He was going to that far country, not to establish a kingdom, but to receive authority for a kingdom, then to return and establish His kingdom. Contrary to what Amillennialists, and Postmillennialists for that matter, teach, the Lord Jesus Christ taught that His return will result in the establishment of His kingdom. Then what is stated in Rev. 5:10 KJV will occur: the believing remnant of the nation Israel saints shall reign on the earth, with the Lord Jesus Christ on His throne, on earth..

Therefore, as the Lord Christ Himself stated, His kingdom reign will occur at a later date. As a result, the throne of David is yet unoccupied. To believe anything else is to spiritualize otherwise clear scripture.

Yep, in line with that great post about the land is this...

Genesis 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

That walking about is a gesture of right to possesion.

Thus, we read the following regarding the Adversary...

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. 2:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.