Best Friends Not Allowed

gcthomas

CLEARLY a politically correct Christian School....CINOS

Not adopting your unholy fusion of Republicanism and hard edged Christianity doesn't mean that the school is not expressing a thoroughly Christian ethos.

Unlike you, much of Christianity focuses on protecting the weak and supporting the vulnerable. Your idea of allowing the class bully to dominate younger classmates may fit in with your dreams of frontier character building, but that is unique to the subset of Americans you mix with.

You should get out more before accusing thoughtful Christians of being unchristian simply for offering a different level of care for their charges than you would provide in their place.

glorydaz

And? what does banning best friends actually mean? The only practical thing mentioned was the party invitation restriction. And Jose's post is right. You can still invite whoever you want. They are just restricting it being done int he classroom. There are plenty of other ways to do it.

Did you actually read the article? It doesn't sound like it to me.

glorydaz

I remember when I was in Elementary School and we used to give out Valentines Day cards on Valentines Day to our fellow students. I wonder if that has been abolished yet in today's society?

I remember that, too, and not all the kids gave them to everyone in the class. We didn't sit around and count how many we'd received, nor did we scrutinize who hadn't given us one (like some people do with the "thanks" given out on this board.) LOL

glorydaz

Not adopting your unholy fusion of Republicanism and hard edged Christianity doesn't mean that the school is not expressing a thoroughly Christian ethos.

Unlike you, much of Christianity focuses on protecting the weak and supporting the vulnerable. Your idea of allowing the class bully to dominate younger classmates may fit in with your dreams of frontier character building, but that is unique to the subset of Americans you mix with.

You should get out more before accusing thoughtful Christians of being unchristian simply for offering a different level of care for their charges than you would provide in their place.

Making false claims seems to be your specialty. :chew:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The bottom line is, the school is not obligated to take part in that kind of bad manners. I suppose the right thing to do, given the fact that some parents see nothing wrong with this, is to just not have kids passing out invites in class.

Of course they could still do it privately in school, and no one would be the wiser. But then, it wouldn't be used to make someone feel bad for not getting an invitation. Which would make it less fun for some people.

And that's the real issue.
Nope.
All this retarded rule is doing is placing the feelings of some children above the feelings of other children.
Trying to ease the hurt feelings of some, while causing hurt feelings of others.

Stop telling your children there is something wrong with them for only wanting the friends they choose to come to their own party.
There is nothing wrong with a child that does that.

IT'S NOT WRONG.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Did you actually read the article? It doesn't sound like it to me.
Yes I did.

Jane Moore, a parent whose child attends the school, explained the idea on a recent episode of the British talk show "Loose Women." "There's a policy," she said, "that if your child is having a party — unless every child is invited — you don't give out the invites in class."

Danoh

Yes I did.

Jane Moore, a parent whose child attends the school, explained the idea on a recent episode of the British talk show "Loose Women." "There's a policy," she said, "that if your child is having a party — unless every child is invited — you don't give out the invites in class."

Obviously, all sorts of reading into that, can, and have, ended up the result.

glorydaz

Yes I did.

And you think that one comment addresses the entire article? It sounds like there is a "policy" and that is but one example.

glorydaz

Obviously, all sorts of reading into that, can, and have, ended up the result.

:chuckle:

"Members of the royal family aren't often told what they can and can't do. But just a few days into his first year of school, 4-year-old Prince George already faces a mandate: No best friends allowed.

Thomas's Battersea, the school George attends, bans kids from having best friends, Marie Claire reports. Instead, teachers encourage all students to form bonds with one another to avoid creating feelings of exclusions among those without best friends."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Nope.
All this retarded rule is doing is placing the feelings of some children above the feelings of other children.

That's what you're doing. There's no need for that. There's enough meanness in the world without parents promoting it.

Trying to ease the hurt feelings of some, while causing hurt feelings of others.

"Oh my child's feelings are hurt because the school won't let him play his "you're not invited to my party" game in the classroom."

Stop telling your children there is something wrong with them for only wanting the friends they choose to come to their own party.

If you have to make up stories about what we're telling you, isn't that a pretty good indication that you know what you're doing is wrong?

IT'S NOT WRONG.

You can't make your child feel better about himself by having him make someone else feel bad. Never works.

Danoh

:chuckle:

"Members of the royal family aren't often told what they can and can't do. But just a few days into his first year of school, 4-year-old Prince George already faces a mandate: No best friends allowed.

Thomas's Battersea, the school George attends, bans kids from having best friends, Marie Claire reports. Instead, teachers encourage all students to form bonds with one another to avoid creating feelings of exclusions among those without best friends."

Whoops - your Trumpian double-standard is showing again.

So be it then - more reproof with long suffering of your tendencies.

In one post, you mock "sources."

In another, you are fine with them, given your pettiness and double-standards.

That was THAT reporter's reporting of that in THAT way.

It is how they generate interest from mindless drones like you - hype a thing up.

You ought to know better than that, by now.

Sheesh...and oy vey...and then some :chuckle:

Danoh

And you think that one comment addresses the entire article? It sounds like there is a "policy" and that is but one example.

There's your blind spot - your usual "it sounds like" or "well, what it means to me from within my vacuum, is..." - just like you often prove you do with Scripture :chuckle:

glorydaz

Whoops - your Trumpian double-standard is showing again.

So be it then - more reproof with long suffering of your tendencies.

In one post, you mock "sources."

In another, you are fine with them, given your pettiness and double-standards.

That was THAT reporter's reporting of that in THAT way.

It is how they generate interest from mindless drones like you - hype a thing up.

You ought to know better than that, by now.

Sheesh...and oy vey...and then some :chuckle:

Shut up loser. :loser:

glorydaz

That's what you're doing. There's no need for that. There's enough meanness in the world without parents promoting it.

"Oh my child's feelings are hurt because the school won't let him play his "you're not invited to my party" game in the classroom."

If you have to make up stories about what we're telling you, isn't that a pretty good indication that you know what you're doing is wrong?

You can't make your child feel better about himself by having him make someone else feel bad. Never works.

Libtards abound on this thread. :chuckle: