Trumping While Black

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Historically Black College Marching Band Takes Heat for Playing Trump Inauguration by Jerome Hudson | Breitbart] "The marching band of Talladega College, Alabama’s oldest private historically black college, is set to perform at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, causing outrage and backlash from some of the school’s former students.

“We were a bit horrified to hear of the invitation,” Talladega alumni Shirley Ferrill told the Associated Press. “I don’t want my alma mater to give the appearance of supporting him. Ignore, decline or whatever, but please don’t send our band out in our name to do that.”

The Presidential Inaugural Committee announced the news Friday that some 40 groups, including high school bands and military organizations, were accepted to perform in the inaugural parade.

Talladega College Marching Tornadoes’ decision to perform at the prestigious event quickly consumed the college’s social media sites.

“The news that Talladega College has forgotten its steady and proud 150 years of history, by making the decision to not stand in solidarity with other clear-eyed and courageous people, academic institutions, and organizations, protesting the inauguration of one of the most antagonistic, hatred-spewing, unrepentant racists, has simply and unequivocally broken my heart today,” wrote Nikky Finney, a 1979 graduate of Talladega, who’s now chair of creative writing and southern studies at the University of South Carolina.

“This should have been a teachable moment for the President of Talladega College instead it has become a moment of divisiveness and shame,” Finney wrote..." :sozo2: Full text: Historically Black College Marching Band Takes Heat for Playing Trump Inauguration Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10 more

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
[Historically Black College Marching Band Takes Heat for Playing Trump Inauguration by Jerome Hudson | Breitbart] "The marching band of Talladega College, Alabama’s oldest private historically black college, is set to perform at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, causing outrage and backlash from some of the school’s former students.

“We were a bit horrified to hear of the invitation,” Talladega alumni Shirley Ferrill told the Associated Press. “I don’t want my alma mater to give the appearance of supporting him. Ignore, decline or whatever, but please don’t send our band out in our name to do that.”...

I wonder if the Nazi/racist Alt Right movement which supported Donald Trump will have a marching band? (Silly me, of course they do) :

NWMwMzdmNzYzYyMvVERLSHBZbnE4b09zV0E1amduUVJlLXZoR29jPS8yNngyOjIzNzR4MTE5OC8xMjgweDYyMC9maWx0ZXJzOnF1YWxpdHkoNzUpL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL3N5MndybzJuc2E4bmd6dXMzNnRhb3drNWZjZGNnN2pzanN5eG5yZWZwOGR4eTlxdTUyZ3dyamtwcG5ubmRzbWkuanBn.jpg

Gee, I wonder why Black Americans like Shirley Ferrill are concerned?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You never hear Alt Left :sozo2: (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :think:

As I pointed out in another thread, the Neo Nazi movement (i.e. the Alt Right) is the Left.

Nazi Germany =
govt health care
Govt day care
gun control
baby bonus checks
mandated vacation time
closed all private & religious schools
closed boy scouts & all had to be Hitler youth
controlled wages and had 100% control of all business
Nazi propaganda release ” we owe it to the Fuhrer
http://historyhalf.com/hitler-in-context/

Sounds left wing to me