ECT They Will Not Receive Thy Testimony: Acts 22: 17-21

Danoh

King James Version
For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

New American Standard Version
"For thus says the LORD, 'David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;

Holman Christian Standard Version
For this is what the LORD says: David will never fail to have a man sitting on the throne of the house of Israel.

https://www.studylight.org/interlinear-bible/jeremiah/33-17.html

It seems plain to me the way it's stated.

David's throne will be occupied continually.

Comparing translations is the approach of one who has basically remained a novice - no matter how much time he or she has been "studying the Bible."

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 :)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
King James Version
For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

New American Standard Version
"For thus says the LORD, 'David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;

Holman Christian Standard Version
For this is what the LORD says: David will never fail to have a man sitting on the throne of the house of Israel.

https://www.studylight.org/interlinear-bible/jeremiah/33-17.html

It seems plain to me the way it's stated.

David's throne will be occupied continually.

David's throne was always Jerusalem/Zion, never anywhere else, except for the seven years in Hebron. His throne was finally established in Jerusalem for his thirty-three years.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
David's throne was always Jerusalem/Zion, never anywhere else.

Not scriptural.

"If you keep My statutes and My judgments, then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever as I promised David your father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.' (1 Kings 9:4-5)

If is a conditional statement. If you do this, I will do for you.

"But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight." (1 Kings 9:6-7)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not scriptural.

"If you keep My statutes and My judgments, then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever as I promised David your father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.' (1 Kings 9:4-5)

"But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight." (1 Kings 9:6-7)

The Lord Jesus Christ, is on the throne and was on it before Israel was cut off.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not scriptural.

The Lord Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, kept the statutes and judgements. All others failed.
He is the only person in history eligible to reign on the throne of David forever and that throne(center of rule) can only be Zion/Jerusalem.

Interplanner

David's throne was always Jerusalem/Zion, never anywhere else, except for the seven years in Hebron. His throne was finally established in Jerusalem for his thirty-three years.

The entire old covenant was only a copy or shadow of the real one in Christ. There is nothing going to be in the ancient capital Jersusalem now. David saw the enthronement. He is reigning and is to be preached as that. Are you doing that?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Lord Jesus Christ, is on the throne and was on it before Israel was cut off.

2 Samuel 7:13

"He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

Daniel 2:44

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.

In other words, Jesus fulfilled establishing a kingdom that will never be destroyed.

Interplanner

The Lord Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, kept the statutes and judgements. All others failed.
He is the only person in history eligible to reign on the throne of David forever and that throne(center of rule) can only be Zion/Jerusalem.

He was enthroned Steko, in Acts 2 and Eph 1. His title is above anything that can be named in this age or the next. If you meant the NHNE, fine, but I don't think so, not when you are talking Hebron.

Danoh

So much for your being a MAD - the whole argument on TOL by the "MADs" is that He is not on the throne in question - ya might wanna loosen your MAGA cap a bit :chuckle:

Danoh

2 Samuel 7:13

"He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

Daniel 2:44

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.

Delayed - Matt. 10:23; Acts 1:7; Rom. 11:25, 26, 1 Peter 1; etc.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So much for your being a MAD - the whole argument on TOL by the "MADs" is that He is not on the throne in question - ya might wanna loosen your MAGA cap a bit :chuckle:

So you don't believe Jesus sits on the throne in heaven and His kingdom is forever?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Delayed - Matt. 10:23; Acts 1:7; Rom. 11:25, 26, 1 Peter 1; etc.
No, Jesus is on the throne in heaven now - the only "delay" is the establishment of the physical kingdom on earth - but He is already King.
Hebrews 1:8
But about the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of Your kingdom.

Psalm 93:2
Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.

Lamentations 5:19
You, O LORD, rule forever; Your throne is from generation to generation.

Danoh

So you don't believe Jesus sits on the throne in heaven and His kingdom is forever?

That is not the throne in question.

And good to see you taking part over here. It's been a while - posting your views, where they can be challenged to your further refinement - Prov. 27:17; Eph. 4:16.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You might want to take a memory class or get help with your Alzheimers, you keep forgetting that i didnt vote for Trump and youve been corrected numerous times.

Danoh

No, Jesus is on the throne in heaven now - the only "delay" is the establishment of the physical kingdom on earth - but He is already King.
Hebrews 1:8
But about the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of Your kingdom.

Psalm 93:2
Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.

Lamentations 5:19
You, O LORD, rule forever; Your throne is from generation to generation.

1 Timothy 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

See also, 1 Cor. 15.