ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drbrumley

Something went wrong with Billy's message a few years before he passed away the other day. His message became more of a "Universal message" that seemed to include other belief systems and the theory that, even if you didn't know about Christ, you could be saved, anyway. I was shocked to hear him preaching these "Untruths." He had always been my favorite Evangelist, the only Evangelist so far as I was concerned. However, I kind of changed my mind about him towards the end part of his Ministry. Franklin Graham (Billy's Son) is doing FANTASTIC.

I have never heard him say if you didn't know about Christ, you could be saved. That's new to me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Billy is obviously speaking of a "Universal belief system," where people of other faiths can enter eternal life. Sort of like what Oprey Winfrey believes about; "Other ways to get to Heaven other than, by Jesus."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some of the people that were around Billy said that he had believed the same way since the 1960s. That can be very disturbing, to say the least.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These things Billy "Believed and spoke of" would be hard to believe if we didn't hear them from his own mouth. Believe me, I've been a faithful listener/follower of Billy's since I was a teenager in the 1960s. I first heard this stuff on the Radio when I lived in California a number of years ago.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have a friend who I've known for 30 years or more. We used to attend the same Church. When I told him about what Billy was teaching, he REFUSED to believe me, because, he got saved through one of Billy's Crusades.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's one thing to hear some "Scuttlebutt" about somebody which might be "Baloney," however, it's different when you hear it from the source.

glorydaz

Grace has always been conditional.
Grace: A gift given by a sovereign as a reward to one of his subjects when that subject has done something that pleases the sovereign.
Salvation is a gift God gives when He is pleased, and our faith from our free will, is how to please God.

What pleases God is that we believe...yes, faith pleases Him.

glorydaz

I have a friend who I've known for 30 years or more. We used to attend the same Church. When I told him about what Billy was teaching, he REFUSED to believe me, because, he got saved through one of Billy's Crusades.

It just goes to show that people can be saved even when the preacher adds something to the simple Gospel. Over time, those who are saved have more of the truth revealed to them through reading the Scripture.

Danoh

As usual, the hybrids as so called "MADs" within actual MAD mis-read into the words of another, and then follow that with more of their ignorance

I have yet to meet such incompetence within actual Mid-Acts.

You hybrids are something else.

The following is...

"Billy Graham's Last Message to America & the World...listen carefully..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TMuee7Ir8&app=desktop

Rest in peace dear BROTHER Graham; see you again, one day.

In memory of Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God can use any of us to share His Gospel. We all have our own weaknesses and limitations, however, becoming a member of the "Body of Christ" is a "Spiritual work of the Holy Spirit." That's an important reason why we should NEVER place ALL of our confidence in one single man or woman. Billy Graham, for instance.

glorydaz

God can use any of us to share His Gospel. We all have our own weaknesses and limitations, however, becoming a member of the "Body of Christ" is a "Spiritual work of the Holy Spirit." That's an important reason why we should NEVER place ALL of our confidence in one single man or woman. Billy Graham, for instance.

Exactly. :thumb:

drbrumley

You are mistaken in thinking this has to do with dispensations (economies).
The Bible speaks often of covenants, and the covenants from the Bible are where any divisions in the Bible must be drawn.
The covenant the children of Israel was given includes the laws of the sacrifices, including specifying that the sacrifices were only to be made in the tabernacle in Leviticus 17.

I see. Since you brought up the "covenants," I am to assume you are of the belief that the church has existed from the beginning of the human race to the present and that this is the final dispensation, (epochs, whatever you want to call it) of the church? And we are really spiritual Jews? :think: