chrysostom’s 2016 annual awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wish rusha would tell arthur what he is accomplishing by participating in these threads

I can only state my view of participating in certain threads ... which I have done. Insofar as AB is concerned, just because I see participating in certain threads as a waste of time, doesn't mean I don't understand that his motives are honorable. I also stay out of the "ALL Muslims are terrorists and should be destroyed" threads as well.

Also Chrys, that particular thread that you are speaking of would continue to thrive without AB's participation ... and really, I have no desire to shut down threads and discussions UNLESS those who are participating are encouraging violent, criminal behavior.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I can only state my view of participating in certain threads ... which I have done. Insofar as AB is concerned, just because I see participating in certain threads as a waste of time, doesn't mean I don't understand that his motives are honorable. I also stay out of the "ALL Muslims are terrorists and should be destroyed" threads as well.

Also Chrys, that particular thread that you are speaking of would continue to thrive without AB's participation ... and really, I have no desire to shut down threads and discussions UNLESS those who are participating are encouraging violent, criminal behavior.

I wish rusha would tell arthur what he is accomplishing by participating in these threads

Arthur Brain

you don't know that arthur because you have never tried that

Yes I do know that because on plenty of occasions I haven't bothered with that particular car crash in weeks at a time. Other "regular contributors" have done the same. The result: aCW propping it up with yet another article from some stupid blog or an article by Peter Le Barabara or whatever his name is. When he's banned it's generally ignored and goes off the radar only for him to prop it up again on return.

So get your facts straight Chrys. I do not post on his little blog continuously by any stretch and I don't need your permission or approval as to what threads I should address or posters to respond to regardless. Nothing anyone says or posts to aCW will stop his gargantuan ego from keeping his project going but poking fun and pointing out his regular gaffes from time to time is no bad thing either.

Once again, if you have a problem with it then it's just that - your problem. There's certainly nothing I've said that would remotely qualify me for your silly little award but you go ahead if you wanna Chrys.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What does anyone accomplish by participating in any thread ... outside of sharing and defending our own beliefs? Insofar as defending gays from slander and defending their right to live as the rest of us, I also defend them on numerous threads. Just less often on ACW's. I personally believe that anyone who is really annoyed by other posters or threads should not participate in them. To his credit, AB has more patience than I do.

And to be fair ... I have posted 51 times myself in the thread you are referring to.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes I do know that because on plenty of occasions I haven't bothered
I think you have a tendency to give people too much credit, that on some level you suspect there's a phrase of amount of difference that will silence or turn people like aCW. I find that hope, however flickering, admirable.

It's present, after a fashion, in your speaking to chrys here. To put you in this category is so bizarrely off-center that I can't imagine anyone taking it seriously who is anyone you could take seriously.

By his own logic chrys could be nominated for a pro union or abortion award. :plain: So, I wouldn't worry. At this point he's self-parodying, if inadvertently.

Arthur Brain

I think you have a tendency to give people too much credit, that on some level you suspect there's a phrase of amount of difference that will silence or turn people like aCW. I find that hope, however flickering, admirable.

It's present, after a fashion, in your speaking to chrys here. To put you in this category is so bizarrely off-center that I can't imagine anyone taking it seriously who is anyone you could take seriously.

By his own logic chrys could be nominated for a pro union or abortion award. :plain: So, I wouldn't worry. At this point he's self-parodying, if inadvertently.

Nah, I really am a skeptic nowadays...

:chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
whoa! -
maybe your judgement is suspect

Only in my younger years. Presently, my judgment of people, issues, politics, religion ... and those I chose to associate myself with are spot on. Anyone giving their opinions on a debate forum is wasting time ... insofar as it's nothing more than a form of entertainment and personal outlet ... like watching television, surfing the web, listening to music, etc.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: That was funny.

But you're also right. I have the best sort of friends. They credit the good even when the credit rating is thin. :D

Indeed you do. There is not enough room on the internet for me to define my awesomeness.
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.