ECT THE STRAIT GATE...

Danoh

It is you who do not understand what is being said in the "narrative" in Matthew 24:13. Of course you did not even attempt to answer what I said about the fact that the Jewish believers enjoyed eternal security just like we do.

The Lord Jesus told them that those who believed received eternal life (Jn.5:24) and He also said that those to whom He gave eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28).

Those things are summed up here:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Those two points are the very ones you are misreading my post on.

What I actually posted and what you are asserting I posted are worlds apart :chuckle:

Truster

Not one of you have been able to answer the question and as usual it has deteriorated into shambles and stupidity. The is no reverence and awe in your approach to that which is holy and that is the bitter fruit of the unregenerate, wicked mind.

In this matter I shall, "shake the dust off my feet" and leave you in the darkness you so love.

Danoh

Not one of you have been able to answer the question and as usual it has deteriorated into shambles and stupidity. The is no reverence and awe in your approach to that which is holy and that is the bitter fruit of the unregenerate, wicked mind.

In this matter I shall, "shake the dust off my feet" and leave you in the darkness you so love.

Lol - yeah; ooooh kay...

Consider that your OP was like that of some others on various forums on here.

Those who not only conclude they have found some supposed nugget of wisdom they alone have been made privy too, but which, instead of sharing it; they remain on their high horse and post one form or another of what is really nothing more than their fool "I bet no one can answer this, that, the other..."

Then, when that bears its' predictable fruit; no answer that satisfies such a fool compulsion; they storm off in protest; til their next fool impulse to act the fool :chuckle:

You should just state your case; post your so called finding.

You did not, becuase you were focused on you; and now you are upset; because you are focused on you.

Allow Christ to be the issue; and you'll not only not post such fool "I bet no one can figure this, that, the other" baiting questions and or comments, but you won't be phased in the least; when things don't go your way.

In short...

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Allow Christ's having died for you to be your focus. This alone should be more than enough to keep you happy as a lark and then some, not only when you find yourself compelled to want things your way; but when things go any way but yours :chuckle:

Last edited:

Truster

Lol - yeah; ooooh kay...

Consider that your OP was like that of some others on various forums on here.

Those who not only conclude they have found some supppsed nugget of wisdom they alone have been made privy too, but which, instead of sharing it; they remain on their high horse and post one form or another of what is really nothing more than their fool "I bet no one can answer this, that, the other..."

Then, when that bears its' predictable fruit; no answer that satisfies such a fool compulsion; they storm off in protest; til their next fool impulse to act the fool :chuckle:

You should just state your case; post your so called finding.

You did not, becuase you were focused on you; and now you are upset; because you are focused on you.

Allow Christ to be the issue; and you'll not only not post such fool "I bet no one can figure this, that, the other" baiting questions and or comments, but you won't be phased in the least; when things don't go your way.

In short...

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Allow Christ's having died for you to be your focus. This alone should be more than enough to keep you happy as a lark and then some, not only when you find yourself compelled to want things your way; but when things go any way but yours :chuckle:

I rejoice in the fact that my intents, thoughts and words are known to the Eternal Almighty.
Psalm 139:2

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Those two points are the very ones you are misreading my post on.

What I actually posted and what you are asserting I posted are worlds apart

You need to take a little more time thinking over what thoughts you are trying to convey.

Jerry Shugart

Of course you did not even attempt to prove what I said about this verse is in error:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Mt.7:13-14).​

The ONLY way that anyone enters into life is by faith:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).

If you cannot understand this simple truth then you have not entered through the strait gate and therefore you remain on the outside looking in.

Truster

Of course you did not even attempt to prove what I said about this verse is in error:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Mt.7:13-14).​

The ONLY way that anyone enters into life is by faith:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).

If you cannot understand this simple truth then you have not entered through the strait gate and therefore you remain on the outside looking in.

You can't even explain what the gate is. Here's a clue:

Finding the strait gate means....
Entering the gate means.....
Being in the narrow way means....

If you don't know then don't attempt answering. Guess work in relation to saving truth is an abomination.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Strait Gate is the difficult one filled with tribulation.
For he who endures to the end.

As James said to them, show them your faith by your works. The way of circumcision is a heavy burden. I am thankful my way to God which was through the cross is easy....for me anyway. It was not easy for the Lord Jesus Christ.

DAN P

Hi and who are the DOGS ?

They are the GENTILES , don't you KNOW is what Jews thought of them , so what are you ??

The CONTEXT of Matt 7:13 is the verb ENTER YE IN / EISCHOMAI is in the AORIST TENSE and places this context at Jesus earthly ministry !!

But , today I will throw my PEARLS to anyone who will ask or listen , an you just just are a CALLOW type of GUY , so listen up !!

Can you explain how you were saved , so do not brother to use Matt 7:13 !!

dan p

Hi and you did not answer post # 39 or did you forget , but I think that you do not know ??

So , are you a Jew or ma GENTILE ?

dan p

Jerry Shugart

If you don't know then don't attempt answering. Guess work in relation to saving truth is an abomination.

I know the answer it is you who is clueless. Let us look at this passage again:

What leads to life?

Faith!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

You think that my answer is wrong but you do not give what you think is the correct answer.

What leads to life if it isn't faith?

Truster

I know the answer it is you who is clueless. Let us look at this passage again:

What leads to life?

Faith!

You think that my answer is wrong but you do not give what you think is the correct answer.

What leads to life if it isn't faith?

The experience and the ability to explain the experience is certain proof of salvation. You have not explained the experience and you won't unless you are converted.

Jerry Shugart

The experience and the ability to explain the experience is certain proof of salvation. You have not explained the experience and you won't unless you are converted.

It is you who has no clue so until you are converted then you will not be able to understand that the gate which leads to life is faith.

Danoh

Apparantly, twister - ur, um truster; lives in one of gated communities where the walls are nice and padded :chuckle:

Truster

Not hers to pass through - not this side of Israel's temporary blinding and setting aside.

Tam's is....

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

As yours should be, if it is not.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

You can quote all the verses you like, but none of them explain the symbolism of the Gate, not finding the gate nor passing through the gate nor walking in the narrow way. Stop taking pot shots, you're unregenerate behaviour is evident.

Jerry Shugart

The gate does not lead to faith so stop taking pot shots in the hope of getting it right.

Of course you know that everyone else is wrong about what the gate represents but you are keeping it a secret as to what it does represent.

You have no credibility on this thread.

Jerry Shugart

I'm not keeping it a secret. Only the heirs can benefit from a will.

Spit it out man. If you actually have an answer to the meaning of the gate then let's hear it. You've talked in riddles long enough.

What is the gate which leads to life?