Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

If you read that verse in context, you might understand what Paul is saying. He is explaining how circumcision is only a matter of keeping commandments, so being circumcised or uncircumcised doesn't matter.

1 Cor. 7:18-20 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.​

This i don't agree with you on that, Paul clearly means that we are to keep the commandments of God. And this is taught right through the Bible in the old and new testaments.

Again, you need to read these verses in context. Paul is explaining the purpose of the law was to lead men to Christ through faith. So the law is established by faith.

Thus we see boasting is excluded by the law of faith.....BECAUSE, man is justified by faith WITHOUT the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:27-28 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.​

Yes, so, how is the law established by faith. It's established if we have true faith and that's not just saying "i believe" with the mouth. If we have true faith then we will follow Jesus and obey God. Paul also said that those who are born of God have the laws written in their hearts and in their minds, they wouldn't be in our hearts and minds of we didn't have to obey them.

Through faith we believe and follow Jesus, and once we are born of God we are taught and guided from within by the Spirit, the Spirit will always teach us to do what's right before God and he will teach us daily to turn from sin and Christ by the Spirit will strengthen us to overcome, if we are willing to lay down our lives and do the will of God.

If we say we believe in God, and are still living by the lusts of our flesh, and we don't listen to our conscience and we are not trying to turn from sin to do the will of God, then there is something wrong. Because the Holy Spirit should be giving us a strong conscience and he'll be showing us what's right and what is wrong to do before God. If we aren't listening to him and obeying God, then we're in trouble and we need to call on God to help us and strengthen us to fight our flesh and the wiles of Satan. We have a choice every day, obey God and live by his will, or obey satan and live by the lusts of our flesh. And if we are born of God, then the Holy Spirit will be teaching us the truth and strengthening us from within.

Once we are born of God and we are walking in the Spirit, then we should be turning from wilfully sinning. And Jesus said that those who don't do the will of God, are workers of iniquity and they are in danger of him saying "depart from me i never knew you"

It's not a do nothing gospel, we are to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

Last edited:

marhig

NO, His name is called the Word of God. If you deny the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, you have NO Saviour, for God says He is the only Saviour. Which verses are you going to throw out to make your denial work? :nono:

Instead of talking about what you think you know, go back and read what the RISEN Lord revealed to Paul. Aren't you curious to know what the Risen Lord told Paul about the GIFT? You can't earn it, you can't be good enough.
Show me where it says in the Bible that i have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

God's Truth

Nope, that's your fall back position, but those ceremonies never made anyone righteous.

God said the blood of animals was to atone for their souls. Doing what God says---that is rightousness

It made the people outwardly clean.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

The commandments had to be kept perfectly before Christ came. He is the ONE that kept them perfectly, that's why righteousness comes from the ONE. And you are not that one.

There are people who kept the commands perfectly.
Jesus says so.

Luke 1:6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commands and decrees blamelessly.

People could keep the law blamelessly, it does not mean they did not ever sin, but they could keep the law.

The concept of the righteousness of faith is so often rejected by the natural man because he wants to take credit for what only Christ could do.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he saves, he says he saves those who obey.

You can't shame me for preaching obedience and for saying I obey.

Boasting is excluded, but you still boast of your own obedience.

Paul tells us how he boasted in his obedience and how we can boast in each others obedience.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10; 2 Corinthians 12:6; Acts 23:1; 1 Corinthians 9:15.

The Jews used to be able to boast in their ceremonial/purification works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the ceremonial works to boast in, they boasted in those they circumcised too.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

We are made righteous by having faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

glorydaz

The law was not based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith;

This is how you twist scripture. You twist what you hear.
I said the purpose of the law was to lead men to Christ through faith.

This is NOT speaking of the ceremonial laws (as you claim) which were not meant to lead people anywhere. :nono:

But the commandments had a purpose....to lead us to Christ. They were given to show men their sin, find them guilty and in need of a Saviour. And we see that here.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

glorydaz

God said the blood of animals was to atone for their souls. Doing what God says---that is rightousness

We are made righteous by having faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

You're a lost cause....you refuse to listen and you fancy yourself a teacher. That is a dangerous blend when you make yourself an enemy of the cross.

Truster

Yes , i said you have to have the experience of having the Mind of Christ to know what it is. And now you choose this statement to not fulfill my request.

My posts have the intention of enlightening the saints as to what has happened in their regeneration. Those that read what I have said will recognise it and rejoice. The doctrines of the effects of grace are not divulged to titivate the inquisitive. The posts are not a show or spectacle. Posting on this site has its difficulties and I am very selective of what, to whom and why I present some doctrines. Four years ago I set up a FB page to allow private conversations between myself and those that I could tell had been converted. That page lays dormant.

Satan has his henchmen and women on this site and once they sense an ounce of truth being spoken they come in like wolves to tear it and the messenger apart. They love to put evil for good and darkness for light. It is the prince of the power of the air working in them that is the root cause of what they say.

