are you a feminist?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I know this is true because in my day this was almost universally true. When i was still a child, a girl becoming pregnant was ran out of town on a rail!

Yes. The shame and stigma (often/usually only suffered by the girl, since she bore the physical signs) is what drove so many to desperate measures.

ClimateSanity

What would Jesus say about guys who threaten to rip off jaws? Is that a fruit of the Spirit?

Don't bother to instruct me on anything else. You have no credibility.
Jesus was speaking of a general way of life. And besides, the people I threaten on here are pure evil like yourself. Your kind deserve hell and a physical threat is nothing compared to what you deserve.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It was terrible! There were 'homes for un-wed mothers' usually out of state. Those poor girls were never really able to come home, not with the attitude and talk about.:mad:

However, girls who went on vacation and came home without a baby were usually not suspect, after several months.:mad:

Some of these girls were promised marriage, but when they became pregnant, she was abandoned and it was shame on her, never the man who broke his promise.

There were abortions in the 50s and 60s, but the rule was, not to ever talk about it. :sigh:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was terrible! There were 'homes for un-wed mothers' usually out of state. Those poor girls were never really able to come home, not with the attitude and talk about.:mad:

However, girls who went on vacation and came home without a baby were usually not suspect, after several months.:mad:

Some of these girls were promised marriage, but when they became pregnant, she was abandoned and it was shame on her, never the man who broke his promise.

There were abortions in the 50s and 60s, but the rule was, not to ever talk about it. :sigh:

Exactly ...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Jesus was speaking of a general way of life. And besides, the people I threaten on here are pure evil like yourself. Your kind deserve hell and a physical threat is nothing compared to what you deserve.

If you speak that way to her again, you will be banned. If you make threats on people, male, or female, you will be banned. Count on it!

ClimateSanity

70% of Women Who Get Abortions Identify as Christians, Survey Finds

Over 40 percent of women who have had an abortion say they were frequent churchgoers at the time they ended their pregnancies and about a half of them say they kept their abortions hidden from church members, new LifeWay Research shows.

In a survey released Monday that was sponsored by the pregnancy center support organization Care Net, researchers from the Christian research group LifeWay found that about 70 percent of women who had an abortion self-identified as Christians, while 43 percent say they attended a Christian church at least once per month or more at the time they aborted their child.
What percentage of the population are frequent church goers? Church goers are bound to show up in abortion statistics.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I know this is true because in my day this was almost universally true. When i was still a child, a girl becoming pregnant was ran out of town on a rail!

was it or was it not an effective way of preventing further teen pregnancies?

was it or was it not more effective than what we have now?

ClimateSanity

If you speak that way to her again, you will be banned. If you make threats on people, male, or female, you will be banned. Count on it!
I said it one time. Who keeps bringing it up?????? Not me. Me thinks they are the ones who should be banned since they are desperately trying to get me to make a threat again. You will only find that I have made one threat....two weeks ago.

ok doser

if it was a case of rape, the man should have been executed, and the baby raised

if it was consensual, they should have been forced to marry

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
was it or was it not an effective way of preventing further teen pregnancies?

was it or was it not more effective than what we have now?

It depends on your rational. I stated earlier today, if we absolutely wanted to be rid of addiction in America, then killing all the drug users would be most effective, as we have seen this had worked in China.

In 1952, as part of the anti-opium campaign, 82000 traffickers were arrested, and that resulted in 35000 prison sentences and 8800 public executions. (McCoy, Alfred W, The Politics of Heroin) In addition, the poor, often starving rice farmers, brought into the PLA, were given rice and greens to eat and told they would be part of a "New China" if they worked to support the PLA, and many, not being trained in war, were assigned to shoot every pipe smoking opium user they saw, with no questions asked, and no reporting necessary, as doing such would have been too costly and required the attention of better soldiers, Many addicts who were captured by the PLA were sent off to labour camps.

Do you believe killing all addicts is a plan to consider?

Do you think girls who become pregnant are as equally offensive as those who become drug addicts?

Think about how many young girls have been pressured into a natural act and have been forced to bear the consequence?

It is funny to me some people have more pity for one who engages in a criminal and destructive, act illicit drug use, than for persons who are reacting to natural passions, and often seeking love.

ok doser

i hadn't seen that china example before, but i know that Singapore's harsh laws are effective

and ours are a joke

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
if it was a case of rape, the man should have been executed, and the baby raised

if it was consensual, they should have been forced to marry

The further you go back in time, the more true and acceptable you second criteria would be. You see, back in the 50s, most girls wanted to wait until after marriage to have sex, but some were pressured, so, in those times, more of the girls would have desired a shotgun wedding.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said it one time. Who keeps bringing it up?????? Not me. Me thinks they are the ones who should be banned since they are desperately trying to get me to make a threat again. You will only find that I have made one threat....two weeks ago.

OK. I thought is was a new, or continuous thing. Being rational with me is sure better than running on like a cuckoo, Thanks for that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think girls who become pregnant are as equally offensive as those who become drug addicts?

Think about how many young girls have been pressured into a natural act and have been forced to bear the consequence?

Interestingly enough, these girls don't get pregnant all by themselves, yet when it comes to the condemnation of the impregnators ... SILENCE. Strange that.

ok doser

The further you go back in time, the more true and acceptable you second criteria would be. You see, back in the 50s, most girls wanted to wait until after marriage to have sex, but some were pressured, so, in those times, more of the girls would have desired a shotgun wedding.

i suspect that was both a cause of and an effect of social pressures and acted well in cooling young passions