Why Do people On The Far Right Repeatedly Complain About Censorship...

Arthur Brain

as it turns out artie, i do, through our elective process and legislative system

in fact, i get to decide (or rather, I get to influence that decision) and you don't :wave2:

Er, no you don't. You support homosexuals being executed. That type of thing ain't ever gonna get passed through a court of law. You influence squat doofus.

:)

homosexuality is detrimental to society, as has been shown

Pfft, who by? Obsessives like aCW? Quacks like "Dr" Paul Cameron? Revisionist zealots like Fischer & Lively?

Yeh, ok...

:chuckle:

Arthur Brain

The censorship is things like media blocking information showing that there is no man made global warming.

Even though there's still people dumb enough to deny climate change, there's still sources available to swallow wholesale if you wanna convince yourself. Heck, nobody's censoring your right to believe in a flat earth or access to sites that support such a belief if that floats your boat. On the other hand you would deny people their basic human rights as we have now if you had your way - which amounts to oppressing people as well as censoring them.

Arthur Brain

er, yes i do.

i vote and i communicate my beliefs to my representatives

So, you think they'd listen to you if you communicated your belief that homosexuals should be executed?

:rotfl:

what a cogent and witty rebuttal

or was that your brain passing gas?

Certainly one you had no rebuttal for going by this...

:)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...you think they'd listen to you if you communicated your belief ....

yes, that's why i do it

and that's why i vote

and that's how I get to influence the decisions that are made in our legislatures

as for the rest, i believe that homosexuality is detrimental to society and i believe there exists evidence to support my belief, like increased rates of child molestation among homos, increased rates of disease and disease transmission and reduced longevity, not to mention the harm of teaching our youth that perversion is acceptable

and i don't believe i would ever be able to persuade you of that

so i don't see any benefit in going there when it just devolves into silly insults :idunno:

quip

BANNED
Banned
homosexuality is detrimental to society, as has been shown

All that's been shown is that homosexuality is detrimental to promiscuous homosexuals, no more detrimental to society at large than hetero whore-mongering or teen-aged skateboarding.

ok doser

All that's been shown ...

as for the rest, i believe that homosexuality is detrimental to society and i believe there exists evidence to support my belief, like increased rates of child molestation among homos, increased rates of disease and disease transmission and reduced longevity, not to mention the harm of teaching our youth that perversion is acceptable

ok doser

quip - why do we discourage cigarette smoking?

why do we deny the purchase of cigarettes to minors?

why do we disallow the use of cigarettes in public places?

why do we add taxes to cigarettes at the rate we do?

in other words, why do we censor the rights of cigarette smokers?

quip

BANNED
Banned
increased rates of child molestation among homos, increased rates of disease and disease transmission and reduced longevity, not to mention the harm of teaching our youth that perversion is acceptable

How does none of that equally apply to promiscuous heterosexuality?

quip

BANNED
Banned
quip - why do we discourage cigarette smoking?

why do we deny the purchase of cigarettes to minors?

why do we disallow the use of cigarettes in public places?

why do we add taxes to cigarettes at the rate we do?

in other words, why do we censor the rights of cigarette smokers?

Why is "sex sells"...such a successful and braggadocios claim by American advertisers?

ok doser

How does none of that equally apply to promiscuous heterosexuality?

increased rates of child molestation among homos relative to heteros

increased rates of disease and disease transmission and reduced longevity relative to heteros

not to mention the harm of teaching our youth that perversion is acceptable - all perversions, including promiscuous heterosexuality

ok doser

and then there's this, that many will deny:

gaymarriagebouquet.jpg

Arthur Brain

yes, that's why i do it

and that's why i vote

and that's how I get to influence the decisions that are made in our legislatures

You do acknowledge that any communication regarding executing homosexuals is not going to be listened to by anyone in political office, right?

so i don't see any benefit in going there when it just devolves into silly insults :idunno:

Well, you certainly wouldn't as homosexuality itself isn't some chosen attraction and persecuting people over it is just pathetic. With you, silly insults are generally where things start...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why Do people On The Far Right Repeatedly Complain About Censorship...
When they advocate things that would effectively silence any dissenting voice to the point of them being executed for indulging in practices or beliefs that wouldn't align with their perceived 'status quo'? The Following archive thread being a case in point:

http://theologyonline.com/poll.php?pollid=598&do=showresults

This isn't so much about that thread itself but it does serve as a reminder that for every time a far right poster goes on about how 'conservatives' are being censored in the media, including social media outlets such as 'Youtube' & 'facebook' - these very same people would deprive others of even having a life in order to voice a contrary opinion if their personal or 'religious' ideal happened to be in place.

Because they're hypocrites.

Arthur Brain

and then there's this, that many will deny:

gaymarriagebouquet.jpg

Of course. The "slippery slope" fallacy is just paranoia gone nuts. While homosexuality has become accepted in society, the laws in regards to protecting children and crackdowns on pedophile rings have become more and more stringent.

quip

BANNED
Banned
increased rates of child molestation among homos relative to heteros

No empirical evidence to support this claim. Source

increased rates of disease and disease transmission and reduced longevity relative to heteros

Perhaps, the surreptitious, underground nature of their relationships they've been historically forced to endure is the primary cause of such. Since you seem so concerned about the current health issues of homosexuals, perhaps supporting them in their efforts for mainstream inclusion might be more productive in reducing these statistics than condemning them back underground. :idea:

not to mention the harm of teaching our youth that perversion is acceptable - all perversions, including promiscuous heterosexuality

Supra.