ECT Classical Vs. Biblical Original Sin - Interlude & DIRECT ASSAULT (Part 3) :execute:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh yeah. :chuckle:

Here is the original full post.

I leave the details to the Judge (Gen. 18:25), but if someone rejects and renounces Christ and is no different than their former state of godless unbelief, they are not a believer by definition (unbelieving believer is a contradiction in terms, oxymoron).

You divorce salvation from ongoing relationship and being in Christ, the condition for eternal life (since it is in Him alone, not apart from Him I Jn. 5:11-13 present, continuous tenses). You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God (judgment starts with the house of God; Ananias and Sapp were struck down; I Cor. and I Jn. has temporal judgment of believer's sin by death).

Unbelief puts one outside of Christ and is the antithesis of saving faith, so the new reality of apostasy brings in new contingencies if persisted in.

glorydaz

There is a difference between guilt and holding said guilt to one's account, where there is either no law to point it out to said individual, or said individual does not yet know left from right.

But there it is, nevertheless is...indwelling sin.

Thus, the death by sin.

And thus, why Christ died.

Sin lies at the door until you invite it in. Sin entered the world, it doesn't enter into man until man entertains it.

glorydaz

The Ezekiel 18 death was a stoning.

Case in point; they were not in the habit of stoning someone's offspring, for their parent's adultry.

I can tell you haven't read the chapter. It's not talking about a single act of stoning for one offense, but a long list of inquities, and then a turning from them. Did that happen with the stonings? Were they able to mend their ways in order to avoid it?

Read it again, and this time read chapter 17.

Then tell me that this is about stoning under the law, and physical death.

Ezek. 18:26-28 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.​

glorydaz

OK then why do babies die if they are sinless kinda contradicts scripture? Everyone is born with Adam's nature just like scripture says.

All men are born with an earthly physical body and a human nature.

Babies die (physically) for the same reason we all die. When Adam sinned, man was cut off from the tree of life. God made it clear that man would return to the dust of the ground, and with good reason, I would say, for flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. We need to go into the ground when we die, and be resurrected with a new spiritual body.

Have you ever wondered why scripture does not say" In Eve all die " since she was deceived and not Adam? The reason all die in Adam is because Adam was the federal head of mankind.

I believe Paul answers that here. Adam was the first man, earthly, and Christ was the second man, heavenly.

1 Cor. 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.​

1 Cor. 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.​

By the first man, came death, and by the second man came the resurrection from the dead.

This is speaking of our body.

1 Cor. 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.​

Here, too, we can see that we bear the image of Adam (earthly) (natural body of flesh and blood), and at the resurrection of the dead, we will bear the image of the Last Adam (heavenly) spiritual body.

1 Cor. 15:48-49 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

dodge

If I may.....What would "success" be?

Wouldn't it be seeking and knowing God?

What would make it possible? Why would God remove those abilities from us by making sure we were too depraved and blind to do so? Yes, we live in a world of corruption because of Adam's sin, and it's a hard row we have to hoe, but it's often through suffering that we seek God. When we're without hope, we remember our God who made us. When we see God's goodness while we struggle in this world of sin and evil, we come to realize that He is our only hope. It's then, when we hear the Gospel, and take it to heart, that we believe and are saved.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?​

If the federal headship of Adam and the imputation of his sin unto all his posterity be repudiated, then what alternative is left us?
Only that of the separate testing of each individual. If the race were not placed on probation in the first man, then each of his offspring
must stand trial for himself. But the conditions of such a trial make success impossible, for each probationer would enter upon it in a
state of spiritual death! The human family is either suffering for the sin of its head or it is suffering for nothing at all. “Man is born
unto trouble,” and from it there is no escape. What then is the explanation of the grim tragedy now being enacted on this earth? Every
effect must have a previous cause. If we be not born under the condemnation of Adam’s offence, then why are we “by nature the children
of wrath” (Eph. 2:3)? “Now either man was tried and fell in Adam, or he has been condemned without trial. He is either under the
curse (as it rests upon him from the beginning of his existence), for Adam’s guilt, or for no guilt at all. Judge which is more honouring
to God: a doctrine which, although profoundly mysterious, represents Him as giving man an equitable and most favourable probation
in his federal head, or that which makes God condemn him untried, even before he exists” (R. L. Dabney)

W.A. Pink "the total depravity of man ".

glorydaz

They go to the land of the dead. The Hebrew and Greek readers here tell us it is called "shoel" I believe. They did not go to heaven, as told by the Lord Jesus Christ. He said no one went to heaven or had been there more correctly, accept him.

Yes, there are several names for the land of the dead, but it's clear there are separate places for the righteous and unrighteous....the guilty and innocent. You mentioned Paradise, already, and we know Christ preached to the "prisoners" there between his death and resurrection. I totally agree that no on went to heaven before He did.

glorydaz

W.A. Pink "the total depravity of man ".

I saw that and I'm not buying it. I hope you will spend some time examining the verses I gave you. The Bible itself has the answers. You'll find all kinds of writings from men.

The problems we're seeing on earth is a result of our being condemned to live in this corrupt world with the god of this world running things.

dodge

I saw that and I'm not buying it. I hope you will spend some time examining the verses I gave you. The Bible itself has the answers. You'll find all kinds of writings from men.

The problems we're seeing on earth is a result of our being condemned to live in this corrupt world with the god of this world running things.

I did read the verses you posted and none of them change " in Adam all die ".

glorydaz

Another sweeping under the rug is that of those who clearly, are ever allowing their flesh to deceive them into believing its' lie that their being themselves is being like Christ.

:think:

You must be speaking from experience.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The issue is that of one being born at enmity with God - alienated from Him - in Adam.
The only enmity mentioned in the fall of Adam and Eve was enmity between the woman and the serpent, and between the woman's seed and the serpent's seed.
It mentions no enmity between Adam and GOD.
And it mentions no alienation from GOD.
GOD and Adam still had a relationship after the fall.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The only enmity mentioned in the fall of Adam and Eve was enmity between the woman and the serpent, and between the woman's seed and the serpent's seed.

Which resulted in a universal breach between God and men enslaved by Satan.

Who was to be the father of the human race, if not Eve's husband?

If you thinks so, define it and prove it with Holy Scripture please . . .

glorydaz

Very true. If they hadn't, God would not have talked to them and covered their nakedness. :thumb: