How the Gospel Works

Cross Reference

The book of James was written more for Jews than it was for Gentiles. This is why a lot of religious people such as yourself refer to it.

Only "more for jews"? The book of James was written to all Christians as well. Get used to it. I refer to it because it speaks to me but then I am a Born again, Pentecostal Spirt filled, tongues speaking, Christian . . . . as it should speak to everyone who claims the NAme of Jesus. So again ask, "Whose we?

musterion

The book of James was written more for Jews than it was for Gentiles. This is why a lot of religious people such as yourself refer to it.

Jews, not Gentiles.

James 1:1

Same with Peter.

1 Peter 2:12, 1 Peter 4:3, 2 Peter 3:1

And John.

1 John 2:2

3 John 1:7

And Jude.

Jude 1:5

Cross Reference

We are saved for the purpose of becoming witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. You can become faithful to that purpose.

We are saved to be like Jesus; His offspring called the "body of Christ". I know where I am in the mix to know it is a process begun at the new birth from above that requires the whole life of such a Christian to succeed. I perceive, by your disposition, you believe you have already arrived.

Cross Reference

Ok Mr. Pate, You apparently don't believe I am saved so I will ask you as one who wants to be asking one who teaches the scriptures, "what must I do to be saved?"

Last edited:

jsanford108

The minute that a sinner comes to Christ to be saved by him he receives the Holy Spirit. He is also justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God then places him in Christ and only sees him in Christ, Colossians 3:3.

Why then should we ask God to "forgive us our trespasses?" If God sees us only "in Christ," then such a phrase is useless and merely empty words.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
Ok Mr. Pate, You apparently don't believe I am saved so I will ask you as one who wants to be asking one who teaches the scriptures, "what must I do to be saved?"

We have been saved by the doing and dying of Jesus, plus nothing. This is why we are justified by faith. To be justified by faith is to be justified by Christ, Romans 3:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why then should we ask God to "forgive us our trespasses?" If God sees us only "in Christ," then such a phrase is useless and merely empty words.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Asking for forgiveness of sins is for our benefit. It makes us feel better about ourselves and our relationship with Christ.

There is nothing that can separate us from the love of God, not even your sins.

Cross Reference

We have been saved by the doing and dying of Jesus, plus nothing. This is why we are justified by faith. To be justified by faith is to be justified by Christ, Romans 3:26.

So you are you saying the world has been justfied by Jesus Christ unmerited notwithstanding?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

My sins are as far from me as the east is from the west. I NOW stand before God as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. How about you?

That is what is called "cheap grace". You don't have to pay any price for your forgiveness/justification like, repenting of your sins. You can have everything for nothing. Life can go on as usual and Jesus will walk with you, while supplying all your needs. . .for nothing. . . I don't believe that is Christian speak.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
That is what is called "cheap grace". You don't have to pay any price for your forgiveness like, repenting of your sins. You can everything for nothing. Life can go on as usual and Jesus will walk with you, while supplying all your needs. . .for nothing. . . I dn't believe that is Christian.

Grace is not free because it cost Jesus everything.

Salvation is a free gift from God. It cannot be earned or deserved, Romans 5:15-18.

What you believe is not Christian is Christian. You are trying to be good enough to merit salvation.

Cross Reference

What you believe is not Christian is Christian. You are trying to be good enough to merit salvation.

My point is what I wrote: To you, IT COST NOTHING in the way of repentance very much needed in the mix! I put in caps because you apparently didn't read for understanding the need for repentance..

And you say what about good works yielding not fruit for God but self-righteousness from the individual? What is "good stewardship" all about, Bobby, if not something we will judged upon that Peter would write this to Christians: "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." 1 Peter 4:1-2 (KJV) . . . Are you there yet because this was written to those AFTER the issue of salvation had been satisfied.

Do you understand now? I.e., No repentance, no justification. "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:11,12 (KJV)

Again, written AFTER the issue of salvation had been satisfied.

Last edited:

jsanford108

Asking for forgiveness of sins is for our benefit. It makes us feel better about ourselves and our relationship with Christ.

There is nothing that can separate us from the love of God, not even your sins.

Is that why we pray, as well? To simply make us feel better?

You strip away all of God's other attributes when you reduce every action of man to simple psychological benefit, rather than obedience and submission to the Divine.

fishrovmen

The minute that a sinner comes to Christ to be saved by him he receives the Holy Spirit. He is also justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God then places him in Christ and only sees him in Christ, Colossians 3:3.

Don't you teach that God already sees "all of humanity" in Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Don't you teach that God already sees "all of humanity" in Christ?

Right, But nothing is yours until it is received by faith. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and Jesus is the "Lord of Lords and the King of Kings" Revelation 19:16.

fishrovmen

Right, But nothing is yours until it is received by faith. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and Jesus is the "Lord of Lords and the King of Kings" Revelation 19:16.

Why would God give the Holy Spirit to someone who is already "in Christ"?