Does foreknowledge mean predestination?

oatmeal

Poor, deluded, self justifying, heretic.

Interesting, not having any doctrine to present you have resorted to name calling.

Since God does have foreknowledge and wisdom, he, knows ahead of time who will use their free will to believe God. God being wise, chooses for himself those who God knows will choose to believe.

Foreknowledge precedes predestination.

What is predestination? The Greek means to "mark out beforehand"

God being wise and caring, marks out beforehand those whom He has chosen.

Thus He is in a position to lovingly and caringly prepare ahead of time for believers, in the age of grace, those who believe and thus become his sons and daughters.

God loves us enough to prepare for us ahead of time.

His having children was no surprise to him, He planned for them

Truster

Interesting, not having any doctrine to present you have resorted to name calling.

Since God does have foreknowledge and wisdom, he, knows ahead of time who will use their free will to believe God. God being wise, chooses for himself those who God knows will choose to believe.

Foreknowledge precedes predestination.

What is predestination? The Greek means to "mark out beforehand"

God being wise and caring, marks out beforehand those whom He has chosen.

Thus He is in a position to lovingly and caringly prepare ahead of time for believers, in the age of grace, those who believe and thus become his sons and daughters.

God loves us enough to prepare for us ahead of time.

His having children was no surprise to him, He planned for them

Poor, deluded, self justifying, heretic.

Truster

Interesting. show me from scripture my error, but you cannot,

Your lie.
"Since God does have foreknowledge and wisdom, he, knows ahead of time who will use their free will to believe God. God being wise, chooses for himself those who God knows will choose to believe".

The predetermination of the Almighty is not based on anything a man might think, say or do. His election is by grace alone and according to the pleasure of His own perfectly good will.

If He'd tried to find anything good in me, in my flesh that is, He would still be looking.

"Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:"

oatmeal

Your lie.
"Since God does have foreknowledge and wisdom, he, knows ahead of time who will use their free will to believe God. God being wise, chooses for himself those who God knows will choose to believe".

The predetermination of the Almighty is not based on anything a man might think, say or do. His election is by grace alone and according to the pleasure of His own perfectly good will.

If He'd tried to find anything good in me, in my flesh that is, He would still be looking.

Like I said, show me from scripture where I am wrong.

Do you make decisions ahead of time? Like where to go for a haircut? do you base your decision on the skills of the barber or the price of a haircut as determined by the barber shop or is your decision based on the reputation of the barber, etc....

You might find yourself predetermining things
based on anything a man might think, say or do.

Did God predetermine what would happen to Adam and Eve? Certainly, God had foreknowledge of their sin. Why did God make sure that A and E did not eat of the tree of life? Did God predetermine that if they did it would be even worse for them based on the fact that if they remained in the garden they might sin by eating of that tree?

Does God answer your prayers? Does God know ahead of time what your needs are before you even ask? Yes, he does. He knows what you are going to ask before you do. Does he prepare ahead of time to meet that need?

Truster

Like I said, show me from scripture where I am wrong.

Do you make decisions ahead of time? Like where to go for a haircut? do you base your decision on the skills of the barber or the price of a haircut as determined by the barber shop or is your decision based on the reputation of the barber, etc....

You might find yourself predetermining things

Did God predetermine what would happen to Adam and Eve? Certainly, God had foreknowledge of their sin. Why did God make sure that A and E did not eat of the tree of life? Did God predetermine that if they did it would be even worse for them based on the fact that if they remained in the garden they might sin by eating of that tree?

Does God answer your prayers? Does God know ahead of time what your needs are before you even ask? Yes, he does. He knows what you are going to ask before you do. Does he prepare ahead of time to meet that need?

Don't presume to know what it is like to be led by the Holy Spirit, each and every moment, of each and every day.

oatmeal

Don't presume to know what it is like to be led by the Holy Spirit, each and every moment, of each and every day.

I don't, do you?

Walking by the spirit requires a conscientious decision on the part of the believer.

You can choose to be spiritually minded or carnally minded. What do you choose?

Which have you chosen?

I choose to become spiritually minded in all categories of life.

Which do you choose?

Last edited:

Truster

I don't, do you?

Walking by the spirit requires a conscientious decision on the part of the believer.

You can choose to be spiritually minded or carnally minded. What do you choose?

