Trump holds up LGBT rainbow flag at rally

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Haven't decided what exactly to do yet. We have a seemingly true pro-life candidate on the ballot here in my state, but I need to read more about him before giving him my vote.

I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that's a vote for Hillary, too, but third party votes can add up to change in politics over the long term.

So, you're considering voting for a 3rd party candidate for idealistic reasons? I hate to be the one to break it to ya but, that's just like throwing your vote away or worse yet, helping Hillary reign as "The Queen of Evil" of the U.S.A.

DavidK

So, you're considering voting for a 3rd party candidate for idealistic reasons? I hate to be the one to break it to ya but, that's just like throwing your vote away or worse yet, helping Hillary reign as "The Queen of Evil" of the U.S.A.

You say, "idealism," I say "righteousness".

Scripture is clear that God prefers we do the right thing and leave the results to Him, rather than compromise in an attempt to help Him out.

DavidK

Not a good comeback. Sounded a bit childish. However, to each his own.

Meh, you think I'm naive for thinking that third parties influence politics, I think you're naive for thinking they don't.

Your criticism might have more weight if you had said something with more substance than my "comeback".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The part that assumes one is either conservative or liberal.

There's a reason people on both sides can be firmly convinced scripture supports them. God's wisdom defies the neat little spectrum of man.

When our Lord returns and sits down on His throne to rule, I expect all of us will have our political notions blown away by how He runs His kingdom.

That particular "Kingdom" is for the House of Israel. Christ will rule over His people Israel while sitting on the throne of David. On the other hand, The Body of Christ will be in Heaven with the Father. That Kingdom isn't for us. If you're a member of the Body of Christ, you'll remain in Heaven while Christ rules on earth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meh, you think I'm naive for thinking that third parties influence politics, I think you're naive for thinking they don't.

Your criticism might have more weight if you had said something with more substance than my "comeback".

I'm talking about "Wasting votes idealistically" for someone who can't possibly win an election. It's time for you to wake up and smell the Coffee.

DavidK

That particular "Kingdom" is for the House of Israel. Christ will rule over His people Israel while sitting on the throne of David. On the other hand, The Body of Christ will be in Heaven with the Father. That Kingdom isn't for us. If you're a member of the Body of Christ, you'll remain in Heaven while Christ rules on earth.

You keep sidestepping my point with your desire to argue your dispensational theology.

Okay, so He'll blow our political notions with how He runs His kingdom as we watch from the balcony of Heaven. Does that help you get back to the point?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You keep sidestepping my point with your desire to argue your dispensational theology.

Okay, so He'll blow our political notions with how He runs His kingdom as we watch from the balcony of Heaven. Does that help you get back to the point?

Getting a wee bit agitated, huh?

DavidK

I'm talking about "Wasting votes idealistically" for someone who can't possibly win an election.

I know you are. And I'm talking about doing what's right, even if it seems like a waste.

It's time for you to wake up and smell the Coffee.

Mmmm, coffee. Mine ran out a little while ago. :(

But it's a bit late in the day to be drinking it anyway.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I know you are. And I'm talking about doing what's right, even if it seems like a waste.

Mmmm, coffee. Mine ran out a little while ago. :(

But it's a bit late in the day to be drinking it anyway.

It's far better if your choices have a real chance of making a change, instead of some idealistic/meaningless throwaway vote just to make a point.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
In what ways is Trump less closely aligned with a Christian worldview?
Make a point or drop it.

I'm not interested in playing games with leading questions.

And I would submit that a big reason why that is a "fantasy" is the sort of extreme loyalty you, and other conservative Christians, show to the Republican Party. As long as they know they can count on your votes no matter what, they have no incentive to change.
And yet its Donald J. Trump that is the nominee. If you think that's what the Republican Party wanted, you're delutional.

But you participate in that system, and the way in which you do so only furthers the problem.
If I could act in a manner that would create a good system I would. That option does not exist.

Because you help make it that way.
No, Jose! I didn't make the system and I have no power to change the system. Not in this next week. The election is Tuesday of next week, Jose. What country are you living in?

You can sit on your butt and wait around for the perfect candidate to come along if you want, but you're not helping anyone this week by doing so other than Hillary Clinton.

Then I hope you enjoy having your vote taken for granted by a Republican Party establishment that does little more than pander to your issues.
Already refuted. Now you're intentionally wasting my time. Good bye.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Crucible, Trump DOES have a lot in common with Hitler.

:rotfl:

Hitler demonized the Jews. Trump demonizes Hispanics.

There's a lot of Hispanics voting for Trump who disagree with you completely, because it is clear that the only thing he was demonizing were illegals coming over here and being illicit.

Both called for mass deportations. Trump also demonizes Muslims, and just like Hitler, he has called for Muslims to wear signs showing their Muslim status, just as Hitler did this with the Jews of Germany.

Trump wants Muslims to be identifiable to help prevent terrorism, since Muslims have done nothing to account for what is going on in their own religion. When Christians do something wrong, other Christians put a stop to them or speak heavily against them- this does not happen with Muslims.
If it prevents untimely deaths of innocent people than so be it- I have little compassion for the snake you defend, most of those people hate Christians.

Your argument became meaningless to me as soon as I saw this word. Broken record and such.

You defend Muslims, who have crusader texts hanging on the sides of their mosques sitting on predominantly Christian lands. They hate homosexuality and feminism- and yet, you are by their side simply because they aren't white or Christian.

That's the nonsense of your end, and you make dumb excuses for it.

Last edited:

DavidK

Is that verse of Scripture relevant to merely throwing your vote away just to make a point?

Yes.

The gospel asks us to believe that God came in the form of a man born from a virgin, died for our sin, was resurrected and sent His Spirit to live inside us. While He was on earth He told us that if someone wants to take our cloak we should give them our tunic, too, that we should bless those who revile us, and that we should do good in secret because God will reward us. His whole message revolved around throwing our lives away because we have faith and trust that we will be vindicated in the age to come.

It's absolute foolishness. If we are living like Him, there will be no shortage of people accusing us of lacking common sense.