ECT IS THERE REALLY ONLY ONE GOSPEL ??

DAN P

I know how that goes!
It is no biggie.
It's easy enough to see the verses meant.
I only posted what I did in case you would prefer all the verses show up as a link so folks can hover over it.

Hi and I got every ONE to WAKE UP , just love my OP !!

dan p

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Who are all those other gospels about?
They are about a WHAT. That is WHY the scripture says "the gospel OF" and then DESCRIBES the WHAT.

I know that you cannot understand this.

The gospel OF THE KINGDOM is the GOOD NEWS of the KINGDOM.

The gospel OF THE GRACE OF GOD is the GOOD NEWS of the GRACE OF GOD.

By trying to make these IDENTICAL in EVERY WAY, you make a mockery of the scripture.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and see you reply , so how can a person by SAVED under the NEW COVENANT TODAY ??
Paul was saved in the same manner as are all believers: faith granted by God in the object of our faith, our Lord Jesus Christ, by the efficacious quickening power of the Holy Spirit.

The New Covenant is an administration of the CoG wherein the foreshadows and promises of the past are now realized in Our Lord. The NC has no dependencies upon uncertain conditions, but rather the realized satisfaction and suretyship of Jesus Christ.

New Covenant administration represents the ultimate expression of God’s single eternal Covenant of Grace (Hebrews 13:20). That said, the road was the same on which believers in the Old and the New Testaments walked, but the light in which they walked was different. So in a sense we can say that those experiencing the New Covenant have better promises (Hebrews 8:6), a better sacrifice (Hebrews 9:23), a better High Priest with a better sanctuary (Hebrews 7:26-8:13), and a better hope than what was found in the former explicit OT expressions of the Covenant of Grace.

When I speak of the New Covenant, I do not mean what is known as New Covenant Theology (NCT) as you are likely trying to argue. NCT differs from Covenant Theology in denying the covenants of works, grace, and redemption, and in asserting the temporary nature of the Mosaic Law.

Specific differences between New Covenant Theology (NCT) and Covenant Theology (CT) include:

1. Denial of the Covenant of Works
2. Denial of the Covenant of Grace
3. NCT's view of the relations between the historic covenant arrangements of redemptive history are quite dispensational. There is no appreciation for the unity of the Covenant of Grace, or the fact that we belong to one and the same covenant as Abraham.
4. Affirmation of the unity of the Mosaic Law, i.e., the Mosaic Law as a unit that cannot be divided, Thus, NCT rejects a functional distinction between moral, civil, and ceremonial aspects of the Mosaic Law.
5. Affirmation of the expiration of the Mosaic Law which is no longer operative for Christians today
6. Denies the threefold categorization of Biblical law: moral, ceremonial, and civil.
7. Teaching that Christians are under only the Law of Christ, i.e., commands given by Christ and His Apostles
8. Affirmation that the church began at Pentecost, that there is no church in the Old Testament, but only the elect of Israel. NCT sees the saints of the OT as being added to the church after it's built.
9. Rejection of the normative aspect of the 4th commandment wherein "Let no one judge you," of Col.2:16, is read as the equivalent of "the 4th Commandment is obsolete."
10. Deny the indwelling of the Spirit of believers in the OT was not the same as in the NT (as Jesus would send the comforter).

By the way, you completely ignored the substance of my previous post related to just thinking the Gospel is mere incantations of sentences without addressing the presuppositions contained therein.

AMR

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They are about a WHAT. That is WHY the scripture says "the gospel OF" and then DESCRIBES the WHAT.

"Whats" cannot save. Only the Saviour Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does save.

The message is all about Him, and from Him.

I know that you cannot understand this.

The gospel OF THE KINGDOM is the GOOD NEWS of the KINGDOM.

The gospel OF THE GRACE OF GOD is the GOOD NEWS of the GRACE OF GOD.

By trying to make these IDENTICAL in EVERY WAY, you make a mockery of the scripture.

Both the Kingdom of God and the Grace of God are part and parcel of the Gospel of God, that is realized through the Son of God alone.

But I know you cannot understand, because you have been deluded by Dispensationalism that focuses on the nation of Israel, rather than centering on salvation in and through Jesus Christ.

DAN P

Paul was saved in the same manner as are all believers: faith granted by God in the object of our faith, our Lord Jesus Christ, by the efficacious quickening power of the Holy Spirit.

The New Covenant is an administration of the CoG wherein the foreshadows and promises of the past are now realized in Our Lord. The NC has no dependencies upon uncertain conditions, but rather the realized satisfaction and suretyship of Jesus Christ.

New Covenant administration represents the ultimate expression of God’s single eternal Covenant of Grace (Hebrews 13:20). That said, the road was the same on which believers in the Old and the New Testaments walked, but the light in which they walked was different. So in a sense we can say that those experiencing the New Covenant have better promises (Hebrews 8:6), a better sacrifice (Hebrews 9:23), a better High Priest with a better sanctuary (Hebrews 7:26-8:13), and a better hope than what was found in the former explicit OT expressions of the Covenant of Grace.

When I speak of the New Covenant, I do not mean what is known as New Covenant Theology (NCT) as you are likely trying to argue. NCT differs from Covenant Theology in denying the covenants of works, grace, and redemption, and in asserting the temporary nature of the Mosaic Law.

