The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IP thinks we madists preach a different gospel to Jews than we do to Gentiles.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It won't matter how many times you tell him that's not what we preach.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
2P2P

two people, two programs

It's what IP argues against, thinking he's arguing against MAD.

OH! Well, if that's what it means, he should have called it, "2G2G" - 2 Groups 2 Gospels! That way the forum software wouldn't think he's trying to make reference to 2 Peter 2 every time anyone types it.

Of course, that would have taken a genius to figure out! :rolleyes:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
make reference to 2 Peter 2 every time anyone types it.
I don't think he knows it does (which has been part of the fun!).

Of course, that would have taken a genius to figure out! :rolleyes:
Well there ya go. Now we all know why he hasn't changed it.

Easy peasy.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It won't matter how many times you tell him that's not what we preach.

Who's we? I suppose it depends on just what you mean but that is basically what I preach.

The Jews where never identified in Christ.

The Jews have an Earthly calling and we a Heavenly calling.

Jews were required to do the work of the Law and we are required not to.

etc.

There are many differences between the two gospels.

Things That Differ by C.R. Stam

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who's we? I suppose it depends on just what you mean but that is basically what I preach.

The Jews where never identified in Christ.

The Jews have an Earthly calling and we a Heavenly calling.

Jews were required to do the work of the Law and we are required not to.

etc.

There are many differences between the two gospels.

Things That Differ by C.R. Stam
IP thinks there has only ever been one gospel. He's into that whole "spiritual Israel" / replacement theology junk.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wait, what?
Maybe it wasn't clear.
You think we (TODAY) should preach the gospel of circumcision to the Jews, and the gospel of uncircumcision to all others?
I don't think that's what you do.

IP is under the impression that we MADs do that instead of preaching the the gospel of uncircumcision to everyone (TODAY).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He knows nobody does it. He is a coveting pervert. This is why he will not answer about James. I use James 2 because Paul spoke (wrote) directly against it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He knows nobody does it. He is a coveting pervert. This is why he will not answer about James. I use James 2 because Paul spoke (wrote) directly against it.
Yeppers.
So he fills his posts with strawman attacks and then pretends he struck a blow to MAD.
And we all chuckle away.
:chuckle:

God's Truth

IP thinks there has only ever been one gospel. He's into that whole "spiritual Israel" / replacement theology junk.

There has only ever been one way and that is to believe God and do what He says to do, no matter what He says to do.

Believe in God and do not eat from the one tree---Adam and Eve, Genesis 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Do what is right: rule over sin: don't be jealous, don't hate, don't murder, love your brother---Cain, Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.

Do not be violent, do not be corrupt, build an ark---Noah, Genesis 6:12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. 13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

Have faith and obey God; faith and obedience is tested; sacrifice your son---Abraham, Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws.

Sanctify yourselves with righteous works to purify yourselves; get circumcised in the flesh; observe special days; adhere to a dietary law; do various external washings; and, sacrifice animals;---Moses and the Jews, see Leviticus.

Do what the Father says and remain in His love; humble yourself, fear God, repent of your sins, forgive others, die to the sins of the world, and all of Jesus' teachings---Jesus Christ.

Get the idea?

Interplanner

Yeppers.
So he fills his posts with strawman attacks and then pretends he struck a blow to MAD.
And we all chuckle away.
:chuckle:

Tam,
I just wrote 100 letters to HS and college princples in the area about how Kinsey's sexual perversion dominates American thinking and methodology. Are you actually going to agree with someone who calls me a pervert, when there are Kinsey's out there?

No wonder your grip on how the NT uses the OT is a mess.

Interplanner

That's a foolish statment, Nick. Paul wrote against corpse faith too. You are too ignorant to be posting.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Wait, what?
Maybe it wasn't clear.
You think we (TODAY) should preach the gospel of circumcision to the Jews, and the gospel of uncircumcision to all others?
I don't think that's what you do.

IP is under the impression that we MADs do that instead of preaching the the gospel of uncircumcision to everyone (TODAY).

OH!

No!

No one does that!

Do they?

Today there is one body of believers....

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Galatians 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OH!

No!

No one does that!

Do they?

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Galatians 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
:cheers:

Interplanner

OH!

No!

No one does that!

Do they?

There is no other gospel. I'm under the impression that MAD thinks there was another gospel preached for a while that would have gone an entirely different direction. It's mad. It's also 2P2P which is a fraud. And then that there is 'unfinished business' that God 'owes' Israel.

musterion

OH!

No!

No one does that!

Do they?

Yes, some do. John Hagee does, or did. I think it's called Dual Covenant...Jews are saved by being Jews/the Law, everyone else, the Gospel of grace (which Hagee probably doesn't actually understand). Point is, EVERY mid-Acts dispensationalist would rightly recoil in horror from the idea and repudiate it...yet IP persists...

Interplanner

Yes, some do. John Hagee does, or did. I think it's called Dual Covenant...Jews are saved by being Jews/the Law, everyone else, the Gospel of grace (which Hagee probably doesn't actually understand). Point is, EVERY mid-Acts dispensationalist would rightly recoil in horror from the idea and repudiate it...yet IP persists...

The point is they--MAD-- added neo-Judaism back in to early Acts. It's not there, and the conflict is between the one gospel and Judaism as it was then.

musterion

The point is they--MAD-- added neo-Judaism back in to early Acts.

No we didn't, liar. The baptism required in Acts 2:38 refutes you into the dirt. The fact that that body of believers preached to NO ONE but other Jews proves you have no idea what you presume to teach.

The real point is that you're a semi-autistic perseverant. You've been told many times what MAD believes AND DOES NOT BELIEVE but you continue to slander us with your vain imaginings anyway.

musterion

A fairly decent writeup on the Dual Covenant false gospel, which no MAD believes. [Key words to help IP see the difference between Hagee and MAD are highlighted in red.]

Hagee, as a Dispensational teacher, has, however, moved far beyond normal Dispensational teaching into what is called "Christian Zionism." Christian Zionism teaches that God has a separate covenant with Israel and another for the Gentile Church. This bears the name "Dual Covenant." Hagee reported to the Houston Chronicle that he believes that Jews already have a covenant with God and do not need to come to the cross. Hagee told the newspaper:

"I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption" (Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988).

The Houston newspaper then quoted Hagee's own shocking words: "I'm not trying to convert the Jewish people to the Christian faith... In fact, trying to convert Jews is a 'waste of time. . Jews already have a covenant with God and that has never been replaced by Christianity." (Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988, sec, 6, pg. 1).

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/orrel25.html

"Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha'i, needs to believe in Jesus...but not Jews."

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pages/deception/john-hagee-and-dual-covenant-theology.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.