I have never chosen anything. I recieved my interest in the Fathers will and live by trust, walk in trust and this not of myself, I have nothing to boast about except this:

Jeremiah 9:24 KJV

and this: Ephesians 2:8 KJV

and of course this: Ephesians 2:9 KJV

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
God knows what the "now" molecule will do 5 minutes later cause he designed it to behave a certain way. God is smarter than you think by you guys think you can outsmart him.

oatmeal

I have never chosen anything. I recieved my interest in the Fathers will and live by trust, walk in trust and this not of myself, I have nothing to boast about except this:

Jeremiah 9:24 KJV

and this: Ephesians 2:8 KJV

and of course this: Ephesians 2:9 KJV

Why did you choose to receive your interest?

Why did you choose to reply to my post?

Choose you this day whom you will serve.

Either God who called you and gives you freedom from the enslavement of religion or choose the Devil who tells you you have no choices in life.

I choose to serve God who called me to His word

Truster

Why did you choose to receive your interest?

Why did you choose to reply to my post?

I didnt choose to receive my interest: "But as many as took him, to them gave he authority to become the sons of Elohim, even to them that trust on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,but of Elohim"

Nothing to do with me, but all to do with Him. Given the opportunity to receive Him I would have refused. By grace are ye saved...

I didn't choose to reply to your post.

marhig

I didnt choose to receive my interest: "But as many as took him, to them gave he authority to become the sons of Elohim, even to them that trust on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,but of Elohim"

Nothing to do with me, but all to do with Him. Given the opportunity to receive Him I would have refused. By grace are ye saved...

We all have a choice, believe the word or don't, receive Christ or not. It says in John 1 that as many as received Jesus, to them he gave power to become the sons of God.

But they had to receive him first!

John 1:12 kjv

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Truster

We all have a choice, believe the word or don't, receive Christ or not. It says in John 1 that as many as received Jesus, to them he gave power to become the sons of God.

But they had to receive him first!

John 1:12 kjv

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

"But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

The verse fits you, wear it and woe.

marhig

"But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

You need to take those verses to yourself!

So are you still saying that we don't have a choice? Even though in the verses that you quoted, Jesus clearly says that it was those who received him whom he gave power to. So they had a choice to ether receive him or not!

oatmeal

Why do you call yourself "truster" if you had no choice in whether to trust God or not?

If you are incapable of making decisions, you might want to learn from God's word how to man up to taking some responsibility for your own life instead of blaming everything on your god.

But as many as took him,

Why did they "take him"?

How did that come to pass?

God forced them?

Truster

Why do you call yourself "truster" if you had no choice in whether to trust God or not?

If you are incapable of making decisions, you might want to learn from God's word how to man up to taking some responsibility for your own life instead of blaming everything on your god.

Why did they "take him"?

How did that come to pass?

God forced them?

I don't blame the Eternal Almighty for anything. I bless Him.

Yes! the Eternal Almighty forces people into salvation. He rescues them without their permission. He exercises His free will and the power to fulfill His will in the promise to His Son.

It never ceases to amaze me that man will always demand that he has free will, but deny the Creator and Sustainer of all any free will in the exercise of His justice, judgement and mercy.

oatmeal

You assume a lot.

What a miserable comforter you are!

oatmeal

I don't blame the Eternal Almighty for anything. I bless Him.

Yes! the Eternal Almighty forces people into salvation. He rescues them without their permission. He exercises His free will and the power to fulfill His will in the promise to His Son.

It never ceases to amaze me that man will always demand that he has free will, but deny the Creator and Sustainer of all any free will in the exercise of His justice, judgement and mercy.

If you are right that you make no decisions that you take no choices, then you cannot possibly claim to bless him for that would take a decision on your part. You said, "I bless Him" that is impossible if you are not in control of anything. You should have said "He blesses Him" or "God blesses Himself, I have nothing to do with it for I cannot make those choices" You become nothing but a tool, not a son of God. I John 3:1-3

If you are right, then you are not a servant of God, but simply a preprogrammed object.

Why not choose to believe to be spiritually minded?

Truster

If you are right that you make no decisions that you take no choices, then you cannot possibly claim to bless him for that would take a decision on your part. You said, "I bless Him" that is impossible if you are not in control of anything. You should have said "He blesses Him" or "God blesses Himself, I have nothing to do with it for I cannot make those choices" You become nothing but a tool, not a son of God. I John 3:1-3

If you are right, then you are not a servant of God, but simply a preprogrammed object.

Why not choose to believe to be spiritually minded?

Nobody has free will. Everyone is subject. The unredeemed are subject to the prince of the power of the air. The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners are subject to and led by the Holy Spirit.

Now there are obviously scriptures to validate this statement, go seek.