Specific differences between New Covenant Theology (NCT) and Covenant Theology (CT) include:

1. Denial of the Covenant of Works
2. Denial of the Covenant of Grace
3. NCT's view of the relations between the historic covenant arrangements of redemptive history are quite dispensational. There is no appreciation for the unity of the Covenant of Grace, or the fact that we belong to one and the same covenant as Abraham.
4. Affirmation of the unity of the Mosaic Law, i.e., the Mosaic Law as a unit that cannot be divided, Thus, NCT rejects a functional distinction between moral, civil, and ceremonial aspects of the Mosaic Law.
5. Affirmation of the expiration of the Mosaic Law which is no longer operative for Christians today
6. Denies the threefold categorization of Biblical law: moral, ceremonial, and civil.
7. Teaching that Christians are under only the Law of Christ, i.e., commands given by Christ and His Apostles
8. Affirmation that the church began at Pentecost, that there is no church in the Old Testament, but only the elect of Israel. NCT sees the saints of the OT as being added to the church after it's built.
9. Rejection of the normative aspect of the 4th commandment wherein "Let no one judge you," of Col.2:16, is read as the equivalent of "the 4th Commandment is obsolete."
10. Deny the indwelling of the Spirit of believers in the OT was not the same as in the NT (as Jesus would send the comforter).

AMR

Hi and Heb 8:8 makes your reply VOID !!

How Paul was saved was not addressed at all !!

Will you agree that Ezek 36: 24_38 is the NEW COVENANT or explain Jer 31:33-40 ??

You have no answer at ALL !!

Nor have you explained Acts 9:6 !!

Or maybe explain 1 Cor 12:3 IF you can ??

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
"Whats" cannot save. Only the Saviour Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does save.
I never said that they could, oh illogical one.

The message is all about Him, and from Him.
There are many messages. Or are you going to claim that there is only one "message" and start capitalizing it too?

Both the Kingdom of God and the Grace of God are part and parcel of the Gospel of God, that is realized through the Son of God alone.
Indeed, there is good news ABOUT the kingdom AND there is good news ABOUT God's grace. There is NO reason to MASH them and pretend like every ASPECT of God's dealings with mankind can be FORCED to be "the Gospel".

But I know you cannot understand, because you have been deluded by Dispensationalism that focuses on the nation of Israel, rather than centering on salvation in and through Jesus Christ.
Once AGAIN, you completely MISREPRESENT what we say. This makes you a LIAR.

I do NOT "focus on the nation of Israel". I simply RESPECT God's choice of a people on the earth who are CURRENTLY set aside while God dispenses His grace FREELY to ALL WITHOUT DISTINCTION.

You BUTCHER the scripture with your fairy tale.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John wrote that Israel needed to be born again. Could, say, Nicodemus have been born again by believing Christ died for his sins, was buried, and rose again for his justification?

Nicodemus has not been born into an immortal Spirit body.

"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

Right Divider

Body part
You made that "only one piece of good news" in the bible up, Clavinist. If there were, then, per Luke 9:6 KJV, you would have Judas as preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15;1-4 KJV, which is satanic. as the LORD God never taught you that.
That is a might curious john w, why these one gospel folks are preaching the gospel but not healing everyone....

Luke 9:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Acts 5:12-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:12) ¶ And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (5:13) And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. (5:14) And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) (5:15) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (5:16) There came also a multitude [out] of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Perhaps they lack faith.

john w

Hall of Fame
That is a might curious john w, why these one gospel folks are preaching the gospel but not healing everyone....

Luke 9:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Acts 5:12-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:12) ¶ And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (5:13) And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. (5:14) And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) (5:15) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid [them] on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (5:16) There came also a multitude [out] of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Perhaps they lack faith.

Agreed, RD-or, they are disingenuous frauds, charlatans, having been drugged up, by their pastor, priest, minister, bishop, nun, pope, TV preacher/"evangelist," who have 14 titles before and after their names, to recite, as good drones, "Don't listen to those dispy wackos, who rightly divide the word of truth, as there is/has only been, just one gospel/church/faith/temple/heaven/baptism......................................................... "

Cricket....cricket....cricket...

DAN P

You made that "only one piece of good news" in the bible up, Clavinist. If there were, then, per Luke 9:6 KJV, you would have Judas as preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15;1-4 KJV, which is satanic. as the LORD God never taught you that.

Hi and AMR skated away , and does not surprised me , one bit of smoke and no FIRE !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The OP is confusing the different dispensations (and adding some) with the overriding fact that none from any dispensation for the living, can be saved except through the blood of Christ, the one gospel of Christ.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

LA

DAN P

The OP is confusing the different dispensations (and adding some) with the overriding fact that none from any dispensation for the living, can be saved except through the blood of Christ, the one gospel of Christ.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

LA

Hi and I have to leave now , BUT can you explain Heb 9:15 and it's exact meaning ?

You have plenty of time to TRY and figure out what Heb 9:15 means !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
and they were healed every one

God doesn't do for us what we can do for ourselves.

He is not our servant.

Since the first century there have been some advances in medical science.

God expects us to use what he has made available to us.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and I have to leave now , BUT can you explain Heb 9:15 and it's exact meaning ?

You have plenty of time to TRY and figure out what Heb 9:15 means !!

dan p

The exact meaning is--

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The exact meaning is--

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance

:thumb: