Lake of Fire Parable

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Many waters [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 17:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 43:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

[FONT=&quot]Revelation 19:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 17:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 20:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 21:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Lake of Fire" is parabolic for a body of people being judged.[/FONT]

CherubRam

I suspect that many are mentally impaired and are unable to discern what are facts. The term and use of parables seems to elude many people.

Ben Masada

The reward is eternal life. The punishment is eternal death.

There is nothing eternal about man; neither eternal life nor eternal death. When Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, the reason was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. The meaning was that eternal life could never be shared with man for only God is eternal. (Genesis 3:22,23)

CherubRam

There is nothing eternal about man; neither eternal life nor eternal death. When Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, the reason was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. The meaning was that eternal life could never be shared with man for only God is eternal. (Genesis 3:22,23)

You have said nothing to indicate that you are a real Jew. I suspect that maybe you are nothing but a troll.

CherubRam

just because someone doesn't believe the same thing you are means they are mentally impaired. Everyone has cognitive dissonance and sometimes things just don't add up for an individual.
Simply mistaken is one thing, and unable to follow instructions is another.

Bradley D

I see the "lake of fire" as being used to describe how bad hell will be. Human beings are fearful of fire because of the great pain it afflicts upon the skin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I see the "lake of fire" as being used to describe how bad hell will be. Human beings are fearful of fire because of the great pain it afflicts upon the skin.

Are dead people really human beings? Or are they simply lifeless bodies?

CherubRam

Did you read post #1 before you posted?

Death is a state of being. There are two deaths. The first death is called soul sleep. In the final judgement everyone is brought back into being for the final judgement. The sheep obtain life immortal, and the goats are cut off from their lives forever. The LAKE as a parable represents a body of people, just like other places in the bible where bodies of water represents different groups of people. As for the word FIRE, it is often used in different forms to mean JUDGEMENT.

It is believed that people who can not come to terms with the use of parables in the bible, that they are the ones perishing. It is thought that they are spiritually blind because they can not understand what is actually being said.

Isaiah 6:9
He said, “Go and tell this people: “‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’

beameup

Humans will live eternally with a Holy God in a Holy place if they have been reconciled with God.
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit Isaiah 57:15

God has planted eternity in the heart of man; God has an eternal plan for man.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set eternity [`owlam] in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Psalm 101

Timotheos

The lake of fire is a parable? So I guess theres no punishment for being evil or something?

The lake of fire is the second death. The punishment for being evil is death. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. The parable of the lake of fire communicates the truth that the wicked will be destroyed on Judgment Day.

Bradley D

Are dead people really human beings? Or are they simply lifeless bodies?

Many believe the dead body will rise again for Judgment.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

Timotheos

Many believe the dead body will rise again for Judgment.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

Exactly.

The wicked will be resurrected for judgment and then they will be destroyed, both soul and body. Only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will inherit eternal life.

musterion

"Smoke of torment rising up forever" implies a fate very different from "smoke of destruction rising up forever."

Status
Not open for further replies.