The doctrines of grace and the doctrines of the effects of grace, the mechanics if you like, are in and of the Holy Spirit. The application of redemption is by Him the power in regeneration is in Him and the identifying knowledge of what happened is only found in Him. If He has converted, regenerated and is in the process of ongoing sanctification. He will, He must and He can teach all those in His care. He can teach the most uneducated, ignorant, unlearned men and I am certainly proof of that.

Finally, if a person has been converted then they will have an insatiable desire for the scriptures and the doctrines found within. Nothing will take the place in the heart* in preference to sitting in the school of Messiah, Christs School.

* heart. Not the blood pump.

PS the day you stop accusing me and in me Him is possibly the day you get an answer. Accusations of evil do not and never will prompt the teachings from the Holy Spirit. Accusations of evil intents, thoughts words and deeds are blasphemies against the Holy Spirit when directed at the work He is dong in the saints.

Truster

I gave you a glimpse of Christ in the other thread. Thats your wake up call , don't take it lightly.

You say what? You gave me a glimpse of Messiah? I know Him and when I hear His voice I sit up and listen. I haven't heard Him through you.

God's Truth

This is how you twist scripture. You twist what you hear.
I said the purpose of the law was to lead men to Christ through faith.

The old law was not based on faith. The old law was a teaching tool and a shadow.

This is NOT speaking of the ceremonial laws (as you claim) which were not meant to lead people anywhere. :nono:

The ceremonial works were the shadow of Christ.

Colossians 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

After that faith has come and not everyone had faith in Jesus because the law was not based on faith and the Jews wanted to keep working at cleaning themselves instead of having faith that Jesus' blood cleans them.

glorydaz

Show me where it says in the Bible that i have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

It's all throughout the Bible. If Jesus Christ isn't God, you have no Saviour.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no Saviour beside me.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.​

John 20:28-29 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.​

Every cult says the same....Jesus Christ is a lesser god.

Saxon Hammer

This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

There is nothing you have to say that I need nor want to hear. You can't hear the truth and you hate the truth, because it glorifies Messiah and puts man and his works in the dust.

This is a very aggressive attitude and you damn others without cause and your gross over-simplification of others makes your net very wide.

God's Truth

Yes, you are. You are claiming your obedience is what saves you. You even claim your obedience is why Jesus chose you. There is only room for one Saviour on the cross, and He is to get all the glory.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Truster

This is a very aggressive attitude and you damn others without cause and your gross over-simplification of others makes your net very wide.

Coming from you I consider your words a blessing. You are of course calling good evil...tread very carefully, because your feet maybe set in slippery places.

Truster

By the way; I hold to no denominational divisions. If a branch is divided from the vine it will surely die.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

All false teachings originate in the pit and are passed through denominations. Your lies and in them your accusations have come in that way.

marhig

It's all throughout the Bible. If Jesus Christ isn't God, you have no Saviour.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no Saviour beside me.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.​

John 20:28-29 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.​

Every cult says the same....Jesus Christ is a lesser god.
Why can't you see that it's God in Christ, not that Christ is God? Paul even said that the head of Christ is God!

Nowhere does it say in the Bible that i must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. But that i must believe that Jesus is the son of God and believe in the gospel. A gospel that you reject as not being for you saying that it's only for the Jews! No it isn't, the gospel that Jesus preached is for all of us!

Truster

If your religion or your hope in salvation is based on anything you have said, done or obeyed then you are building on sand.

If your salvation is based on what has been done for you, to you and on your behalf and your trust is in Yah Shua Messiah having pleased the Father, then you have the makings of a solid foundation.

If you have built on this by making your calling and election sure then you would recognise, know and love the truth that has set you free.

Historically, most people on here hate the truth, deny the truth and abuse those that post the truth. You should know, for an absolute certainty, that if this is the case with you then you have been deluded. You are in the broad way that leads to destruction. The righteous acts you perform are an abomination. When your dread comes, and it will come, He will laugh at you.

I also shall laugh at your calamity;
I shall deride when your dread cometh;
when your dread cometh as devastation
and your calamity cometh as a hurricane;
when tribulation and distress
cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon Me,
but I shall not answer;
they shall seek me early,
but they shall not find me:
for that they hated knowledge,
and did not choose the awe of Yah Veh:
they willed none of my counsel:
they scorned all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat the fruit of their own way,
and be satiated with their own counsels.
For the apostasy of the gullible
shall slaughter them,
and the serenity of fools shall destroy them.

But whoso hearkeneth unto me
shall tabernacle confidently
and shall relax from dread of evil.

If your religion is not based on "your" personal experience and knowing the effects of having been: Redeemed, justified, converted, regenerated and living a life of trust and repentance, the end of which is sanctification, then you have not Messiah, you are none of His. You will hear the words, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity". Your religion is sin. Your intents, thoughts, words and deeds are sinful.

Truster

PS I have quoted and or drawn doctrine from at least 13 verses in the above post. Those that know and love the scriptures will recognise most if not all of them. Those that put darkness for light will accuse me of lying, twisting the scriptures or simply making it all up.

Saxon Hammer

Coming from you I consider your words a blessing. You are of course calling good evil...tread very carefully, because your feet maybe set in slippery places.

They were meant as a blessing in the hope that you might see a reflection of your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.